Portis to leave UF | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Portis to leave UF

Nappy Roots

Da Dalphins
Club Member
Reaction score
____LINK____

True Florida freshman quarterback Josh Portis is transferring to another school, his mother confirmed Friday.

Patricia Portis said her son informed the UF coaches and other school officials Friday morning that he is leaving.

"He has been very puzzled about this for some time," Patricia Portis said. "Now he's relieved. This was a long, hard decision. There comes a time where every family has to make their decision and that's what we've done."

Patricia Portis said Josh will remain with the team through the Jan. 2 Outback Bowl.
She said her son is transferring for a number of reasons, the most significant being a lack of playing time and a lack of opportunity to show his skills on the rare occasions he has played this season.

"Josh has been very loyal to the program, very loyal to the Gators," she said. "He's done everything he's been asked to do. He's been a good student and he's a great kid.

"The bottom line is (the coaches) won't let his talent be shown on the field. He needs to be at an institution where all his talents can be taken care of. He needs to grow. He needs to be in a situation where they will develop him and not put him in one play and take him out the next. They would only let him run the ball and if he made one mistake and they would take him out.

:sidelol: sweet

jnewmant said:
hey nappy, do you have any idea where he's transferring too?

Patricia Portis said Josh will not transfer to another SEC school. She said she and Josh gave UF officials a list of schools he might look into, but she would not reveal the schools..
Patricia Portis said her son's transfer is something he's been discussing with her for the past month.

thats all i know

If he wanted to play he shouldn't have de-committed from Utah to follow Urban to Florida. This is somewhat surprising to me because Urban likes Josh a lot more as a QB than he does Leak. The other three teams he was looking into last year were Maryland, Washington, & Kansas State, all three of which have unsettled QBs. If he wants to win he'll go to Maryland, if he wants to get close to home it'll be Washington, but both of them have early commits from 4-star QBs.

FinSinceBirth said:
What makes you say that?

Because of what Urban has said throughout the year. Portis is a lot more suited for his offense than Chris, which is why Urban recruited him so hard. At a point earlier this year there was speculation that Urban would bench Leak for Portis.

The weird part... If he transfers to a Division I school he has to sit out next season. Why not stay at florida and just redshirt there next season? Unless he feels Meyer won't redshirt him!?

Edit: my guess is there is talk that Tebow will be at Florida and he feels he won't beat him out!?

Kinda sucks. But to be honest I was never impressed with what I saw of him. Played well in the Orange and Blue game but that was nothing more than a scrimmage. His passing skills weren't the best. Hopefully this is a result of some inside info on recruiting and Teabow is gonna be a Gator!

Kinda sucks. But to be honest I was never impressed with what I saw of him. Played well in the Orange and Blue game but that was nothing more than a scrimmage. His passing skills weren't the best. Hopefully this is a result of some inside info on recruiting and Tebow is gonna be a Gator!

Back
Top Bottom