Practice Facility Next To Stadium? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice Facility Next To Stadium?

I like the Miami Gardens location. Stadium right there and they could build an underground tunnel (pedestrian) from the new facility, directly to the locker room area or common area.
I see MG as a win win decision. Ross already owns the property.
Gotta be a plus to be next door to where you play your home games. A short walk to your home field.

According to the article, the facility would eliminate 10,000 parking spaces. Being that the stadiums capacity is smaller since the renovations, combined with an increase in people taking ubers, they don’t anticipate a problem with parking.
10,000 less seats

I would imagine that the 30 tennis courts they are building would also take up additional parking spaces.

We could've reduced seating to 50,000 and we still wouldn't have a full stadium most of the time. When the Hurricanes play, Hard Rock Stadium looks like they have 30,000 empty seats

We could've reduced seating to 50,000 and we still wouldn't have a full stadium most of the time. When the Hurricanes play, Hard Rock Stadium looks like they have 30,000 empty seats
That’s true for hurricanes but not Dolphins. It’s just so far from university of Miami that it doesn’t make sense unless it’s a huge game. Dolphins games are typically close to full capacity

You better check that again
empty seats galore.I could post pics to prove my point
but I'm just to damn tired
That’s fine I believe you. However, I go to multiple games every year and they are always close to full capacity. I even went to club liv for a game last year and it was jammed packed. Keep in mind our stadium is different then other stadiums as there are TVs everywhere. There are also thousands of people who tailgate in the parking lot and never even enter the stadium.

You better check that again
empty seats galore.I could post pics to prove my point
but I'm just to damn tired

I mean the team has only been to 2 playoff games in the last 16 seasons. If this team starts winning 10 games a season and making the playoffs they could pack a 70k stadium with relative ease on a game to game basis.

Truthfully, the empty seats are due to the Fins having a shitload of non Dolfan season ticket holders . . . .and if the team is bad, it’s difficult to offload tickets at a decent price so they don’t even bother or they do something else inside the stadium while not being in their seats.

Seriously, just way too many Patriots fans with season tickets down here. It’s annoying.

And I think it makes plenty of sense to move the practice facility where you can make it state of the art and you own the land . . . .although the surrounding area is still trash and a lot of the players live in Broward, close to Davie. Not a far drive though.

I have a feeling that is about to change. The Hurricanes are trending up and I expect to start seeing the old Hurricanes once again.
I hope!

IMO, you build it over where the Gate 9 lots are. You then either do a tunnel or a cat walk to the stadium from there, and eliminate the need to cross the traffic on the road.

Back
Top Bottom