Pre season performance has no correlation to regular season performance | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre season performance has no correlation to regular season performance

I think once the regular season begins we'll see more play action, motion, up tempo, and decisive downfield darts off the play action.

But until it happens we're just guessing. That's what shouright pointed out so often here. His terrific phrase was, "How do you know?" It was absolutely proper, and light years more valid than any of the fanciful adjustments, the ones that matter of factly assert that since our offensive line is poor then our quarterback is actually a great player being unfairly held back. When I bet something based on a situational or statistical trend there are hundreds if not many thousands in the sample size that revealed the trend. That's how I know. Shouright's background and profession enable him to understand the value of, "How do you know?" He uses it to help people held back by irrational fear. Somehow on this forum his contributions were ridiculed, including by otherwise sharp posters. In the 9+ years I've been a member of this site it's easily the most ridiculous and pathetic situation I've seen.

Shouright was new to statistical analysis but had already made some interesting contributions, specifically to merge and weigh various categories. As I mentioned at the time, several of my gambling friends were so impressed with one of shouright's threads that they took the link and tinkered with the numbers, aiming for further clarity. These are arrogant guys who normally scoff and dismiss anything that isn't their own invention or sourced from myself or other members of the fraternity.

shouright was mocked, shunned and treated like a jerk because he acted like a jerk. This isn't just a forum for ideas and opinions, it's a community of people.

He didn't help his cause by backing theories that at times were transparently nonsensical (one of his first major forays was the infamous "Davone Bess is a playmaker" thread, which got him off on the wrong foot with nearly everyone). That made it easier than it would have otherwise been to mock his later, "better" contributions. But really his main problem was his own lack of people skills. He was notorious for leaving belittling rep. He would take childlike umbrage and respond patronizingly at even civil attempts to debate, which rendered challenges or further exploration of his ideas impossible. I actually engaged in a series of pms with him trying to help him mend fences with the community by encouraging him to take a different tact, but -- unsurprisingly -- he took offense and suggested he had no problems with his relationship with the community. He preferred to be highly visible and highly rude. Not a good combination.

For the fact that he was banned from this forum and the other forum -- and that he started his own forum which died a quick death -- he really has no one to blame but himself.

shouright was mocked, shunned and treated like a jerk because he acted like a jerk. This isn't just a forum for ideas and opinions, it's a community of people.

He didn't help his cause by backing theories that at times were transparently nonsensical (one of his first major forays was the infamous "Davone Bess is a playmaker" thread, which got him off on the wrong foot with nearly everyone). That made it easier than it would have otherwise been to mock his later, "better" contributions. But really his main problem was his own lack of people skills. He was notorious for leaving belittling rep. He would take childlike umbrage and respond patronizingly at even civil attempts to debate, which rendered challenges or further exploration of his ideas impossible. I actually engaged in a series of pms with him trying to help him mend fences with the community by encouraging him to take a different tact, but -- unsurprisingly -- he took offense and suggested he had no problems with his relationship with the community. He preferred to be highly visible and highly rude. Not a good combination.

For the fact that he was banned from this forum and the other forum -- and that he started his own forum which died a quick death -- he really has no one to blame but himself.

another good quote "it's not what you say but how you say it" - shouright pissed everyone off because that's what he wanted to accomplish. he was here to rile people up, ruffle feathers.

I almost feel like some were waiting for this moment since last season to "prove" they were right about....something.

In the end....what happens two weeks from now is all that actually matters.

He didn't help his cause by backing theories that at times were transparently nonsensical (one of his first major forays was the infamous "Davone Bess is a playmaker" thread, which got him off on the wrong foot with nearly everyone).

Not to mention that he was a complete fraud. There was that one funny incident when he lifted some work from CK, tried to pass it off as his own, and then came to a conclusion that was the exact opposite of what was supported by the data only to get called out both for lifting the data and completely twisting the conclusions. But the one that stands out was when he was trying to make a point by examining correlation between two variables, found a strong correlation that didn't support his argument, and insisted there was no evidence of dependence. It was just bald-faced gall.

As I said then, he was either a complete charlatan or a straight up troll. He was either a complete moron, or he assumed that everyone here was a complete moron.

It wasn't even a bad performance. I've seen 100x worse. Wouldn't know it on this site though. Tanne may as well have had a Tebow preseason game on Saturday. Unreal the overreaction on this site.

I've watched the game three times and I saw tanne make typical sharp throws with a couple bad decisions by him and other players (that no one is talking about, its all tanne go figure). He had a mediocre couple quarters. Keep watching espn and overreacting to every little thing.

Patently false. All of it.

He never engaged in the name-calling and absolute verbal undressing that commonly was flung at him by some of the resident zoo animals who's identity and sense of self-worth is tied to this team (also to Tanny). He maintained relatively well composed. That is what pissed people off even more. "I'm talking trash to you, c'mon talk it back!!!! Feed my bloodlust for online drama!!!!!!!!"

bloodykeyboardwrecko-1.gif

Some of his statistics were well put together and others were a little half-concocted. But because he always chose polarizing topics he was made out as a villain. Honestly, watching his threads devolve into nonstop trash talking by other members was despicable. But as Dubz once said on here, the echo chamber is strong on this site.

Back
Top Bottom