position worth the money? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

position worth the money?

ASUFinFan said:
he said 30 percent, but id sure hope that if i was a professional scout and that was all i did throughout my life that i would have a better percentage than that.

That just goes to show how hard it is to draft a QB. These guys are being drafted by professionals, whose entire lives involve evaluating football players. And they are still wrong 70% of the time, at least with Qbs. That's why we should absolutely not take a QB with the #2 pick, especially since neither of the top 2 QBs is considered anything special. If we do, we're looking at giving an unproven QB $20-30M. With a 70% failure rate, that's the kind of move that can cripple a franchise for years.

In a Sun Sentinel article today it said that no HB has been taken higher than 16th since 2001. If that is true I just can't see the Dolphins if they stay at #2 taking a HB.

nick19991 said:
the QB should be the highest payed player on any team if he is good enough, a QB does the most for the team out of any player on the team, he touches the ball on every offensive snap and holds blame for things gone wrong for the offense and therefore a QB should always (there are some exceptions) be the first overall player taken in every draft, the few exceptions are if there simply isn't a QB good enough to go that high, if there is another player at any other position who is extremely talented and is a can't miss player, or if the team simply has a good QB and does not have a need to draft a QB that high. Otherwise a QB should always be the first player overall taken in the draft

most teams with the tops picks dont have the great qbs becuase if they did they most likly wouldnt be picking there. look at the top 5 this year and the top last year

ohall said:
In a Sun Sentinel article today it said that no HB has been taken higher than 16th since 2001. If that is true I just can't see the Dolphins if they stay at #2 taking a HB.

why? it depends on the talent, LT was taken 5 that year, should they not have done that? should edge not have gone 5 when he did? should ricky (talent wise people) not have gone top 10? it depends on the talent available ...

i still believe in the BPA philosophy, whether its a safety or a TE or a RB...

and also its different prices for different positions, if the niners draft braylon they wont pay as much as if they draft rodgers/smith...

Back
Top Bottom