Predictions on the AFC EAST | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions on the AFC EAST

im glad to see were predicted to be 12-4, but i can tell you right now that the bills and jets wont be 9-7

this is how it will go
DOLPHINS: 13-3
PATRIOTS: 10-6
BILLS: 6-10
JETS:5-11

AND IT DONT MATTER NE WAY THE DOPHINS ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess the Phins will live and die by the QB spot and who plays in it.

If C-Pepp is fully fit and back to his all pro form, then Miami have the capability to win 12 plus games. If he is out for a few months or off form, then the Dolphins may struggle under the guidance of Joey H who has not shown much form during his NFL career.

The one bright spot is that we are in a division with 2 duff teams and we should record at least 3 wins against them both.

RiderOnTheStorm said:
I guess the Phins will live and die by the QB spot and who plays in it.

If C-Pepp is fully fit and back to his all pro form, then Miami have the capability to win 12 plus games. If he is out for a few months or off form, then the Dolphins may struggle under the guidance of Joey H who has not shown much form during his NFL career.

The one bright spot is that we are in a division with 2 duff teams and we should record at least 3 wins against them both.

When was Culpepper all-Pro? All-Pro and Pro Bowler are 2 completely different things, 6-7-8 guys can make the PB at QB in a given year but only 1 makes 1st team all-Pro.

This is how the divison will shake out IMO when I do my predictions I leave room for either one loss or one win more so IMO a team I pick 12-4 could go 11-5 or 13-3

Dolphins 12-4
Patriots - 10-6
Bills - 7-9
Jets - 5-11

The Fish aren't going to win 12 games this season; they aren't that good. They will have to have everything go right to equal last year's 9-7 much less better it, and that includes having Daunte be ready for September and be the Daunte of 2004 not 2005.

Kinzua said:
The Fish aren't going to win 12 games this season; they aren't that good. They will have to have everything go right to equal last year's 9-7 much less better it, and that includes having Daunte be ready for September and be the Daunte of 2004 not 2005.
I'm sorry but your an idiot theres no other word to describe it. our front 7 is the same and will be even better with another year together. our o-line is even further improved. our secoundary is better. we added a pro bowl QB and a good back-up QB. our WRs have better depth as do our TEs. how the hell are we not going to win at least 10 games?

They still have to go out and play the games Nick....

There are a lot of things that could happen.....last year you had the advantage of having 2 quality backs.....now you are down to one....

Injuries can happen.....

The teams in your division did get better.....

John from Hemet said:
They still have to go out and play the games Nick....

There are a lot of things that could happen.....last year you had the advantage of having 2 quality backs.....now you are down to one....

Injuries can happen.....

The teams in your division did get better.....
NE got worse and Buff didn't do too much

nick1 said:
I'm sorry but your an idiot theres no other word to describe it. our front 7 is the same and will be even better with another year together. our o-line is even further improved. our secoundary is better. we added a pro bowl QB and a good back-up QB. our WRs have better depth as do our TEs. how the hell are we not going to win at least 10 games?

It's a pity that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I said 12-4, which seems to be the favorite number Felonfans keep tossing about, is too high. I didn't rule out 10 wins, but I did say "everything has to go right" to equal last year's 9-7.

Let's look at your vaunted "front 7". Is that the same "front 7" that includes Keith Traylor who may be dealing with legal problems in Oklahoma, aging bros-in-law Taylor and Thomas, and sophomore Crowder? The last I heard, Miami was in desperate need of more LBs and was trying to get a discontented one from New Orleans, which means that going to the 3-4 doesn't look too good ... of course, if tubby Manny Wright doesn't shape up (pun intended), then the 4-3 ain't so great either.

