Post Sleepers here for NFL Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Sleepers here for NFL Draft

FS Kendall Edwards (Fresno State) (Played CB in College...not his best position)
Will be a great special Teamer and eventually will start in this league. Played HS ball
(a few years younger) with Sammy Knight. Most people that coached both think Kendell has more potential and raw skill.

phunwin said:
Teddy Lehman, LB, Oklahoma. Every year, smaller LBs like Lehman fall in the draft because they lack prototype size. Fact is, Lehman makes plays. He gets to the ball carrier and works his a$$ off. I'll take a guy like that any day.
LSU's Chad Lavalais fits into the same category, albeit as a DT. A little small, but I'm certain he's going to have one of those Chris Zordich-type careers: 10 years, very solid, does everything well.

I agree, Teddy Lehman is all you look for in a linebacker besides size so he's my sleeper.

MARLINSFAN305 said:
Clarence Moore, WR - N Arizona
Cols Colas, V Tech - guy is small but fast and a playmaker played DE in college but too small - move to LB and i think he might prosper

Moore is awesome and was even better after Murietta got there. Speaking of sleepers, keep your eyes on him, awesome QB (will only be a sophomore, led NAU to the playoffs his first year starting).

Kevin Mitchell LB, Oregon - guy is fast, a playmaker - will be a later pick b/c of his size but the guy has alot of heart (reminds me of Zach Thomas)

James Newson from oregon state... might not be the fastest guy ever but a good possesion receiver and good size which can be good for our #3...

I like Michael Turner RB out of Northern Illinois he has FB size at 5'10 237 lbs while running a 4.42 40. This is a quote from USA TODAY-
Agility tests: 4.42 in the 40-yard dash...400-pound bench press...385-pound squat...295-pound power clean...Bench presses 225 pounds 20 times...31.5-inch vertical jump... He was also second in rushing in the NCAA the past two seasons averaging 5.3 yards per carry for his career while losing only two fumbles in his last 508 carries.

Michael Jolivette: CB Arizona 6th Round
Bruce Thornton: CB Georgia 6th round
Sloan Thomas WR Texas 5th Round
Jason Geathers WR Miami 6th Round
Marcus Winn SS Alabama State 7th Round
Virgil Williams SS Washington State 6th Round
Shawn Johnson DE Delaware 7th Round
Derick Pope LB Alabama 6th Round
Darrell McClover LB Miami 7th Round
Sean Tufts LB Colorado 5th Round
Ahmad Childress Alabama 4th Round
Robert Kent QB 7th Round

I also like: (sorry so much)
Arnold Parker SS Utah 4th Round
Tim Anderson DT OSU 3rd Round
Deandre Eiland FS 6th Round
Triandos Luke WR Alabama 5th Round
PK Sam WR FSU 4TH Round
Alex Lewis LB Wis 6th Round

I'd love Clarence Moore in round 4. 6 foot 5, runs a 4.52 40, averaged over 18 yards per catch. At 210 pounds, he can probably afford to put on a little weight, and will probably need a year or two to mature before he will contribute. I-A is not the same as NFL competition......but remember that with Chambers and Boston we already have wrs who will start ahead of him for at least next year. He'll have at least this year to develop and I really like this choice.

Josh Harris QB Bowling Green. Doesn't have a rocket arm, but suprised many NFL scouts at the combine with his arm strenth. At 6'3'' 220+ lbs has good NFL QB size, and is the most athletic QB prospect in the draft. I watched a lot of his games the past 2 seasons. I was very impressed with how much he matured after his JR year. He had happy feet and would leave the pocket to soon. This past season he was very paitent, and would only leave the pocket when nessacary. In 2 years I honestly think Josh will be a very quality starting QB.

Joe Speintal linebacker from Monmouth University. Resembles Zach Thomas. Plays with smarts and heart. 2 time NEC Defensive player of the year. I know the Dolphins were looking at him with a late pick or free agent pick up.

Sammy Moore - WR Washington State. Definitely a late round pick, if he gets picked at all

Not high profile at all, but he averaged 22 yards per kick return and 23 yards per catch this season. Also he caught 2 TD passes in Wash St's Holiday Bowl win over Texas. He is a great return man. I watched him play Juco in my town and he was superhuman as both a deep threat WR and a return man. He was the best player on the Bakersfield College team which went to the CA state championship in 2001. In the NFL, he could be a solid #3 or #4 WR if he worked hard.

The main knock against him in college was, all he did was make huge plays. He has one less TD than Wash St's leading reciever with less than half as many catches. He only had two catches against Texas in the Holiday Bowl, but both were long touchdown grabs. Personally I would be very excited if he got onto an NFL squad.

I agree with everardteach on Robert Kent this guy has a good arm, quick release, and runs the 40 in the 4.6 range. He is very mobile at 6'4 220lbs and I think would be a good fit for us. The two biggest knocks on this guy is his accuracy at times is erratic and he played for Jackson State so he hasnt played the toughest group of NFL ready players. I think his mechanical problems are due to lack of coaching, and will be fixed at the next level.

Back
Top Bottom