Possible Steals at WR in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible Steals at WR in the draft

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Gotta shop around.;)

You guys should know Jason Geathers. 6-3, 210, good speed. Useful guy as a returner, WR, RB.

Can become a David Givens type player, except he is faster.

Nab him in the sixth.

Johnnie Morant Syracuse big, fast, this year's Tyrone Calico. Will rise though like Calico.

Devery Henderson. Fast, good size, big time playmaker overshadowed by Mark Clayton.

B.J. Johnson- Good speed, decent size, overshadowed by Roy Williams, but is himself a very good receiver.

Please give me some more names I can add to this list.

At this point he is a second rounder if he declares.

I like Devery Henderson a lot, but I think we should pick up a guy in the 1st round this year. I like Lee Evans, my only beef is that he's so similar to Chris Chambers.

I doubt Rashaun Woods is there at 20, but Evans and Clayton should be.

Justin Jenkins 6-1 210 Mississippi State

*62 receptions, 880 yards, 9 TDs
*2nd Team All-SEC
*4.45 forty
*40 inch vertical
*375 lbs bench press

Michael Clayton of LSU is basically a 1st round lock.

I've seen them all this year...and the best guy is a Soph....Mike Williams.......But there is one guy that just looks like Terrel Owens all over again....Roy Williams.....

I would not mind if the fins end up with Michael Clayton or Steal Braylon Edwards in the 3rd round.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
all those yards and only 9 TDs?

Realize that he had a terrible QB and didn't play in a passing offense. Remember Donald Lee? Mississippi State has some unknown talent because they were coached so poorly.

Plus, those 9 TDs tied their all time season high. Eric Moulds caught only 9 TDs in one season. Heck, for Jenkins's career, he has 18 TD receptions, and that's 2nd all time to Moulds in the school's history. Moulds ended up with 25 TDs, I believe.

This guy is going to be high on Miami's list though.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/College+Football/College+Football+Extras/2003/fedotin111903.htm

clear.gif

He's a player that makes game changing plays. Evans had more than 10 receptions that went for 40+ yards this season.

Originally posted by Jaj
Gotta shop around.;)

You guys should know Jason Geathers. 6-3, 210, good speed. Useful guy as a returner, WR, RB.

WOW i didnt think anyone was going to think twice about JG. My boy is good.. i know. While in college he has had more success at running back but they guy could be a quality wide receiver if he had someone good throwing to him. WR is actually the position he prefers. I hope we do pick him up! We need some real UM boys.

What about Reggie Williams?? Where is he projected to go??

Is he even declaring for the draft??

I heard Reggie Williams will be the next Randy Moss..

Last edited by a moderator:
He is declaring likely to go between picks 10-15 at this point.

Can you guys tell me how raw Jason Geathers is because I have heard that is his only problem.

Geathers is a good athlete who had some injury concerns early on in his career. He's played a lot more at RB than WR, that is due to other injuries and a need for him at RB.

He'll never be a starter unless he surprises alot of people, but he is big and has some straight line speed. That is not nearly as important for a WR to have agility and speed. Right now Geathers takes a little time to get going, and doesn't have break away speed at all. I'd say a good 6th rd pick for him.

Back
Top Bottom