Post FA/Draft Miami Dolphins Season Prediction | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post FA/Draft Miami Dolphins Season Prediction

our offense must score more point this yr.....
chiefs,i do not know if dolphins will win these game...???
Broncos, another hard game??? I which team will show up 2016 or 2015
oakland, ???? just like dolphins. they must win again this yr to take for real...
car ??? which team will show up 2015 or 2016
titans; that running team. they are going test our defense. up and coming
bills.,
saints.
BUCCANEERS. this team up and coming.
7 game will make are season....

I became a Dolphins fan because I'm an Adam Gase fan. I've been following the Dolphins on this forum over the last year and have finally joined. My basis for selecting Wins or Loses is very subjective (just my opinion w/o supporting data) and not as well defined as many here are, but are based on what I saw with Coach Gase's offense do in Chicago in 2015 and here in 2016. I noticed the pattern of competitiveness that changed in a similar way for both teams and I believe that trend will continue with better performance in the earlier games now that most of the teams players have had a chance to adapt to the Coach's system. I predict an 11-5 year for the Dolphins. Last year I predicted a 10-6 year, but had 6 games wrong (they canceled each other in wins vs loses - wish now I had kept the sticky notes for proof)

The first four games are an initial period of adjustment as new players get accustomed to Coach Gases game plan and player requirements, especially with potential new players filling the holes in last years team. The teams we will play are adjusting to new coaches & venues and new key players. The Jets have a lot of problems that will probably take some time to change. Keep in mind what happened in Seattle last year. We are a much better team now, then we were the first four or five games of last year.
Home - Buccaneers W
Away - Chargers W
Away - Jets W
London - Saints W

The second four games are going to have the Dolphins showing a significant improvement over the first four games, but not as great a change as last year. These other teams will have stabilized, but won't be much better than they were last year. The dolphins will be significantly better than last year. The Falcons and the Ravens will just be a little bit tougher.
Home - Titans W
Away - Falcons L
Home - Jets W
Away - Ravens L

The third set of games are where the rubber hits the road. I think the Panthers and Broncos can be dangerous, depending on how they have progressed through the season. The Patriots and the Raiders are good, confident teams and have been for a while. They will have enough tape on us to be ready for any surprises. This year they will be playing a good, confident and still improving Dolphins Team. Expect to see the beginning emergence of some of our younger players this half of the season and the introduction of a veteran coming in after an 8 game suspension. If he has learned Gases system, it will be fun to watch.
Home - Raiders L
Away - Panthers W
Bye Week
Away - Patriots L
Home - Broncos W

This last set of games will see a still improving Dolphins team. Major injuries at this point in time will hurt us more than similar injuries will hurt the Chiefs or Patriots. At this point I believe we will be the Patriots equal and they will have a problem with that. The Chiefs worry me. I think this may be their year.
Home - Patriots W
Away - Bills W
Away - Chiefs L
Home - Bills W
I like how your scenario has us 5-1 in our division. In most cases 5-1 in your own division will win that division; but I wonder if we would in our case,I still like it though.

Bucs - L
Chargers - W
Jets - W
Saints - W
Titans - L
Falcons - L
Jets - W
Ravens - L
Raiders - L
Panthers - W
Patriots - L
Broncos - W
Patriots - L
Bills - W
Chiefs - W
Bills - W

9-6.

I'm going on the optimistic side at 11-5. I think the team will fall in the 9-11 win-range.

A couple of factors that work in Miami's favor, despite a tough schedule, is that the offense could really take off in year two of Adam Gase. In particular, I expect Ryan Tannehill to begin the season the way he finished. After a slow start, Tannehill was a big reason the Dolphins made it to the playoffs. He could realistically be in the top 10 for quarterback ratings this year based on how he played after the first five games.

Plus, the team has its identity on offense which begins with the tough running of Jay Ajayi. What a find he was and, if he can stay healthy, 1500 yards is not out of the question. Miami kept Kenny Stills and has a lot of talent at the skill positions. DaVante Parker will likely have to step up for that 11-win mark to be obtainable.

The defense is a major question mark with so many new additions and a new defensive coordinator. On paper, I think the defense could fall in the middle of the pack. Miami bent a lot last year and gave up a ton of yards, but they were decent in the points scored category.

The offseason was about getting more physical and I expect the run defense to be quite a bit better. Depth is better as well all across the board.

Also, Miami found ways to win last year. I firmly believe that teams need to learn how to win and the Dolphins are a team that is showing that.

The losses probably come to New England, Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee and Buffalo. I think Miami finds a way to beat the Patriots once.

Back
Top Bottom