Post FA/Draft Miami Dolphins Season Prediction | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post FA/Draft Miami Dolphins Season Prediction

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Now that FA and draft are over, we are able to make better predictions for the season. What is your prediction?

Game by Game Breakdown:

Week 1: BUCCANEERS - W
  • Buccs' offense looks to be explosive with the addition of OJ Howard & Desean Jackson and a 3rd year Jameis Winston. Will be a challenge to Dolphins' secondary and reformed defense. Week 1 at home I trust Gase to have the team prepared and come out on top in a shootout.

Week 2: @ Chargers - W
  • Travel to LA for Chargers' home opener and LA debut. Good thing its in a small soccer stadium. This could be a loss as the Chargers look for revenge, but Dolphins continue to matchup well with Chargers. Bolts' reformed offensive line should give them more punch as a running team. Will test Dolphins run defense early.

Week 3: @ Jets - W
  • Jets saw a veteran purge this offseason and failed to address their QB situation. They look to be preparing for the #1 pick. Should be an easy victory on the road.

Week 4: SAINTS (London) - L
  • After starting 3-0, Dolphins drop their first game to the high-powered offense of the NO Saints in London. Should be another shootout, but I don't think the Dolphins D will hold up in the end.
Week 5: TITANS - W
  • Dolphins seek revenge for recent beatdowns at the hands of Titans at home. Shored up run D will help stave off Titans prolific rush attack.

Week 6: @ Falcons - L
  • Falcons offense will prove too much for Dolphins D in Atlanta.
Week 7: JETS - W
  • Jets will still be winless, throwing out Petty for another Wake/Suh Sandwich.
Week 8: @ Ravens (TNF) - L
  • A clear loss. Visiting teams on TNF historically get blown out. The Ravens continue to be an awful matchup for the Dolphins.
Week 9: RAIDERS (SNF) - W
  • Dolphins seek to repair their image national with a signature win in primetime. A fun matchup which could see fine performances from Carr and Tannehill. Dolphins win late.
Week 10: @ Panthers (MNF) - W
  • A tough matchup considering the Panthers' reformed rush attack. Could go either way, but the Dolphins pull out another close one in primetime.
Week 11: BYE

Week 12: @ Patriots - L
  • A trip to Foxboro late in the year never ends well for the Dolphins.
Week 13: BRONCOS - W
  • The return of Vance Joseph. Gase will be prepared to face his old DC. VJ will know Tannehill's habits, but I give Gase the edge on coming up with a plan to thwart VJ's defense. It helps that its also in Miami.
Week 14: PATRIOTS (MNF) - W
  • The Dolphins will be geeked up for this primetime matchup against the Pats at home. A signature primetime win to show the world that the Dolphins are back as a contender.
Week 15: @ Bills - L
  • A gritty game in tough conditions in Buffalo. Could go either way, but I'll give a close win to the Bills.
Week 16: @ Chiefs - W
  • Will depend on the Chiefs' QB situation. It will be a tough game regardless, but with the playoffs on the line, the Dolphins battle it out for a win.
Week 17: BILLS - W
  • The Dolphins cap off the season with a win at home vs the Bills to finish as a wildcard in the AFC.

Prediction: 11-5

Reactions: BSQ
vs Tampa Bay - W
at LA Chargers - W
at NY Jets - W
vs New Orleans - W
vs Tennessee - W
at Atlanta - L
vs NY Jets - W
at Baltimore - L
vs Oakland - L
at Carolina - W
BYE
at New England - L
Denver - W
New England - L
at Buffalo - W
at Kansas City - L
vs Buffalo - W

A very optimistic 10-6.

Reactions: BSQ
I think I'm being optimistic when I say I'm expecting another 10-6 record. If Isaac Asiata and Julius Thomas are instantly productive and the rest of our offense picks up where it left off last year, we will have a very good offense. But, the first few weeks tend to be tough for offenses. We will need them to be good early if we're to reach 10-6.