How is your secondary better, and even if it is, so what? You swapped out Sam Madison for Will Allen and think you've gotten better? Hope for a wash there. Jason Allen was a cornerback in college who is likely to be switched to safety, and learning both the pro game and a new position takes a while, sweetpea. JA will struggle for a while if he starts

Please explain how your oline has "even further improved". It's decent at best, but nobody's going to mistake it for Pitt's, Indy's or CHags'. Your team ran the ball well last year, but you don't have Ricky to make his own holes. With only have 1 decent RB on the team, best hope -- no, pray -- Ronnie stays healthy ...

Your "pro bowl quarterback" is rehabbing his knee. Maybe he'll be ready, but maybe he won't, and even if he is, he's learning a new system and new receivers and he won't have much, if any, game-time experience with them before he starts. That leads to bad passes and INTs. He also has fumbleitis -- and last year he threw twice as many INTs as he did TDs.

As for your "good back-up QB", ROFLMAO. If Harrington has to start at the beginning of the season, winning half of those games will be more than a challenge.

Chambers is a decent WR, but he's hardly in the same class as Randy Moss, and the others aren't even as good -- and Daunte has be prove that he can do well without Moss to snag his errant passess. Depth's good, but great starters is even better!

Oh, and that doesn't even take into account that both the Jests and the Bills are coming in with new coaches and new systems, and may very well be better this year than last. Besides, it's too early to make real predictions.

nick1 said:
NE got worse and Buff didn't do too much

I think NE might have gotten a little worse by losing Vinatieri, especially if they don't get somebody better than Mare by September, but don't think they aren't a solid team.

Getting rid of Jerry Grey alone makes the Bills' defense better, and the Bills have shed some over-priced, temperamental (Sam Adams) or declining vets (Lawyer Milloy) on their D to be replaced by solid FA signees and rookies. Both of B-lo's first rounders will likely see a lot of action this season, and Whitner could be a starter early on. Look for the Bills D to resemble the tough units that were a hallmark of the 1990s clubs by the end of the season.

I think the Jets are still a good defensive team, and they've invested in their oline for the future while shoring it up for this season. If Penney comes back sound, or if Ramsey lives up to the promise he showed coming out of college, I think the Jets will surprise a lot of people.

Besides, no matter how good one AFCE team is and how bad the other, every AFCE game is a scrap. A split in the division is the best you can expect, so that's three losses right there.

first off when you have the league's best o-line coach your line is going to get better every year under him plus we added Pearson and Shelton.

we are fine at LB. we have Thomas, Crowder, Spragan, Pope, Sinclair, and Hodge plus Taylor plays OLB in the 3-4. we are good at DE and DT, we have Holliday, Traylor, Wright, Vickerson and Zgonina at DT. Roth, Taylor, Carter, and Bowens at DE

Culpepper best year (2004) was when Moss missed alot of games, enough said

Jason Allen is very talented and has experience at safety so it won't be like he's learning the position for the first time. he will be a great player. Will Allen is better than Madison. he's way faster and gets in front of the ball alot, he hands aren't great but breaking up the play is just as important as getting an INT

Kinzua said:
It's a pity that reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I said 12-4, which seems to be the favorite number Felonfans keep tossing about, is too high. I didn't rule out 10 wins, but I did say "everything has to go right" to equal last year's 9-7.

Let's look at your vaunted "front 7". Is that the same "front 7" that includes Keith Traylor who may be dealing with legal problems in Oklahoma, aging bros-in-law Taylor and Thomas, and sophomore Crowder? The last I heard, Miami was in desperate need of more LBs and was trying to get a discontented one from New Orleans, which means that going to the 3-4 doesn't look too good ... of course, if tubby Manny Wright doesn't shape up (pun intended), then the 4-3 ain't so great either.

How is your secondary better, and even if it is, so what? You swapped out Sam Madison for Will Allen and think you've gotten better? Hope for a wash there. Jason Allen was a cornerback in college who is likely to be switched to safety, and learning both the pro game and a new position takes a while, sweetpea. JA will struggle for a while if he starts

Please explain how your oline has "even further improved". It's decent at best, but nobody's going to mistake it for Pitt's, Indy's or CHags'. Your team ran the ball well last year, but you don't have Ricky to make his own holes. With only have 1 decent RB on the team, best hope -- no, pray -- Ronnie stays healthy ...

