Practice Facility Next To Stadium? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice Facility Next To Stadium?

Ross is a land development mogul so this isn't surprising to me at all. Increases the value of the team overall and adds value to that piece of property. He's going to spend 75m and end up making 275m.

Give it 20 years, games will be played in specialized stadiums for camera angles and lighting, more like a movie production than an actual sporting venue.

With the improvements in home entertainment, HD, 4K, 3D, etc and the ever rising prices of tickets and food only a matter of time before stadiums empty out. Why attend a game when you can wear VR goggles to view a camera that is attached to the QB's helmet?

Nothing beats a live stadium experience like the Orange Bowl glory days. But this will likely be the trend moving forward. Stadiums already showing this trend having to put in high end bars and restaurants, night clubs, party areas for the game.

I think even the 72' section at the current stadium already has instant replay TV's and other fancy additions to expand on the game day experience.

IMO, you build it over where the Gate 9 lots are. You then either do a tunnel or a cat walk to the stadium from there, and eliminate the need to cross the traffic on the road.

I feel like a tunnel is a bit of a challenge isn’t it? Being so close to sea level down there. My guess is a catwalk but I get thoughts about the FiU bridge collapse.

Give it 20 years, games will be played in specialized stadiums for camera angles and lighting, more like a movie production than an actual sporting venue.

With the improvements in home entertainment, HD, 4K, 3D, etc and the ever rising prices of tickets and food only a matter of time before stadiums empty out. Why attend a game when you can wear VR goggles to view a camera that is attached to the QB's helmet?

Nothing beats a live stadium experience like the Orange Bowl glory days. But this will likely be the trend moving forward. Stadiums already showing this trend having to put in high end bars and restaurants, night clubs, party areas for the game.

I think even the 72' section at the current stadium already has instant replay TV's and other fancy additions to expand on the game day experience.

Everything is being geared towards the casual fan while the hard core fan gets left in the dust.

It’s good for growth, but once the casual fan moves on, and you’ve lost the hard core fan due to these antics . . . .that is when the punch is being felt.

Hopefully football survives the next 20 to be a part of this style of viewing.

Everything is being geared towards the casual fan while the hard core fan gets left in the dust.

It’s good for growth, but once the casual fan moves on, and you’ve lost the hard core fan due to these antics . . . .that is when the punch is being felt.

Hopefully football survives the next 20 to be a part of this style of viewing.
The problem is that for the hardcore fan it is an all day event with friends and family. Taking away stadium close parking is pushing those fans further out. It almost won't make any sense to tailgate if you have to break down 1 1/2 hours ahead of the game just to make it inside the stadium.

They can build the dam facility where the yellow lots are. That's fine by me.

I feel like a tunnel is a bit of a challenge isn’t it? Being so close to sea level down there. My guess is a catwalk but I get thoughts about the FiU bridge collapse.

There were two tunnels at Haulover beach and they were inside of 200-300 yards off the Atlantic ocean. A pedestrian tunnel would be be easy. Practical as well.

I love this move. I think it does a lot of subtle things to increase our teams appeal, create a real "home" environment for the Miami Dolphins.

This sums it up for me right here.

“[The Dolphins are] coming home,” Talbert said. “We’re certainly glad to have them home. They belong home. ... They’re coming home and we’ve got the welcome mat out for them. We left the light on the entire time.”

You really have to love an owner with deep pockets and not shy about spending his own money instead of trying to fleece the public like our previous baseball owner, I mean art scammer!.
I loved everything about the stadium last year, parking, seating , etc the ease of getting in and out of the stadium. I did have a long talk with Tom Garfinkel last year and he said that they would be adding tunnels and cross over bridges in the pedestrian areas around the stadium for this season. However after talking to some Dolphin personnel last week they said that is not the case.

Im not happy about the tennis center being added and once again messing with the parking lots, I don't buy that everyone is trending towards using Uber and thus dont need all the parking spaces, it might work if you live close by the stadium but those of us that are from Palm Beach county and enjoy tailgating still want to drive. And now moving the training facility to the west lots are only going to make parking that much more of a hassle.

Lets get back to the real issue of football and concentrate on putting together the best team possible!

Go Fins!

Lots more info about the $$$ side of this move here

https://hrld.us/2NG265w

Dade, Broward and Miramar (wont pretend I know the difference) are all bickering over the jobs, tax money and players real estate the facility provides so looks like the fins will get a good tax deal either way

Though it will still be a $50-75m investment from Ross
IMG_1734.JPG

Apparantly it will be built partly on the carpark

Last edited:
Better have an indoor facility also. We know how it storms all the time during training camp. Also it's nice to give the players a break from the heat from time to time as well.

Better have an indoor facility also. We know how it storms all the time during training camp. Also it's nice to give the players a break from the heat from time to time as well.
From the article (‘he’ in this case being Tom Garfinkel):
‘He said the new facility would have at least two outdoor practice fields and one indoors as well as space for administrative offices currently housed in Davie.’

I used to go to training camp at Saint Thomas University.

I was very happy when they moved to Nova. It's about ten minutes from my house (in Plantation), and (sort of) on my way to work (downtown Fort Lauderdale).

I'll be sad to see the facility move down to Miami Gardens. They've never had training camp anywhere near their stadium, so that should be kind of cool for them.

I'll still go, but it'll be about forty minutes each way now.

TO me, I love it. I want to have the highest level of home advantage possible at the actual stadium. Practice more often in the actual stadium and do whatever else as close as possible. Much more of a college feel for the team. Love it.

Miami Gardens hands down. Besides I consider Miami Gardens and Miramar the same thing. Is't Miramar just north of the overpass on 27th ave? Ive been gone for over 30 years, but I do remember.
I drove to work, south on NW 27th ave from Davie every day of the week for work. The old stadium was built and I watched it being built. I moved before the opening! So I have never been in the building. Old or upgraded, sorry to say.
Seems like the best spot IMHO. But I don't live there anymore. You guys know way more about that area than I do. Phinz Up!

Back
Top Bottom