Potential FAs For MIA To Select From | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential FAs For MIA To Select From

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

I'd take Hogan in a second.

Hogan makes a lot of sense. Nothing special but a productive player. We just need some bodies we can count on in a crunch, we dont need to try and hit a homerun.

Hogan makes a lot of sense. Nothing special but a productive player. We just need some bodies we can count on in a crunch, we dont need to try and hit a homerun.

I like Hogan. Like you said: nothing flashy or special but is productive. I like Tavon Austin as well. He has the speed and elusiveness to bring a little spark from the slot.

Wilson and Hurns opting out was a blessing in disguise. They are two players who are not part of the long term plans for the team. We have Grant, Ford, Perry, Jennings, Hollins and Merritt on the roster already. I say ride with the players we have and find out what we need to do next offseason; if no one steps up we have plenty of ammo to add a top WR in the draft.

I say we ride with our own. This year is insane, and they already did all the FA dealings they needed to do. We have seen in the past and in various iterations that trying to pluck "talent" to fill a gap is a delusion. We don't need fat cats, we need hungry youth.

I don't know why anyone is lumping Hurns and Wilson together.

I hope Hurns isn't in our long term plans, but Wilson just turned 28 and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't finish his career here.

There is a world of difference between those two players and the only thing they have in common are the position they play, who the play for, and the fact that they both opted out in 2020.

This is my thought as well. Unless none of these players are stepping up, why not give them a chance. Opportunity is sometimes all a young player needs.
So is often competition. Would we have had the '19 DP performance without PW pushing him?

I wouldn't bring anybody in at this point. We have a ton of new guys and need to see what they can do.

I'll agree with that with a couple of qualifications. If Flo decides early one of the receivers isn't cutting it, he may bring in someone cut from another team. If a dependable vet is cut, Miami may kick the tires. I DON'T think they will make an effort to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom