Poole was my #1 rated CB **EDIT: Analysis Up** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poole was my #1 rated CB **EDIT: Analysis Up**

But when you watch the tapes, that tells you all you need to know; a solid cover guy with great explosion and excellent tackling skills make him hard to pass up in the 1st round.

I watched several USC games this year and the two things I noticed about Poole were that he seemed to always hit the ball and he did a great job of reading the QB.

When he tackled the runner, he made contact with the ball often causing fumbles. When he played the pass he got at least a slap at the ball, often knocking it away. He also seemed to spend alot of time looking in the backfield. He got caught occasionally, but usually showed really good instincts about where the play was headed.

It sounds like we have a keeper in the later rounds. That is always a good sign. I wonder how he does behind a deep secondary though. I kind of thought we would go d-line, wide receiver or back to the o-line with this pick or the fifth rounder but instead, we beefed up the secondary even more with Poole and Bua.

I would like to see us hit up d-line or some offense again before this draft is over though.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I agree 100%

Poole is a BIG hitter that will knock the stuffing out of people for us. We just picked up a DB in round 4 that can shut down the WR the Bills reached for in Round 1 :lol:

LOVE IT!!

I also agree with Rick1966. You never know what can happen. And although we have a lot tied up in Madison now, a lot can happen in a year. If Sam has a good year, and Poole develops as he should, we could see Sam traded away for a decent pick.

You never know. All I know is that we might have gotten the best value pick in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom