Pouncey backs Philbin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey backs Philbin

Yea because joe was very accepting of ocho cincos domestic dispute and vontae showing up late and hungover to practice and mike wallaces tantrum or whoever left a gum wrapper on the floor etc....

Lol owned

Bull****....Philbin needs to go...amiright

Didn't think I would have to point out that this was a sarcastic comment as I have defended Philbin....oh well...

BPJV213CAAEMt4P-1.jpg

I should care who Pouncey "backs"... why, exactly?

Miss the playoffs again and yes, you're right.

For many here, missing the playoffs again will just be an excuse to come up with more excuses. Sparano had his boosters. Wannie had his boosters. It doesn't matter which lackluster coach we have at the moment, some group of fans will decry any criticism for no other reason than he's the Dolphins' coach. But as I've said before, I'm sure it's the same with all team forums.

Miss the playoffs again and yes, you're right.

He just needs to make the damn playoffs. Road map for this team is much more appealing that way vs having to try again with a new coach - which we should, if philbin fouls it up this year.

wasn't he also shown wearing a "Free Hernandez" hat, too?? prob was on Rick Perry for Prez train as well... just sayin

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting except from Paul Zimmerman's book Thinking Man's Guide To Pro Football.

CPI0fdtWIAAiwIZ-1.jpg:large

if anything, it sounds like philbin has taught pouncey a lot about manning up. My guess is he gets away with nothing, because he's no longer doing any dumb **** that would require it.

Thanks for posting op good stuff.

Concur. Did we hear about any douchebaggery related to the Pouncey's bday party like we did in yrs past?

The great thing about football is it doesn't matter what people want to argue. Either the guy is finally going to win or he won't. He hasn't yet. He seems to have self awareness to correct the myriad problems he's had his first three years. From not having his team consistently ready to play; to clumsily being all over the map with his player work schedule; to having a team that can't close out games; to having a team with playoffs in reach down the stretch the past two seasons but faded badly; to his low energy, cue card speeches; to his catastrophic queasiness under pressure; to developing a team that lacks a physicality when it's needed; to having a team that falls behind regularly, Philbin has been a net negative.

Tannenbaum is an experienced executive, and if Miami doesn't win in a fourth Philbin year, Tannenbaum has the necessary background in both football management and leadership dynamics on deciding on a change. Last year, Ross was bringing Tannenbaum in so it wasn't time for Philbin to go.

Let's hope Philbin improves enough as a coach that this team wins enough to win a game or two in the playoffs. It doesn't matter what people want to argue. Philbin hasn't been good enough. Will he be better this season? Let's hope so.

Interesting except from Paul Zimmerman's book Thinking Man's Guide To Pro Football.

CPI0fdtWIAAiwIZ-1.jpg:large

That's just a self-serving puff piece on coaches. It doesn't take into account that the opposite can be true -- you can have a brilliant GM and a dufus coach. At the end of the day, a coach is just a worker bee profession. That's what they sign up for. Deflecting blame away from the coach doesn't accomplish anything. Executives run things, worker bees work. Coaches are worker bees. Now, go turn on your projector and work, coaches. If you want to be an executive, get on that track, but don't whine and bitch about it.

Second reason is because I really question his football knowledge.. I've grown up watching some of the GREAT coaches... Landry, Madden, Walsh, Shula and etc.. Philbin doesnt even come close... So for my Miami Dolphin football team, I only want the best of the best and Philbin is not it..

My feeling on this point is pretty much the opposite. I get the impression that Philbin has forgotten more football than the majority of coaches out there and is recognized and respected for having such knowledge throughout the NFL, and that is one of his greatest strengths.

That's just a self-serving puff piece on coaches. It doesn't take into account that the opposite can be true -- you can have a brilliant GM and a dufus coach. At the end of the day, a coach is just a worker bee profession. That's what they sign up for. Deflecting blame away from the coach doesn't accomplish anything. Executives run things, worker bees work. Coaches are worker bees. Now, go turn on your projector and work, coaches. If you want to be an executive, get on that track, but don't whine and bitch about it.

:lol:

My favorite part of this ignorant rant is saying you can have a briliant GM and a dufus coach. Think about it. :chuckle:

He just needs to make the damn playoffs. Road map for this team is much more appealing that way vs having to try again with a new coach - which we should, if philbin fouls it up this year.

He needs to win in the playoffs or make it competitive against a top team. No thanks to the next Marvin Lewis or Norv Turner.

Back
Top Bottom