Pouncey: Tannehill is better than Luck and RG3, more like Brady | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey: Tannehill is better than Luck and RG3, more like Brady

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Love hearing Pouncey stand up for his QB and I;m glad Luck understands that its basically a stupid reporter trying to get a quote and Pouncey is just backing up his teammate. Tannehill and Luck are going to be around for the next 10+ years. Could end up being a big rivalry like Brady and Manning.

I think he’s the best rookie quarterback in the NFL right now,” Pouncey said of Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, via FoxSportsFlorida.com.

“I think he’s better than RG3,” Pouncey said of Tannehill. “Their games are different. RG3 can throw, but he can also run. Tannehill’s a smart quarterback. I think he’s going to be one of those elite guys like Tom Brady when it comes said and done. Just his composure. His leadership in the huddle right now is just phenomenal. . . . I do see Tom, and the way he coordinates and runs his offense is the same as Tannehill does.”

Here is the article: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-is-better-than-luck-and-rg3-more-like-brady/

I expect Miami and Indy to have some epic battles n the coming years. To bad the Colts are no longer in the AFC East.

Look at all those people who think RG3 is better than tanne LOL Waite till those redskin fans watch Cam newton 2.0 Next year after teams take the run away from RG3

High praise. I remember hearing on WQAM an interview with Channing Crowder and Karlos Dansby on the George Sedano show where Crowder asked him what he thought about Tannehill and if he was a good QB. Dansby shocked the crap out of me by saying he though Tannehill could be a hall of fame QB when his career was over. Channing was also shocked by that comment and said that Dansby's a straight shooter and didn't know if Tannehill would be that good when his career was over but he believed Dansby in his assessment of Tannehill being the real deal.

Love that Pouncey is fast becoming our player spokesman. He's smart as hell, not afraid to speak his mind, doesn't sidestep conflict and backs up the rhetoric by being arguably the best center in the league right now. :up:

Could he wait for Monday to say that?

Love that Pouncey is fast becoming our player spokesman. He's smart as hell, not afraid to speak his mind, doesn't sidestep conflict and backs up the rhetoric by being arguably the best center in the league right now. :up:
I was dead set against the Pouncey pick but this young man exudes professionalism along with tremendous talent. He will give Stephenson a solid run as to who is the best center in Dolphins history.

Could he wait for Monday to say that?

I don't see this as boasting, but more that he has his guy's back. I'm sure Colts players will say the same for Luck, Redskins players the same for Griffin. All three guys have demonstrated leadership qualities and their teammates are responding accordingly.

I expect Miami and Indy to have some epic battles n the coming years. To bad the Colts are no longer in the AFC East.

Well funny thing is the NFL manufactures these matchups. Pretty sure Indianapolis had to play New England a tad bit too much just because the NFL wanted to ratings from the Peyton vs Brady match up. Brady's got a record of 8-3 vs the Colts I think? Something like that, pretty sure we didn't play the AFC South that many times the past 12 years, but the Patriots had to, to satisfy the NFL's thirst for ratings.

If Luck and Tannehill become superstar quarterbacks, we're going to go through that stuff, which IMO is unfair, there should be more balance, balance shouldn't be created by ratings.

Well funny thing is the NFL manufactures these matchups. Pretty sure Indianapolis had to play New England a tad bit too much just because the NFL wanted to ratings from the Peyton vs Brady match up. Brady's got a record of 8-3 vs the Colts I think? Something like that, pretty sure we didn't play the AFC South that many times the past 12 years, but the Patriots had to, to satisfy the NFL's thirst for ratings.

If Luck and Tannehill become superstar quarterbacks, we're going to go through that stuff, which IMO is unfair, there should be more balance, balance shouldn't be created by ratings.

Indy and NE play almost every year becuase they win their divisions. Division winner always plays the other 3 division winners the next year.
No conspiriuoscy.

Schedule is set in stone. The reason the played so much is that they were both first place teams in their divisions for the last 10 years. Has nothing to do with the NFL trying to boost ratings.

No the NFL didn't manufacture that...it's the way the scheduling works. New England constantly finished at the top of the AFC East, Indy constantly finished at the top of the AFC South. #1 finisher always plays the #1 finishers of the two divisions they're not scheduled to play that season. So if the AFC East was playing the AFC South everyone one would play everyone in the divisions but the 1st place finisher would play the 1st place finisher of the AFC West and AFC North. 2nd place finisher would play the 2nd place finisher of those two conferences and so on. Like we finished 3rd in the division last year so we play the 3rd place finisher of the AFC North (Cincy) and the 3rd place finisher of the AFC West (Oakland)...essentially everyone in the division plays the same schedule except for two teams...14 of the games are exactly the same.

The Patriots played Indianapolis so much over the years because they always were 1st in the division the previous year. The way the schedule works is that its normally they play 1 AFC division, 1 NFC division, then a team from the remaining AFC divisions who finished with the same division placement as they did last year. That's why we played the Bengals this year, while the Patriots played the Ravens.

I think Vertical is going to understand after a quick scope at page two of this thread. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom