potential problem | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

potential problem

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I wonder who will cover faulk out of the backfield. He has burned us on deep routs against LBs. What should bates do? Zone? Perhaps nickel coverage with greenwood sitting? Blitz packages so faulk cant get deep quikly enough? Bates will see this play for sure and I wonder how he can counter.

Also can you bump a RB coming out of the backfield insde of 5 yrds or is that only for receivers?:confused:

You can do whatever you want to RB's before 5 yards past the lline of scrimmage.. The Pats showed that was allowed in their Super Bowl win against the Rams where MArshall Faulk was hit on evry single play even if he was out on a pass pattern..

Yeah, please do that....please tie up one of your LB's or safeties on Faulk...we would love nothing better....and watch out for our two newest weapons, Ward and Stokes......

One thing about Belichick, even at 9-2 or 10-02, he doesn't sit around picking his nose...always upgrading the team.......

Originally posted by NEM
....and watch out for our two newest weapons, Ward and Stokes......

One thing about Belichick, even at 9-2 or 10-02, he doesn't sit around picking his nose...always upgrading the team.......
=========================

If BB, and the rest of the Pats fan base consider those two pitiful WR's as upgrades, you're in deep trouble on Sunday....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

Originally posted by NEM
Yeah, please do that....please tie up one of your LB's or safeties on Faulk...we would love nothing better....and watch out for our two newest weapons, Ward and Stokes......

WARD:barf: :monkeyl:

I would not be scared of the pats run at all! in fact most of the time I'd throw a nickel pkg out there and have t-buck cover faulk. you guys may think I am nuts but I dont think Jr or Morlon can keep up with him.

in the base D - which is where the problem lies - we will need to go zone rather than letting Jr have to cover Faulk. Depending on the situation, i.e. 2nd and long or we have a 7+ pt lead, I can see bring in ol T Buck or Freeman as well

ward is a bum

stokes looked good when they were quadruple covering T.O.

i'm not too worried about faulk, he's not gonna have a huge game, we need to contain brady

looks like snow, and with that ricky and randy will have big games, and the snow will affect the passing game more than the run.

I'm not sure Faulk will be too much of a problem considering we've all seen how scat backs like him work against the 'Fins. Bates and Wanny will likely have a scheme in place to minimize the damage he can do. I think the biggest problem will be the predictability of our blitz packages. While our defense doesn't blitz much, they generally do so when you'd expect them to and that simply won't work agains the Patsies. Hopefully we'll see some creative packages that will keep Marsha and the girls on their toes.

Its one of the intresting match ups on Sunday Faulk vs either a LB or DB, on the other side the intresting match up will be Randy McMicheal, will it be Rodney or Egune or Teddy? I would go with Teddy myself he has defended more passes this season then the majority of DB's in the leauge. Should be some classic X&O's going on on Sunday, love the games within the game, intresting stuff to try and break down.

Originally posted by NEM

Dude, you really can't be serious about calling either Ward or Stokes weapons. Ward is a smurf who's decent at what he does but who does nothing spectacular- i.e. he's a very poor man's version of Wayne Crab-ette. Stokes! That one has to be a joke! I live here in SoCal and have watched stokes since he was at UCLA. Granted, I thought he'd be great coming out of college but I was obviously wrong. He has neither the speed, nor the hands, nor the will to ever be a real weapon in anyone's offense. In fact, the only reason he's even on the Patsies team at all is because the Jaguars- yes, that's right, one of the worst teams in teh league- felt he couldn't help them at all anymore and his former team, the Fairy Noners, who really need a #2 guy, believed him to be completely expendable.

Please, please, please, don't ever say that Ward and Stokes are "weapons" again, it makes too many of us laugh our asses off and we don't need that kind of attention when we're sitting in front of computer...come to your senses man!

Originally posted by Expo88
Hopefully we'll see some creative packages that will keep Marsha and the girls on their toes.
:roflmao:

clear.gif

Somehow the word "weapon" doesn't seem to go with the names "JJ Stokes" and "Dedric Ward."

Back
Top Bottom