Our defense needs to show that it has dramatically improved. Health is the most important metric in the secondary, where Reshad Jones, Xavien Howard and Byron Maxwell all missed a lot of games. Gone is IAQ, who played well while he was on the field. Good luck to him in the rest of his life, and his contribution will be missed. We invested heavily in depth though, and I expect to be better prepared if we suffer another brutal wave of injuries. The addition of Nate Allen is less than the loss of IAQ in my opinion, but the return to health of our leader and stud SS Reshad Jones far more than offsets for it. Having the insurance of an exceptional SS/combo safety/enforcer TJ McDonald for the second half of the season is a major ace up the sleeve for our DB's. A healthy X. Howard cannot be understated. This kid is the real deal. He displayed excellent close coverage technique, good ball skills despite his limited play time, did a great job minimizing penalties (an area of concern for him coming in as a young rookie), and his technique improved very well. The sky is the limit for Howard. Also, Lippett was one of our most improved players last year. His jump from his rookie season was fantastic. That gives us two young CB's. But, IMHO, it is only a matter of time before we pair Tankersley with Howard as our starting boundary CB's and shift Lippett into a role of goal-line and injury insurance at boundary CB. Eventually, Byron Maxwell will be replaced by his protégé Tankersley. It's just a matter of when. IMHO, Tankersley has a LOT to learn, and it is likely to be a multi-season learning curve ... but the raw tools are there to be very good.

We fielded the worst LB corps in the NFL last year. Luckily, the coaching staff and front office noticed, realized and addressed it. Last year Kiko, who was good, provided the only NFL caliber LB play we had. This year we added NFL veteran Lawrence Timmons and stud 20 year old rookie Raekwon McMillan. Sure, we still have Misi, and he's probably good for another 4 games at Sam, but we are no longer depending on him, and are no longer going to be let down when he gets injured. I'm not the biggest Timmons fan. His play has fallen off tremendously the last year and a half. Also, he was the Steeler vomiting from the heat and humidity when they visited Miami. I'm confident that training camp will fix that aspect, but we need him to bounce back from his poor recent form. He's in the sunset of his career, and has always been a speed linebacker but who now has lost a step. It's time for him to become savvy. McMillan is going to be a stud Mike for a decade plus. My only question is when does his reign begin? Will we first start him at Sam? Will we push Timmons out to Sam? My bet is that Timmons plays Mike, allowing him to call the defense and avoid coverage. McMillan will be freed up a bit to react and his quicker feet will be more useful in coverage. But no matter how you look at it, we have improved dramatically from Neville Hewitt and Spencer Paysinger. This should dramatically improve our run game and even if they completely blow, it cannot be worse than last years coverage.

Up front we had phenomenal play from Suh and Wake. It's an absolute shame nobody else really showed up. We paid Branch a lot of money for being sub-par against the run and mediocre in the pass when he always got a 1v1 matchup on the blind side and only managed 5.5 sacks. Let's see if he can improve. Hayes was just as productive but with a great run defense and flexibility to shift inside on pass downs. Great addition. Then the two draftees could both make this team and get meaningful snaps in the rotation. Phillips flashed last year ... but he's still underperformed and not playing nearly enough snaps. One way or another, that problem will be figured out by next offseason. The addition of Charles Harris means we will get a better pass rush. That should help our DB's a lot.

Games ... well it's too early to make a meaningful prediction, but as long as we're speculating on a 'Way too early league' of predictions, I'll give it a blind shot.

vs Tampa Bay - W
It's our home opener. We have plenty of time to prepare. We are the better team. We are at home. If we can't win this one, we're in trouble.

at LA Chargers - W
This is one of those games that typically is won by the home team. Cross-continental flight games are tough. But we don't have that many teams who we are clearly better than, and this should be one of them. They improved their OL in the draft. Kudos to them for two very good selections. But if you're telling me that you have two rookie guards going against Ndamakong Suh ... I'm betting on Suh. We have a lot of ballhawks in our secondary, and it should be healthy. Rivers turns the ball over ... there are some good matchups for us in this game. Joey Bosa is legit ... but he'll be going against Tunsil one the back side or James + Bushrod on our right. Again, that's a good matchup for us. It will be interesting to see how Tannehill and Julius Thomas fare against the San Diego Sup.... errr the Los Angeles Chargers. This game could go either way ... but for us to succeed it needs to be a win.

at NY Jets - W
Typically we play the Jets close in both games. But this team is in disarray, and we need to seize this opportunity to win. Yes, it is another cross-continental game ... because like electro-shock therapy (post-Chargers) it doesn't really get less painful the 2nd time around. Regardless, the Jets will not be good this year, and we need to continue Gase's tradition of beating the beatable teams.

