Possibilities other than Aikman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possibilities other than Aikman

How about Johnny Unitas, or even better, Bart Star

Damn, Dajesus! That's the first time I've seen anyone around here gettin all metaphysical on our asses. LMAO

I ran your thoughts on Darwin and the rally monkey by a few folks though, just to see what they thought:

DesCartes said the monkey is irrelevant, because it is irrational and driven only by a predetermined life-script. He was also wondering why it is that tinkering with his latest formula for proving the existence of God kept generating mention of someone named "Marino".

Hume wonders what to make of this purported conjunction between the monkey and the rally -- if it's not constant, he asked, what good is it? He did add, however, that the connection between "Jets" and "suck" is imprinted, a priori, in the minds of all intelligent life-forms at birth.

Sartre suggested that the monkey's desire for a rally and that of an angel's fan were of equal value and import -- nil. And, he added, ultimately... we all end up like the Bengals.

Not sure what to make of it all myself, but I sure hope it helps. :)

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out consume
Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
who was just as sloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
'bout the raisin' of the wrist.
Socrates himself was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
after half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.
Plato, they say, could stick it away,
'alf a crate of whiskey every day!
Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
and Hobbes was fond of his Dram.
And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart:
"I drink, therefore I am."

Yes, Socrates himself is particularly missed;
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed.

---Monty Python

I say bring in me.I wouldn't really help out the team any, but I promise to donate 1/2 my salary as an NFL QB to Finheaven.

My suggestion by the way, is Mr. T

I pity the fool that tries to keep Mr. T out of the endzone. I pity the fool!

Here's my list of guys that should be playing for Miami right now...comical to say the least:

Stan Humphries
Chris Miller
John Elway...damnit!

okay...I'm tired of comic relief

trying to be serious, I have three guys that could legitmately come in on a weeks notice and could be efficient until Fiedler comes back.

Elvis Grbac...went from starter in Baltimore to not playing at all

Captain Comebck: Jim Harbaugh...he played last year for Carolina, why can't he play now?

Randall Cunningham...the man probably still has a strong arm, and all he would need to do is be smart and try not to do too much!

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Damn, Dajesus! That's the first time I've seen anyone around here gettin all metaphysical on our asses. LMAO

I ran your thoughts on Darwin and the rally monkey by a few folks though, just to see what they thought:

DesCartes said the monkey is irrelevant, because it is irrational and driven only by a predetermined life-script. He was also wondering why it is that tinkering with his latest formula for proving the existence of God kept generating mention of someone named "Marino".

Hume wonders what to make of this purported conjunction between the monkey and the rally -- if it's not constant, he asked, what good is it? He did add, however, that the connection between "Jets" and "suck" is imprinted, a priori, in the minds of all intelligent life-forms at birth.

Sartre suggested that the monkey's desire for a rally and that of an angel's fan were of equal value and import -- nil. And, he added, ultimately... we all end up like the Bengals.

Not sure what to make of it all myself, but I sure hope it helps. :)

I have to think of the "allegory of the cave". I am curious if the perfect model that the rally monkey is based on plays QB for the Fins.

Originally posted by Danny_Dolphin
Randall Cunningham...the man probably still has a strong arm, and all he would need to do is be smart and try not to do too much!
I'd rather re-unite Randall and Cris over Norv and Troy. At least Randall played last year :rolleyes:

Dahesus, that monkey line line about Darwin was one of the best ever. I talked to my man Freud about the monkey. He kept spouting off someting about the Monkey having unrepented love for its father team (the almighty Dodgers) and therefore was lashing out by demonstrating his desire for the hated interstate rival of his father team, the Angels.

I then proceeded to punch good ole Sigmund for being stupid and confusing.

If Ray starts stinkin up the Meadowlands more than those same old Jets have over the years, I say we put in Marlin Briscoe, and give him the shot at QB he always deserved.

(Just kiddin ya, Jets fans -- I'm well aware that smell emanates from Jimmy H.)

Back
Top Bottom