Possible division realignment | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible division realignment

I’d hate this personally

I like hating the Jets, Bills and Patriots too much.

A titans and jags rivalry just feels blah.

Plus, once the novelty of having maybe a handful of games is replaced by a permanent team I am sure support will falter as well. The NFL is counting on the interest for a novelty to translate directly to a permanent solution.
Def a possibility, tho I think the crowds would be there for a while. Even though they'd be called London it'd basically be a team for Europe so the potential fan base is huge, big NFL following in Germany as well for instance. The game/support is growing year by year in the UK alone. There'd be so many fans of the away team going as well, especially for teams like the Fins who have a big following over here. If it's purely about selling tickets it makes sense but there's so much more involved than that I'm not buying into it

Chargers need to go back to San Diego where they belong. Kick out the Spanos family, get new ownership so the city will take them back.

I agree with that, they need new ownership. How do you have two hall of fame QB's and still have zero success?

Pains me to say that about fellow Greek American's but the Spanos family isn't good for the Chargers.

I have a lot of respect for Alex Spanos and the empire he built but the dude spent the twilight of his life counting pennies. I don't know how different his son is going to be.

To have had Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Ladainian Tomlinson, Shawn Merriman, Antonio Cromartie, Vincent Jackson, Shaun Phillips, Eric Weddle, Darren Sproles, Michael Turner and not sniffed a Super Bowl?

How many times did we beat the Chargers, when we shouldn't have? Quite a few times.

I cant speak for anyone else, but I certainly enjoy watching rivalry games in the NFL. So you may have to change your point to no one but one really cares

Nothing like a good jets dolphins rivalry to get the juices flowing as both teams have sucked ass for over 20 years. Or the cowboys or redskins haha I’m setting my clock to watch the bengals and Steelers this year. Or the packers playing the bears without a QB.

Any “rivalries” are regional to the northeast and the Midwest. Titans TEXANS, jags, buccaneers, saints, cardinals, rams, Seahawks panthers falcons colts have no real rivalries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how many guys will want to play for a London team. They'd be losing a lot of money and the travel would be grueling.

Don’t underestimate tax implications too

If the Chargers are not resonating in LA, how about moving them to St Louis instead of creating huge logistic, financial obligations and logistics with this ridiculous notion of Manifest Destiny?

There would HAVE to be a name change to get the London NFL fans to embrace their team.

The London Redcoats?

The British Queens?

London Bangers?

Royals? Monarchs?

How do you have two hall of fame QB's and still have zero success?
Good question!
That's why Ive always been against the so-called "tank".
The chargers have had TWO franchise QBs that never got to the super Bowl, and they BOTH will probably end up in the HOF.
Their only appearance in the SB came with a journeyman QB..........Humphries.

Good question!
That's why Ive always been against the so-called "tank".
The chargers have had TWO franchise QBs that never got to the super Bowl, and they BOTH will probably end up in the HOF.
Their only appearance in the SB came with a journeyman QB..........Humphries.
I said BOTH...............Fouts is already in isnt he?

Not that easy. London will attract no marquee players. Why would a free agent go there when he won't be taxed as high nor will the cost of living be what it is in London? Any team there will try and compete with lower tier FAs and what they can draft.

There are a lot of NFL teams without any marquee players.

I can think of one most of us are all familiar with, can you?

• Haha
Reactions: MD
Def a possibility, tho I think the crowds would be there for a while. Even though they'd be called London it'd basically be a team for Europe so the potential fan base is huge, big NFL following in Germany as well for instance. The game/support is growing year by year in the UK alone. There'd be so many fans of the away team going as well, especially for teams like the Fins who have a big following over here. If it's purely about selling tickets it makes sense but there's so much more involved than that I'm not buying into it
It probably will be crowds for the newness but like always if you cannot field a competitive team the fans will stay home in the long run.

In regards to Europe: if the NFL hopes for continental support for a franchise in England they may have missed the boat. If Brexit goes into effect travel will be much harder from and to the UK. No more EU line it will be immigration.

Back
Top Bottom