vs New Orleans - W
It's in London, because let's face it, why stop at two straight cross-continental games when we can go for the trifecta of an even bigger flight ... the trans-Atlantic! It's like winning the triple crown of frequent flyer miles! ... or not. So yeah, our 'home field advantage' is the heat and humidity in the first month of the season, so we'll have played 2 of our 4 early season games at 'home' with one being against the team with the closest proximity and same weather and the other being a farce 'home game' played in London, where the weather is more likely to hurt us. If there is a silver lining, it is that the Saints, who I expect to be much improved this year, will not be playing at home in the dome. Their home field advantage is even bigger than ours, so in a way, this neutral game isn't the worst thing that could happen ... as long as we win. Who am I kidding, the schedule makers hate us.

vs Tennessee - L
Woo-hoo, we get a 4th straight week of super-long flights as we make another trans-Atlantic flight home from our 'home' game in London! This will be a tooooooough game. Not only did the Titans dominate us last year physically, but they really never looked like they were threatened. If we win this game, it will be because our players pride is bigger than theirs. It will be because our offense scored early and forced the Titans to throw the ball. It will be because we want it more than they do. But, I'm predicting a loss. We can't win every close game, and I'm seeing a lot of close games on this schedule.

at Atlanta - L
Finally, game 5 and we're NOT getting skrewed over by the schedule maker. This is just an old fashioned away game ... against the should-be Super Bowl Champions who threw the game away and now have something to prove. Hey, we can't win them all.

vs NY Jets - W
Hopefully by now the Jets will be demoralized and simply roll over and play dead. We should and I expect will win this game.

at Baltimore - W
So beating Baltimore makes little sense, because they always just barely beat us. And playing them in Baltimore it seems like more of the same. They embarrassed our LB's last year. We have new LB's and a new (hopefully better) approach to defending the short stuff in front of our LB's this year. We also have Isaac Asiata opening holes for Jay Ajayi. We may also have a seam threat in Julius Thomas. I am going against the grain and taking us to beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Call it a feeling. ;-)

vs Oakland - W
Yay cross-continental flights! Who knows, maybe the schedule throws us a bone? We look better able to stop the run this year with new rotational DT's and new starting LB's all of whom seem to be better at run stopping. Oh yeah, we also have Reshad Jones returning from health and the appearance of smashmouth safety TJ McDonald. I'm expecting us to be able to contain Marshawn Lynch and force the Raiders to be one dimensional. I think we can score on the Raider's defense.

at Carolina - L
I'd love to go into the bye week on a winning note. But Carolina is a good team that got off track last year. With Fournette commanding a safety in the box (which we now have!), we stand a real chance of winning the coverage vs. their receivers. But that is a physical team with a very good defense. Beating them on their home field will be tough.

BYE
This is the ONLY good thing the schedule makers did for us. I really appreciate the healing week late in the season. Now, our challenge will be to make it count.

at New England - L
It pains me too much to even analyze why we get no home game against them in Miami when it's hot yet they always get a home game against us in New England when it's cold. Brrrr. Grrrr. Blech.

Denver - W
This will be a crunch-time game. A very good Broncos team vying for a playoff spot with a primary wildcard rival, the Dolphins. It's in Miami, and we need to win this. Time to show up and show out.

New England - L
Yes, I'm saying we have a chance. But I'm not predicting a win.

at Buffalo - W
Yay, playing in Buffalo in the winter! Thanks schedule makers! If we're going to get into the playoffs again, we need to win some games we aren't going to be expected to win. This could easily be one of them.

at Kansas City - L
Awesome, we play in KC in the snow of December! That sounds like Dolphins weather! This would be an unlikely game to win, but it's not impossible.

vs Buffalo - W
Yep, beating the Bills twice in 3 weeks ... that's what we will need to do. The odds are against us ... but hell, we swept them last year and I think we're more improved than they are from last season, so let's show that we deserve to be in the playoffs.

If we can do this ... we can have our second double-digit win season in a row. I don't really have confidence in our schedule, although I do like the late bye. But, I have faith in Gase and I'm expecting improvement, so I'm predicting:

10-6 and a wildcard spot.