Your "pro bowl quarterback" is rehabbing his knee. Maybe he'll be ready, but maybe he won't, and even if he is, he's learning a new system and new receivers and he won't have much, if any, game-time experience with them before he starts. That leads to bad passes and INTs. He also has fumbleitis -- and last year he threw twice as many INTs as he did TDs.

As for your "good back-up QB", ROFLMAO. If Harrington has to start at the beginning of the season, winning half of those games will be more than a challenge.

Chambers is a decent WR, but he's hardly in the same class as Randy Moss, and the others aren't even as good -- and Daunte has be prove that he can do well without Moss to snag his errant passess. Depth's good, but great starters is even better!

Oh, and that doesn't even take into account that both the Jests and the Bills are coming in with new coaches and new systems, and may very well be better this year than last. Besides, it's too early to make real predictions.

well a few things where you are wrong...first off the trade that was going to be for courtney watson from the saints was mainly a "your garbage for our garbage" trade, yes the dolphins did find courtney watson to be a good suit for the team but they were mainly looking to get rid of eddie moore...second our oline has further improved with the addition of L.J. Shelton who was a former first round pick by arizona and will improve greatly with the coaching of hudson houck, Shelton even said that he would of taken a million less just to have the opportunity to play for hudson houck....3rd is that chris chambers is proving that he is way more than just an "ok" wide reciver, the guy made his first pro bowl lit up your bills had plus 1,000 reciving yards with gus frerrote/sage rosenfelds and you still think he is only decent? im not saying that hes the best or even top 5 but i would most deff say hes better than just decent....fourth is your assessment that joey harrington is a bad back up, joey has played on one of the worst teams in the nfl since 2000, he cant win every game on his own and im not saying that he played good all the time or anything close to that but when he was benched and jeff garcia was forced to start its not like he did much better....joey has talent and he showed it in college and thats what earned him the right to be the #3 pick overall in the draft, and he did have a solid year in 2004 throwing 19 tds and 12 picks dispite the lions poor play, and not to mention the lions had terrible coaching and horrible oline and no one could even support the guy, very similar to jp losmans situation wouldnt you say? And as for Daunte i dont have to say anything he has shown that he is an elite qb in this league and had an mvp like season in 2004, so you can forget his off year because its not like randy moss did so great in oakland and even though chris chambers is not as good as moss he still is good and will give daunte a great option to throw to. And for the record the bills and the jets have a lot more issues than the dolphins do, and i know anyone in their right football state of mind would much rather be in the dolphins situation, which is trying to compete for a super bowl title, than both the bills and jets situation, which is to try and focus on rebuilding and have a some what respectable record while trying to mesh a new team

Kinzua said:
I think NE might have gotten a little worse by losing Vinatieri, especially if they don't get somebody better than Mare by September, but don't think they aren't a solid team.

Getting rid of Jerry Grey alone makes the Bills' defense better, and the Bills have shed some over-priced, temperamental (Sam Adams) or declining vets (Lawyer Milloy) on their D to be replaced by solid FA signees and rookies. Both of B-lo's first rounders will likely see a lot of action this season, and Whitner could be a starter early on. Look for the Bills D to resemble the tough units that were a hallmark of the 1990s clubs by the end of the season.

I think the Jets are still a good defensive team, and they've invested in their oline for the future while shoring it up for this season. If Penney comes back sound, or if Ramsey lives up to the promise he showed coming out of college, I think the Jets will surprise a lot of people.

Besides, no matter how good one AFCE team is and how bad the other, every AFCE game is a scrap. A split in the division is the best you can expect, so that's three losses right there.

That's a big gobbing heap of homerism if I ever saw one.

Newsflash: YOUR COACH IS DICK JAURON AND YOUR QBS ARE J.P. LOSMAN AND KELLY HOLCOMB.

Back
Top Bottom