Possession Receiver | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possession Receiver

Originally posted by Danny
I think that Thopmson or Tolver could be the posesion receiver. Tolver has probably the best hands of any of our WR's imo.
dude chris chambers has the best hands of our receivers this guy has crazy hands.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
Since Norv Turner likes to incorporate the same general style into our offense that he used with the Cowboys (with some differences, of course) who is going to be used as the Michael Irvin-like big, possession receiver this year? It seemed to be Gadsden last year until he got hurt, and Chambers kind of moved into that role. But Chambers and McKnight are both speed guys, so they can also be thrown to down the field (which I personally think we should do more of). So will Chambers be possession sometimes, and a deep threat sometimes? Or is McMichael the main possession guy? I cringe at the thought of McKnight being used primarily as a possession receiver.

First of all, Mcknight has to catch a ball to be a "possesion" receiver !! :D
But I can see alot of 2 TE 2 WR formations with some Hback sets thrown in. For a lot of obvious reasons, Spuurier ball wouldn't work here and Norv favs the 2 TEs alot and rarely uses more than 2 WRs anyway. The plus here is Randy's talent. He can line up tight or line up in a slot, etc. The key to alot of our Os sucess is the versatility of our players. The more different formations that can be ran with the same personal will most definetly wear out a D. On 3rd and long, will they bring in their rushers since we've not subbed anybody? What do they do? We're swinging that hammer cuz norv will just call a play according to who they have in. If they bring in their rushers, then a draw or screen would fine fine or Ricky, or Randy, or CC. But, if it was all that simple, then we wouldn't lose a game, huh? But i'm sure you see what i mean tho. ;)

This kid Kendall Newsome is making a case for himself in the NFL Europe League !! I haven't read too much before this but he is playing some good ball, could be a surprise T Brown ...:D Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom