Positives from raiders game! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from raiders game!

Fitz did what all good ones do. You get the ball to your dominant players no matter what when the game's on the line. There's no way you look anywhere but to one if the best receivers in the league on Mack Hollins. So good you don't even have to see him to throw his way.

Fitz did what all good ones do. You get the ball to your dominant players no matter what when the game's on the line. There's no way you look anywhere but to one if the best receivers in the league on Mack Hollins. So good you don't even have to see him to throw his way.
Lol....obviously joking, but on a serious note for Hollins, I have been asking for a few deep routes from him for a few weeks now. There was an obvious blown coverage tonight, but Hollins was really good with the deep routes in college.

On Agholor's TD play, he pushed off but it wasn't called. The PI called on Jones wasn't as bad as the push off, but that was penalized. I hate how officials can call one thing but not another!
A WR needs to throw a defender down to get called for PI. Should be the opposite. The defender needs more slack.

Lol....obviously joking, but on a serious note for Hollins, I have been asking for a few deep routes from him for a few weeks now. There was an obvious blown coverage tonight, but Hollins was really good with the deep routes in college.
Hollins may be better at deep than shallow. His hands are as bad as Grants but he may do better just being asked to go get it.

I'm not sure he has real instinct as a receiver though. Not to succeed as an nfl player.

The biggest positive is that Fitzpatrick put up a solid performance that Tua will 100% be able to learn from. When you know pressure is coming you have to get the ball out quick. Sometimes that means it might be a contested ball but you need to have faith in your arm and WR/TE. I would also like to point out that Tua led an excellent TD drive to start the 2nd half. He had a rough game, but there is stuff for him to build on and make it a positive learning experience.

Disappointed in the overall performance up to Fitzpatrick, entering the game. But the entire 4th quarter was as exciting as they come. Sometimes luck is all you need.

Hollins deserves a mention.

Her did have two drops. He made up for it by getting the block that allowed Gaskin to take it to the house and he was able to hold on to the ball and get out of bounds on “the throw”.

Disappointed in the overall performance up to Fitzpatrick, entering the game. But the entire 4th quarter was as exciting as they come. Sometimes luck is all you need.
That Gaskin catch and run wasn't luck. A veteran nailing a throw to a receiver 35 yards downfield with ability to get out of bounds while he's being face masked isn't luck. Luck would have been if the Raiders missed their go-ahead chip shot FG, or fumbled leading up to that.

The Raiders were the more capable team today, but this team won the football game because we made plays.

I don't feel the pass interference was a bad call, but if the Raiders had won because of a penalty, THAT is luck.

Hollins deserves a mention.

Her did have two drops. He made up for it by getting the block that allowed Gaskin to take it to the house and he was able to hold on to the ball and get out of bounds on “the throw”.
Hollins is a good run blocker for a receiver. Even before we lost half the corps he was active there as a blocker on running plays.

Ideally we'd have a more talented corps next year, but guys who can do the dirty roles like blocking and special teams can find their way on rosters.

Hollins may be better at deep than shallow. His hands are as bad as Grants but he may do better just being asked to go get it.

I'm not sure he has real instinct as a receiver though. Not to succeed as an nfl player.
That was my point, he isn't NFL caliber, it's just unfortunate that we have to rely on him at this point. However, the one trick he had in college was catching the deep ball. Maybe he just adjust better going after a ball thrown over his shoulder compared to a ball thrown into his chest. Living in North Carolina back then, I remember Mack being a deep threat. Maybe it fails, but with nobody else able to do it we should give him a few chances just to see.

Back
Top Bottom