Predictions for Dolphins vs. Chiefs (merged) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions for Dolphins vs. Chiefs (merged)

I think Phins 34-20...

... I think the Chiefs get 7 extra points in garbage time.

Oliver...

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
There is no doubt that Kansas City head coach D. Vermeil is turning things around this year....

The Chiefs are a strong offensive team. We'll need to have the same defensive game plan for the Chiefs as we used for the Colts IMO....

If we limit RB P. Holmes, and put decent pressure on QB T. Green, we will win this game. The Chiefs defense ranks at the bottom of the NFL barrel, and the way our offense has been lately, we should be able to put over 30 on the board on them....

The key will be how our defense plays. If we continue to play stingy defense the way we have thus far, the Chiefs wont have a chance IMO. We own the Chiefs, and I've never been to, or seen a game the Phinz lost to the Chiefs....

Playing at Arrowhead wont make matter easy though. The crowd noise there is very loud. Regardless, the Phinz are a much better team than the Chiefs, and we should win with defense.....

Let's face it, QB T. Green is a pick machine when he's under pressure, and RB P. Holmes is their most dangerous weapon by far. Besides TE T. Gonzalez catching a few, the Chiefs are rather weak at WR as well.....

Our defense should be able shut those guys down pretty much.

PHINZ 33
CHIEFS 20

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

With the Chiefs' secondary in shambles and the rest of their defense not even showing up, we should have a field day through the air. Also, Holmes and Williams are probably going to get their yards so it might be a case of keeping Holmes out of the endzone ala Edgerrin James in week 2. Also Holmes has 7(!) touchdowns this season. I think it is safe to say that if we stop him we stop the Chiefs, who are realistcally 0-3 right now with the exception of Dwayne Rudd's retardedness. Tony Gonzalez is an awesome TE but, he is injured and really didn't do too much against the Patriots only catching one ball.

If Fiedler plays the way he has been, and I see no reason for him not to, this could be another surprising blowout. I am going to say 38-24, with the Chiefs picking up some points late in the 4th quarter.

:monkey: Chiefs

:hail: Dolphins

Hey guys, Chiefs fan crashing the party......

Dolphins are worthy favorites this week. You've got a good team. Finally, it looks like a team that will keep up the momentum through the season. Here's hoping you hit a roadblock on Sunday :D

I expect you'll put up 30+ points this week, and hopefully we can do the same. Our running game is phenomenal (6.1 ypc), and even though you think you just have to stop Priest, it's the way he's being used that makes the difference. It's fun to watch.

You'll tear up our backs (I won't even bother with the word defensive there, cos it doesn't fit!). They suck. I just hope our pass rush can step up again though, like it did last week. It came out of nowhere, and resulted in 4 sacks of Tom Brady. That's our only hope on D.

On offense, Trent Green is weak. However, a bit better play calling to establish a rhythm, and no long play action bombs might see him put up a better performance. We've got good coaches, but it seems to take them half of every season to decide how to use the personnel. Of course, us fans know best!! If Green can get 12 balls to Gonzo and the wideouts we'll be a real force on O.

I'd bet the over ;)

Good luck, hopefully it'll be a good, injury free game.

BTW, I envy you Chris Chambers, Vermeil tried to trade up into the 2nd round for him last year.

Hey chiefs fans,
Whats the beef with Trent Green...Is he that bad??? I saw him play a bit last week and he has a nice arm and delivery..I think he could be pretty good if he cut down on his mistakes and released the ball quicker...Easier said then done but it's been done before..
Your secondary is without a doubt the weakest in the league
( That game against the Brownies was painful to watch..Holcomb just chugged it up there and the wideouts came down with it every time)
Priest is dynamite WOW...talk about hard to tackle...
I like your LB Maslowski..thought he played pretty well last week...
As for our Fins..i'd be wary since we could be overconfident but with a huge win or (debacle) last week against the J-E-T-S (Just End The Season) I think we'll just be looking for more blood this sunday
Phins 27
Chiefs 13
:up:

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
Hey chiefs fans,
Whats the beef with Trent Green...Is he that bad??? I saw him play a bit last week and he has a nice arm and delivery..I think he could be pretty good if he cut down on his mistakes and released the ball quicker...Easier said then done but it's been done before..
Your secondary is without a doubt the weakest in the league
( That game against the Brownies was painful to watch..Holcomb just chugged it up there and the wideouts came down with it every time)
Priest is dynamite WOW...talk about hard to tackle...
I like your LB Maslowski..thought he played pretty well last week...
As for our Fins..i'd be wary since we could be overconfident but with a huge win or (debacle) last week against the J-E-T-S (Just End The Season) I think we'll just be looking for more blood this sunday
Phins 27
Chiefs 13
:up:

Pink Dove,

Here's my opinion (and mind you, it's only one KC fan's opinion), Green isn't so much flat-out bad as he is infuriatingly inconsistant. Witness week 1 vs Cleveland: Green threw an INT on the games 1st drive. After that , he was golden throughout the rest of the game. Nearly flawless, in fact. Then he was bad in week 2 (Jax) and horrible vs NE until the 4th qtr. This is the established pattern for the man--he's gonna give you around 1/4 season as a competent field general and then look lost the rest of the time. I can very well do without this kind of behavior. Management went out and got the talent to surround him during the offseason (the arguement last year being he had no WRs) but there's no visceral improvement! He makes the same mistakes -- throwing off his back foot, horrible tosses when flushed from the pocket, telegraphing the intending receiver, trying to force the ball to recievers double/triple covered to make the big play.

These constant mis-steps tells me he isn't learning from mistakes. He is,after all, a 9 yr veteran and there's no excuse for the fundamental mistakes he exhibits. But most infuriating, he will have the occasional brilliant performance between meltdowns. Just to get Chiefs fans hopes up--only to see them crashed to earth the following week. ENOUGH!

Someone mentioned Desmond Clark earlier, and showing the Pats a new wrinkle? Why would you show it? Then they could game plan for it. I say hold him out for the extra week. He could be the hidden weapon against NE......

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 FINAL
DOLPHINS 10 14 7 7 38
CHIEFS 0 6 7 7 20

RICKY 31 CARRIES 138 YARDS 2 TDS 4 CATCHES 48 YARDS
FIEDLER 23 OF 30 FOR 308 YARDS 2 TD NO INTS
CHAMBERS 8 CATCHES 111 YARDS 1 TD
MCMICHAEL 6 CATCHES 86 YARDS 1 TD
KONRAD 5 CATCHES 44 YARDS

FLETCHER 1 INT
WOODEN 1 INT

TAYLOR 1 SACK 5 TACKLES
OGUNLEYE 2 SACKS 3 TACKLES
ZACH 10 SOLO TACKLES
DEFENSE SWARMED TO BALL EVERYTIME.

I PLAYED MY GAMEDAY 2003 ON MY PS2. I WATCHED THE SIMULATION OF BOTH TEAMS WITHOUT CHOOSING A TEAM AND I DID IT BY PLCING THE QUARTER LENGTH TO 15 MINUTES.

PRETTY IMPRESSIVE.

GO DOLPHINS!!!

SHOWNDOWN WITH PATSIES NEXT WEEK!!

Back
Top Bottom