Last edited:
The 2 biggest metrics in the NFL are the Coach and the QB. In my opinion when you go into a game with the superior Coach and QB you've got a very good chance of winning. It's been a long time since the Dolphins have gone into a game owning that edge, at least until last season. Every game we played under Philbin we went into with the inferior Coach. Now we finally have a Head Coach who is the freaking man, the opposite of Philbin, thank God!. Let's look ahead to this season. I see Gase/ Tannehill as a force to be reckoned with, we're going to come out and surprise some people. Tampa Bay at home, I respect Dirk Koetter and Winston but we win at home. Away at San Diego might be tough, Mike McCoy and Rivers will give us a battle but Rivers will throw a pick late, just like last game when Kiko pick 6ed him. Jets is a W, Payton and Brees send us to 3-1. The Titans with Mariota might be tough but Gase outcoaches Mularky, Dan Quinn and Ryan beat us but we fought hard and came close. Jets W, The Ravens on the road Th. night, Harbaugh and Flacco get beat by a big night from Ajayi and the o-line, The Raider game is a match up of 2 teams on the way up. Gase beats del Rio and Tannehill puts up 4 tds, next is the Panthers on Monday night, Rivera and Cam are too tough on this night, the Patriots at home, I'm calling for a 4th quarter comeback by Ryan and we win on a FG with time running out, Broncos thank goodness are at home and Gase has his team ready for an easy victory, the Pats come into Miami and get revenge, close loss, here we have 2 tough games in a row on the road in hostile envirnments, first we lose to the Bills in a snow storm, no picks for Taylor, 2 for Ryan, the Chiefs at Arrowhead, massive crowd, Andy Reid beats us late with a special teams turnover, last game is the Bills at home, big home crowd sees the Dolphins just crush Buffalo 37-13. It's 10-6 and a Wild Card berth, coming off a very solid season. We will win at least one Play Off game. From Oct. 26 to Dec 31 we play a murderers row schedule. 5 of our last 9 games are away, 4 are prime time evening games, and almost all 9 teams had winning records last year except Buffalo who are never easy to beat. I know it's just one metric out of many but we can finally feel on most of our games that we have that edge of the better Coach/QB duo. It's been a long time since Shula/ Griese.

vs Tampa Bay - W
at LA Chargers - W
at NY Jets - W
vs New Orleans - L
vs Tennessee - W
at Atlanta - L
vs NY Jets - W
at Baltimore - L
vs Oakland - W
at Carolina - W
at New England - L
vs Denver - W
vs New England - L
at Buffalo - W
at Kansas City - L
vs Buffalo - W

I'm predicting 10-6 as well. Make the playoffs as a wild card and win the wild card game before losing in the second round. I think we'll be a better team than last year and will be healthier (how could we not be), but it's a brutal schedule, so I'm not seeing an increase in wins.

Last edited:
The 2 biggest metrics in the NFL are the Coach and the QB. In my opinion when you go into a game with the superior Coach and QB you've got a very good chance of winning. It's been a long time since the Dolphins have gone into a game owning that edge, at least until last season. Every game we played under Philbin we went into with the inferior Coach. Now we finally have a Head Coach who is the freaking man, the opposite of Philbin, thank God!. Let's look ahead to this season. I see Gase/ Tannehill as a force to be reckoned with, we're going to come out and surprise some people. Tampa Bay at home, I respect Dirk Koetter and Winston but we win at home. Away at San Diego might be tough, Mike McCoy and Rivers will give us a battle but Rivers will throw a pick late, just like last game when Kiko pick 6ed him. Jets is a W, Payton and Brees send us to 3-1. The Titans with Mariota might be tough but Gase outcoaches Mularky, Dan Quinn and Ryan beat us but we fought hard and came close. Jets W, The Ravens on the road Th. night, Harbaugh and Flacco get beat by a big night from Ajayi and the o-line, The Raider game is a match up of 2 teams on the way up. Gase beats del Rio and Tannehill puts up 4 tds, next is the Panthers on Monday night, Rivera and Cam are too tough on this night, the Patriots at home, I'm calling for a 4th quarter comeback by Ryan and we win on a FG with time running out, Broncos thank goodness are at home and Gase has his team ready for an easy victory, the Pats come into Miami and get revenge, close loss, here we have 2 tough games in a row on the road in hostile envirnments, first we lose to the Bills in a snow storm, no picks for Taylor, 2 for Ryan, the Chiefs at Arrowhead, massive crowd, Andy Reid beats us late with a special teams turnover, last game is the Bills at home, big home crowd sees the Dolphins just crush Buffalo 37-13. It's 10-6 and a Wild Card berth, coming off a very solid season. We will win at least one Play Off game. From Oct. 26 to Dec 31 we play a murderers row schedule. 5 of our last 9 games are away, 4 are prime time evening games, and almost all 9 teams had winning records last year except Buffalo who are never easy to beat. I know it's just one metric out of many but we can finally feel on most of our games that we have that edge of the better Coach/QB duo. It's been a long time since Shula/ Griese.

McCoy isn't the Charger HC anymore. It's old Bills OC Anthony Lynn now.

