Possible Sapp Scenario | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Sapp Scenario

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Warren Sapp is a Free Agent...

Warren Sapp has a gigantic ego..

Warren Sapp will demand 10 Million a year for 6 years (give or take :) )

Warren Sapp will not have any takers for his demands...

Warren Sapp will still be waiting come June...

Warren Sapp will settle for a 1 year deal with the Dolphins..

What do you think? good, bad..indifferent?

He's already dissed us publicly. But I'd rather not have that overrated jackass on our team anyway. He's just not that good anymore. He's the 3rd best lineman on his team. They moved Anthony McFarland over to Sapp's spot last week and Booger had a tremendous game.

I'm not sure that Sapp is "not that good". Miami needs pressure from the inside..I think that we can all agree with that. Sapp..as bad as he may be..he has 12.5 sacks the last 2 seasons. When was the last time Miami got that kind of pressure from a DT? Pairing Fatboy with Taylor and Ogunleye could be amazing. Just as a frame of reference, Tim Bowens has 7.5 sacks in the last 6 years...and he's Miami's best DT.

I'd rather us switch two DE's in at the DT position on passing downs then deal with a moron like Sapp.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of seeing Wally and JT fly upfield as every opposing QB simply steps up in the pocket with no fear because Miami's tackles get no push whatsoever.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Just as a frame of reference, Tim Bowens has 7.5 sacks in the last 6 years...and he's Miami's best DT.

but rushing the qb isn't his fortay...the guy clogs up the middle to allow guys like zach and seau to make plays. ..and he's a run stuffer. IMO, bowens >>> sapp's fat @$$ ever was.

stats arent everything, T-Bo has been invaluable to this defense over the years

What I mean by "not that good" is that he's nowhere near the player he once was. And he's not as good as his reputation says he is.

He's a good interior pass rusher. But he doesn't do much against the run. You run right at him, he disappears. In our current scheme....he doesn't fit as a starter.

Sapp's getting almost $7 million this year. 5 sacks and weak run defense says he ain't worth it. And that's not even factoring in his big mouth.

Are you serious? I'd rather have Keyshawn spewing his mouth then Sapp.

Yeah, I guess that's true..I just wish Miami had some push from the middle on passing downs. Don't get me wrong, I love Timbo.

I only wanted Sapp for a one year, low money deal..under the scenario I presented.

I do think, however, that the Dolphins could use some of his arrogance. Miami has too many "nice guys".

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Personally, I'm sick and tired of seeing Wally and JT fly upfield as every opposing QB simply steps up in the pocket with no fear because Miami's tackles get no push whatsoever.

I'm with you there....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

I don't want is Warren Sapp on the Miami Dolphins. He is overrated and he is an egotistical idiot. All he would be is a cancer in the lockerroom.

Sapp in Miami?

COME ON PEOPLE!

I believe DT is a serious need on this team, and would like to see the position addressed. But not regressed.

Back
Top Bottom