Prediction: Miami Trades Back

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by JahnDho, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm all for keeping our own players as long as it makes sense for the team. Giving away bad deal like they're giving away water has been part of the problem here. They did it with Tannehill, Jones, branch, Kiko......, then they made things even worst by restructuring Suh, Tanny and Jones......two of those guys are gone and most people wish the 3rd one was gone too. I like what NE does. They'll go only so far and when the players wants too much they let them hit free agency and get comp picks the next year. They'd rather let a guy go a year too early than a year too late and it has worked great for them.

2. Lovethefish

Lovethefish Well-Known Member

Really really agree with all of this - key will be which players should we hope drop to us that we aren’t necessarily interested in. If Oliver drops - we run to podium... should we hope Haskins, Jones QB, maybe FSU LB?, others that you think we should hope drop that will result in teams looking to trade up?

3. JahnDho

JahnDho Well-Known Member Donator

I’d be so excited if Fins trade back and Jeffery Simmons falls because of his ACL injury. What a coup that would be! They don’t need him to start week 1. Would be a top 10 talent in the 20’s. That’d be my draft strategy. And if he doesn’t fall that far then there are still OL available to bolster the line for the future. Or, grab a QB like Will Grier (who I like better than Lock and Haskins).

FSU Truth likes this.