Thanks, Skape! The important thing is that Rivers is still there to throw us the key pick!

10-6 is the minimum...we will field a much improved offense and increase our ppg...obviously guessing but...I believe we will score 29 ppg as an average...gonna be tough to match up with our receiving core AND a pounding run game....time of possesion will be on our side this season....like the Falcons last year our offense will be our strength....if we get a couple of those "lucky" bounces AND improve our run defense to a 15th or better in the league....11+ wins can be had...not realistic to win more than 11 imo but we WILL be a playoff contender again this season.....our defensive line is going to surprise a lot of you out there....opinion of course

Games ... well it's too early to make a meaningful prediction, but as long as we're speculating on a 'Way too early league' of predictions, I'll give it a blind shot.

vs Tampa Bay - W
It's our home opener. We have plenty of time to prepare. We are the better team. We are at home. If we can't win this one, we're in trouble.

at LA Chargers - W
This is one of those games that typically is won by the home team. Cross-continental flight games are tough. But we don't have that many teams who we are clearly better than, and this should be one of them. They improved their OL in the draft. Kudos to them for two very good selections. But if you're telling me that you have two rookie guards going against Ndamakong Suh ... I'm betting on Suh. We have a lot of ballhawks in our secondary, and it should be healthy. Rivers turns the ball over ... there are some good matchups for us in this game. Joey Bosa is legit ... but he'll be going against Tunsil one the back side or James + Bushrod on our right. Again, that's a good matchup for us. It will be interesting to see how Tannehill and Julius Thomas fare against the San Diego Sup.... errr the Los Angeles Chargers. This game could go either way ... but for us to succeed it needs to be a win.

at NY Jets - W
Typically we play the Jets close in both games. But this team is in disarray, and we need to seize this opportunity to win. Yes, it is another cross-continental game ... because like electro-shock therapy (post-Chargers) it doesn't really get less painful the 2nd time around. Regardless, the Jets will not be good this year, and we need to continue Gase's tradition of beating the beatable teams.

vs New Orleans - W
It's in London, because let's face it, why stop at two straight cross-continental games when we can go for the trifecta of an even bigger flight ... the trans-Atlantic! It's like winning the triple crown of frequent flyer miles! ... or not. So yeah, our 'home field advantage' is the heat and humidity in the first month of the season, so we'll have played 2 of our 4 early season games at 'home' with one being against the team with the closest proximity and same weather and the other being a farce 'home game' played in London, where the weather is more likely to hurt us. If there is a silver lining, it is that the Saints, who I expect to be much improved this year, will not be playing at home in the dome. Their home field advantage is even bigger than ours, so in a way, this neutral game isn't the worst thing that could happen ... as long as we win. Who am I kidding, the schedule makers hate us.

vs Tennessee - L
Woo-hoo, we get a 4th straight week of super-long flights as we make another trans-Atlantic flight home from our 'home' game in London! This will be a tooooooough game. Not only did the Titans dominate us last year physically, but they really never looked like they were threatened. If we win this game, it will be because our players pride is bigger than theirs. It will be because our offense scored early and forced the Titans to throw the ball. It will be because we want it more than they do. But, I'm predicting a loss. We can't win every close game, and I'm seeing a lot of close games on this schedule.

at Atlanta - L
Finally, game 5 and we're NOT getting skrewed over by the schedule maker. This is just an old fashioned away game ... against the should-be Super Bowl Champions who threw the game away and now have something to prove. Hey, we can't win them all.

vs NY Jets - W
Hopefully by now the Jets will be demoralized and simply roll over and play dead. We should and I expect will win this game.

at Baltimore - W
So beating Baltimore makes little sense, because they always just barely beat us. And playing them in Baltimore it seems like more of the same. They embarrassed our LB's last year. We have new LB's and a new (hopefully better) approach to defending the short stuff in front of our LB's this year. We also have Isaac Asiata opening holes for Jay Ajayi. We may also have a seam threat in Julius Thomas. I am going against the grain and taking us to beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Call it a feeling. ;-)

vs Oakland - W
Yay cross-continental flights! Who knows, maybe the schedule throws us a bone? We look better able to stop the run this year with new rotational DT's and new starting LB's all of whom seem to be better at run stopping. Oh yeah, we also have Reshad Jones returning from health and the appearance of smashmouth safety TJ McDonald. I'm expecting us to be able to contain Marshawn Lynch and force the Raiders to be one dimensional. I think we can score on the Raider's defense.

at Carolina - L
I'd love to go into the bye week on a winning note. But Carolina is a good team that got off track last year. With Fournette commanding a safety in the box (which we now have!), we stand a real chance of winning the coverage vs. their receivers. But that is a physical team with a very good defense. Beating them on their home field will be tough.

