Pouncey backs Philbin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey backs Philbin

Pouncey probably wants Philbin to stay because he can get away with anything he wants to with Joe as head coach.
There is this perception that Joe is soft with all the players and lets them do whatever they want. I think that this is wrong. I actually think he's a pretty disciplined guy and we've got one of the better disciplined teams. I also see Mike Pouncey stepping up big time as a team leader this season (and it's great to see).

There is this perception that Joe is soft with all the players and lets them do whatever they want. I think that this is wrong. I actually think he's a pretty disciplined guy and we've got one of the better disciplined teams. I also see Mike Pouncey stepping up big time as a team leader this season (and it's great to see).
Agree with this, in games typically we would have less holding, hitting defenseless receivers, illegal formation, delay of game, taunting discipline type of penalties. Yes we have a few PIs here and there, but discipline on the field under Joe has been very good. As to his leadership style in the main I like it, there are instances when you would like to see more fire but he is giving those under him, players and coaches, an opportunity to be the best they can be with some guidance.

I
:lol:

My favorite part of this ignorant rant is saying you can have a briliant GM and a dufus coach. Think about it. :chuckle:

You mean like when the owner or a team executive hires them separately, and then can fire them separately? The intent of the piece was lopsided and not compelling. Coaches can work hard, and have it not pay off because they are inadequate. Tony Sparano could work 20 hour days and it wouldn't change the fact that he's an orangutan.

You mean like when the owner or a team executive hires them separately, and then can fire them separately? The intent of the piece was lopsided and not compelling. Coaches can work hard, and have it not pay off because they are inadequate. Tony Sparano could work 20 hour days and it wouldn't change the fact that he's an orangutan.

I took it for what it was, a quip POV. I've read plenty about Walsh to understand that it's not an infallible truth (nor does he believe so). I have a lot of respect for all levels of the front office.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reality of the early part of the season is that there is a game to game report card going on. We've been told about how excited and complete the team feels during camp and the preseason.
But the reality of actual games will be the looked at by the fans and Philbin's supervision. The team, the offensive and defensive units, and the players themselves will be rated. And the HC should as well.
So far, we won, we came out of the gates slow, but we won on the road and we finished the game. Game 2 will produce another report card, let's all hope it is gets good grades. We need a confidence inspiring game before heading home and facing the Bills. The Bills and Pats will do everything they can to have us end up IN 3rd place again in the AFCE.

Back
Top Bottom