Practice Squad Moves & Injury Updates (merged 2x)

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
24
Age
56
practice squad

Hello,

Might want to look at practice squad moves Miami made. Signed one player and released three. Interesting. Anyone know what is going on here. Sense the signing of a couple of players on roster to practice squad, namely among these players:

Lowe CB
Harrison CB
Romero DT
Jerman OT
Green CB


Would like to see DT considered that was brought in today; lb has already been signed by Jacksonville.

Wouldn't mind Knight being looked at.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lee2000
 

Wyvern_Bob

Mostly Harmless
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Age
57
Location
LA
Can't see Romero or Jerman being released and signed to the PS as it would leave the DT & OL a bit thin. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of the CB go that route though.
I was sorry to see we released Symonette but as such would think that another LB would be probability
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
21,934
Reaction score
550
Age
17
Location
Maryland
Re: practice squad

Originally posted by Lee2000
Hello,

Might want to look at practice squad moves Miami made. Signed one player and released three. Interesting. Anyone know what is going on here. Sense the signing of a couple of players on roster to practice squad, namely among these players:

Lowe CB
Harrison CB
Romero DT
Jerman OT
Green CB


Would like to see DT considered that was brought in today; lb has already been signed by Jacksonville.

Wouldn't mind Knight being looked at.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Lee2000

I didn't see those names signed to the ps..but they did let go 3 players and signed a DT...here's the aritcle I read.

Dolphins Make Practice Squad Transactions
 

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
4,382
Reaction score
30
He was saying he thought some of those guys would be let go off the active roster and put on the P-squad.

I hope we sign Salave'a and put Romero on the P-squad.

I bet we put a CB on there soon as well.

Cook is a former DT who is big and athletic but will take at least two years before he's ready to contribute.
 

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,809
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Location
Atlanta, GA
Practice Squad Moves & Injury Updates

Practice Squad Moves
MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have released LB Joshua Symonette, G Dwayne Pierce, and TE Shawn Draper from their practice squad. Furthermore, they have signed OT Damion Cook from the Bears to their practice squad.

D. Bowens - Maybe?
The Sun Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins DE David Bowens (hand) said he's ready to return to action this week. However, coach Dave Wannstedt said, "I don't know if he'll be ready."

Edwards Dinged, But OK
The Sun Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins backup RB Robert Edwards (elbow) had X-rays on his left elbow. He said he plans to play Sunday.

Brooks To Get A Workout
The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins will be giving free agent LB Bobby Brooks (Raiders) a workout soon.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
2,788
Reaction score
24
Age
56
Practice Squad

Hello,

OG Pierce had been added to the practice squad again. My only guess there is that they intended to sign Andrew to the PS and he was claimed off waivers. WR Hooks was also added. That leaves Miami with 2 WRs, 1 RB, and 2 OL on the squad. Hooks was probably added to practice against the Indy offense.

I was hoping we might add Atkins since he was cut by the Titans.

However, I am learning that the practice squad isn't really that big a deal as I learn the rationale for signing players to the squad.

Opinions welcomed.

Lee2000
 

EddieIrvine13

Active Roster
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
595
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Chicago
I believe Cannida was the starter. Maybe Williams. Now Larry Triplett is starting at LDT and their SIXTH round pick is their starting RDT. Two rookie DTs for the second game of the year... I bet Ricky is licking his chops!
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Re: Practice Squad

Originally posted by Lee2000
Hello,

OG Pierce had been added to the practice squad again. My only guess there is that they intended to sign Andrew to the PS and he was claimed off waivers. WR Hooks was also added. That leaves Miami with 2 WRs, 1 RB, and 2 OL on the squad. Hooks was probably added to practice against the Indy offense.

I was hoping we might add Atkins since he was cut by the Titans.

However, I am learning that the practice squad isn't really that big a deal as I learn the rationale for signing players to the squad.

Opinions welcomed.

Lee2000
do you have a link, but anyway, I agree that I thought they would want to keep Andrews if he was still PS eilgible which I was not sure. Did not Atkins has some problems or something ?
 

EddieIrvine13

Active Roster
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
595
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Chicago
Their RDT is a guy by the named of Pugh from V-Tech... this guy only weights 270 lbs! Ricky can knock him flat on his ***!
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
Their RDT is a guy by the named of Pugh from V-Tech... this guy only weights 270 lbs! Ricky can knock him flat on his ***!
not to mention 330 lb Jamie Nails :D
 
Top Bottom