BYE
This is the ONLY good thing the schedule makers did for us. I really appreciate the healing week late in the season. Now, our challenge will be to make it count.

at New England - L
It pains me too much to even analyze why we get no home game against them in Miami when it's hot yet they always get a home game against us in New England when it's cold. Brrrr. Grrrr. Blech.

Denver - W
This will be a crunch-time game. A very good Broncos team vying for a playoff spot with a primary wildcard rival, the Dolphins. It's in Miami, and we need to win this. Time to show up and show out.

New England - L
Yes, I'm saying we have a chance. But I'm not predicting a win.

at Buffalo - W
Yay, playing in Buffalo in the winter! Thanks schedule makers! If we're going to get into the playoffs again, we need to win some games we aren't going to be expected to win. This could easily be one of them.

at Kansas City - L
Awesome, we play in KC in the snow of December! That sounds like Dolphins weather! This would be an unlikely game to win, but it's not impossible.

vs Buffalo - W
Yep, beating the Bills twice in 3 weeks ... that's what we will need to do. The odds are against us ... but hell, we swept them last year and I think we're more improved than they are from last season, so let's show that we deserve to be in the playoffs.

If we can do this ... we can have our second double-digit win season in a row. I don't really have confidence in our schedule, although I do like the late bye. But, I have faith in Gase and I'm expecting improvement, so I'm predicting:

10-6 and a wildcard spot.

I see 10-6 also...but a more respectful playoff showing than last year...close loss or close win in wildcard round.

I see 10-6 also...but a more respectful playoff showing than last year...close loss or close win in wildcard round.

I agree BF . The thing is I don't see Gase allowing a back slide regardless of the schedule. I'm guessing the Fins will be a playoff fixture now that they got a taste and have competent leadership to keep them focused. Getting past the Pats is still a bitch but that day will come.

I became a Dolphins fan because I'm an Adam Gase fan. I've been following the Dolphins on this forum over the last year and have finally joined. My basis for selecting Wins or Loses is very subjective (just my opinion w/o supporting data) and not as well defined as many here are, but are based on what I saw with Coach Gase's offense do in Chicago in 2015 and here in 2016. I noticed the pattern of competitiveness that changed in a similar way for both teams and I believe that trend will continue with better performance in the earlier games now that most of the teams players have had a chance to adapt to the Coach's system. I predict an 11-5 year for the Dolphins. Last year I predicted a 10-6 year, but had 6 games wrong (they canceled each other in wins vs loses - wish now I had kept the sticky notes for proof)

The first four games are an initial period of adjustment as new players get accustomed to Coach Gases game plan and player requirements, especially with potential new players filling the holes in last years team. The teams we will play are adjusting to new coaches & venues and new key players. The Jets have a lot of problems that will probably take some time to change. Keep in mind what happened in Seattle last year. We are a much better team now, then we were the first four or five games of last year.
Home - Buccaneers W
Away - Chargers W
Away - Jets W
London - Saints W

The second four games are going to have the Dolphins showing a significant improvement over the first four games, but not as great a change as last year. These other teams will have stabilized, but won't be much better than they were last year. The dolphins will be significantly better than last year. The Falcons and the Ravens will just be a little bit tougher.
Home - Titans W
Away - Falcons L
Home - Jets W
Away - Ravens L

The third set of games are where the rubber hits the road. I think the Panthers and Broncos can be dangerous, depending on how they have progressed through the season. The Patriots and the Raiders are good, confident teams and have been for a while. They will have enough tape on us to be ready for any surprises. This year they will be playing a good, confident and still improving Dolphins Team. Expect to see the beginning emergence of some of our younger players this half of the season and the introduction of a veteran coming in after an 8 game suspension. If he has learned Gases system, it will be fun to watch.
Home - Raiders L
Away - Panthers W
Bye Week
Away - Patriots L
Home - Broncos W

This last set of games will see a still improving Dolphins team. Major injuries at this point in time will hurt us more than similar injuries will hurt the Chiefs or Patriots. At this point I believe we will be the Patriots equal and they will have a problem with that. The Chiefs worry me. I think this may be their year.
Home - Patriots W
Away - Bills W
Away - Chiefs L
Home - Bills W

Back
Top Bottom