Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Thoughts - @Carolina

J. David Wannyheimer

Writing in pencil on laminated cards since 2011
Club Member
Reaction score

- Game not as close as the score. And the score was not close. Carolina's wide open receivers dropped a lot of footballs.

- Bright spot: Kenyan Drake.

- Defense has no fight in it. They quit in the second half. Sad!

- Does nobody on Miami's sideline or on the defense have the presence of mind to call a timeout when it's obvious that our defense is confused by the last second formation change and motion from the Panthers offense? Not surprisingly, it's a touchdown.

- Mike Shula, Dave Shula, whichever Shula kid it is, made an absolute FOOL out of Matt Burke tonight. Just absolutely bebopped and skeedaddled all over him.

- Miami leads the league in getting blown out in primetime games.

- Dan Marino crying in the skybox. Yeah, I don't blame you, Dan.

- I was hopeful that when the Dolphins offense finally started scoring some points, the team would improve. However, I wasn't counting on the Dolphins defense completely and utterly imploding with one of the worst performances I have ever seen in my life.

Stick a fork in 'em. They're done.

The offense against that defense played well, if it wasn’t for Cutlers terrible interception the game may have been different.

The defense got figured out, like last year you gotta attack the LBs in space and Kiko got absolutely abused tonight. Terrible contract.

Kenyan Drake needs the ball a helluva lot more starting against TB.

Yep. I fell asleep at halftime and woke up with 6 min left in 3rd as well. From 7-10 to 7-31 ....what the **** happened???

By the way - was Dan really crying in his press box? What was that comment about?

confessions-of-a-miami-dolphins-fan-1-we-know-we-18111580.png

Yep. I fell asleep at halftime and woke up with 6 min left in 3rd as well. From 7-10 to 7-31 ....what the **** happened???

By the way - was Dan really crying in his press box? What was that comment about?

They showed Marino up in his skybox and he appeared to be crying. That was after Carolina scored to go up by like 21 or 24 points or 30 points or whatever it was at that point.

The strength of the D was supposed to be the line, it's definitely not. They don't get any consistent pass rush and they get gashed on running plays a lot, especially the last 3 weeks. The LBs are led by 2 has beens and a guy who can't play the run or the pass well in Kiko. The secondary has 2 good safeties and 2 corners who make 0 impact plays. Is there any wonder why they suck? They will sink towards the bottom of the league in all meaningful statistics as the year wears on.

The offense is lost, inconsistent line play, below average QB play wit poor ball security, and a game plan that never has any rhythm. It sucks to lose your starting QB right before the season which definitely set this whole unit back a month IMO, but those are the breaks. This is just a mediocre team on their best day, and a bad team in most weeks, especially prime time! Amazing how we never seem to build on our success of last year and just continue to take 2 steps back for every one forward.

I wish I were that fortunate. I dozed off around the time **** hit the fan. Just lost interest.

The offense against that defense played well, if it wasn’t for Cutlers terrible interception the game may have been different.

The defense got figured out, like last year you gotta attack the LBs in space and Kiko got absolutely abused tonight. Terrible contract.

Kenyan Drake needs the ball a helluva lot more starting against TB.

I agree with you. Cutler INT was rough but let's be honest. They did put up 21 points on the number 1 defense that is giving up 17 points a game. They also put up 313 yards of total offense on a defense giving up 274 yards per game. When you consider how god awful the defense was and allowed the Panthers to own the time of possession 24 minutes to 35 minutes. It really wasn't too bad of a performance by the offense.

Then again reading through the game thread all I see is Cutler sucks...get rid of Stinkler....who threw for 2 TD and 1 INT against the best defense in football. While playing behind an O-line that cant block to save its life. Add in that the running game had 2 good runs. 1 for 66 yards and an 11 yard run. Then they promptly gained 23 yards on the other 14 rush attempts. Which is pitifully bad but I blame the O-line. That's squarely where the blame for this offenses struggles belong. Not only do they suck at blocking but they seem to be attempting to set a record with penalties. Most of which seem to negate 1st downs and big plays.

My opinion -
This was expected.
Cutler throws a really bad pic and the D gave up.
We can't defend any misdirection or tackle a single cutback. On the other side of the ball we don't seem to call any misdirection. It just miffs me why not.
The 4th down play call was horrendous.
We have a serious hole on our team and thats a lack of heart.
Need to make some leadership changes starting with pouncey.
Can't wait to see Tannehill back. We won't win until he is back and only if he has the leadership that he began to show last season.

I agree with you. Cutler INT was rough but let's be honest. They did put up 21 points on the number 1 defense that is giving up 17 points a game. They also put up 313 yards of total offense on a defense giving up 274 yards per game. When you consider how god awful the defense was and allowed the Panthers to own the time of possession 24 minutes to 35 minutes. It really wasn't too bad of a performance by the offense.

Then again reading through the game thread all I see is Cutler sucks...get rid of Stinkler....who threw for 2 TD and 1 INT against the best defense in football. While playing behind an O-line that cant block to save its life. Add in that the running game had 2 good runs. 1 for 66 yards and an 11 yard run. Then they promptly gained 23 yards on the other 14 rush attempts. Which is pitifully bad but I blame the O-line. That's squarely where the blame for this offenses struggles belong. Not only do they suck at blocking but they seem to be attempting to set a record with penalties. Most of which seem to negate 1st downs and big plays.

The OL played acceptably tonight considering the injury situation and that it was against Carolina. They have been OK. Not great, but not a dumpster fire.

Cutler was not so hot. I don't care what his stat line was, Cutler threw a dreadful interception that sucked the life out of the football team and missed wide open receivers multiple times. I mean, country mile open Kenny Stills for a first down and Cutler, in a decent pocket, gets happy feet and air mails the damn thing. That's why people were screaming that Cutler sucks. Yes, he had some good plays, but he left a lot on the field and the interception was a back-breaker.

Earlier in the season, I strongly defended Cutler and pointed out that there were dropped footballs and missed blitz pickups, among other things, that were hurting the offense much more than he was. Tonight, I don't know that anything except for Damien Williams getting handoffs hurt the offense as much as Jay throwing air mail.

Back
Top Bottom