Poole was my #1 rated CB **EDIT: Analysis Up** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poole was my #1 rated CB **EDIT: Analysis Up**

Boomer said:
He could play safety. He is a GREAT tackler. He is a 1st round pick in the 4th round. It's amazing value. Amazing. He was booted from BC for stealing, but was great at Ventura JC and USC. He was ill for the workout and was slow, but he was the elite cover corner in the nation in 2003. No doubt this is a very, very good pick. Very good.

I agree 100%

Poole is a BIG hitter that will knock the stuffing out of people for us. We just picked up a DB in round 4 that can shut down the WR the Bills reached for in Round 1 :lol:

I think its great that Boomer had Poole ahead of both DeAngelo Hall and Dunta Robinson.

:)

Boomer, my only question is how he fits in attitude-wise on a team where he likely will not start for a few years. Does he want to come in and be the man, or can he take a backup role and learn the part before he eventually takes the reins?

LOVE the pick. This is a guy that the Patriots would normally get, or any Tony Dungy team. He had below avg. workout numbers, but the kid is a FOOTBALL player. He makes plays, hits, etc...great pick.

Infil - he's been fine at Vebtura and USC since joining. I think he'll be great.

http://draft.thenflforum.com/poole.htm

"Overall: Poole will be a no.1 corner for the team that drafts him. He has all the stuff you can’t teach – speed, ball skills, and instincts."

How about number 4.. :p Damn our secondary is lookin nasty if he pans out.

That should be Ventura.

Look at the Pats - Givens, Branch, Johnson, Brown, Watson, Graham, Faulk. All guys with good hands who can run and who could give us fits. We now have 4 great corners. This is a great pick-up with the best value pick of the day.

The question now is, who will Wanny line up in the secondary this year? With four solid CB's (not including T-Buck), will one of the corners be moved to Safety?

Also for the record, Surtain isonly 27. Madison is 30. Howard is 26.

infiltrateib said:
Boomer, my only question is how he fits in attitude-wise on a team where he likely will not start for a few years. Does he want to come in and be the man, or can he take a backup role and learn the part before he eventually takes the reins?

Very good question. Lots of times, these kids who seldom get on the field have difficulty keeping their focus and their development is retarded. May be even more potential here with a kid who may be tempted by the vices of south beach.

I'm definitely not poo-poo'ing on the pick at all, just noting that it is something to keep an eye out for.

infiltrateib said:
Boomer, my only question is how he fits in attitude-wise on a team where he likely will not start for a few years.

Frankly, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he were starting by next season.

The only thing I worry about with Poole is that he'll end up like the DB who fell last year -- Dennis Weathersby. That's a sad story...

Weathersby was shot and then had a car accident, so that's unlikely.

Well, if Madden were here, he would point out that "100% of the DBs last year who had 1st/2nd round grades and fell were shot by people mistaking them for a gang member and/or hit by a car." Also, Brett Favre has never lost at home in 20 degree-or-colder weather when he throws more than 30 times, connects with 6 different receivers, and his mom is watching on a Samsung brand TV within a 200 mile radius.

I would not like it if any of our players were shot.

Boomer,

It's just uncanny because of the way both fell to the start of the 4th and IMHO how good Poole can be/Weathersby could have been.

Back
Top Bottom