Predictions on the AFC EAST | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions on the AFC EAST

I dont agree with all of the comments my fellow bills brethren posted....but I do believe that our team did get better.....

I dont have a problem with Gerry Gray....but the coaching staff as a hole allowed strife and locker room division due to some veteran players believing we were actually going to make a run last year.....

We weren't.....our QB of the future needed playing time that he didn't get because Mularki was trying to please everybody.....what he should have done was just play Losman and understand that last year was a rebiulding season. But he did get valuable playing experience last year.

Gone are the players in the locker room who were creating the infighting....although talented players they were causing more problems then they were solving. the main culprits Eric Moulds and Sam Adams.

The way we get better this year is putting a good defense on the field, run the ball, and use our very good special teams to get good field position. That is why our draft was basically a defensive draft. Daunte Whitner, McCargo, Ko Simpson, Yobuty, and Kyle Williams are a big time injection of talent.

I am not saying we are going to the Super Bowl this year...but I am willing to bet that we do work our way to a 9-7 record.

John from Hemet said:
I dont agree with all of the comments my fellow bills brethren posted....but I do believe that our team did get better.....

I dont have a problem with Gerry Gray....but the coaching staff as a hole allowed strife and locker room division due to some veteran players believing we were actually going to make a run last year.....

We weren't.....our QB of the future needed playing time that he didn't get because Mularki was trying to please everybody.....what he should have done was just play Losman and understand that last year was a rebiulding season. But he did get valuable playing experience last year.

Gone are the players in the locker room who were creating the infighting....although talented players they were causing more problems then they were solving. the main culprits Eric Moulds and Sam Adams.

The way we get better this year is putting a good defense on the field, run the ball, and use our very good special teams to get good field position. That is why our draft was basically a defensive draft. Daunte Whitner, McCargo, Ko Simpson, Yobuty, and Kyle Williams are a big time injection of talent.

I am not saying we are going to the Super Bowl this year...but I am willing to bet that we do work our way to a 9-7 record.

i understand what your trying to say but you cant count on deffense alone because the bills deffense isnt like the chicago bears of last year, that arnt as talented as chicagos that could lead them to the playoffs...the draft was still not great, trying to build a deffensive team isnt just going to cut it you need to have some what type of offense and willis wont be able to carry it every play....also last year was not suppose to be a rebuilding mode for the bills, they had high hopes from comming off a 9-7 season and were hoping for the playoffs so you cant blame mularkey for trying to win....unfortunately for you and other bills fans i think its going to be a very painful year for the bills, not just because im a dolphins fan but because i just dont see that team being competitive especially with dick juaron

Kinzua said:
Jason Allen was a cornerback in college who is likely to be switched to safety, and learning both the pro game and a new position takes a while, sweetpea. JA will struggle for a while if he starts

Getting rid of Jerry Grey alone makes the Bills' defense better, and the Bills have shed some over-priced, temperamental (Sam Adams) or declining vets (Lawyer Milloy) on their D to be replaced by solid FA signees and rookies. Both of B-lo's first rounders will likely see a lot of action this season, and Whitner could be a starter early on. Look for the Bills D to resemble the tough units that were a hallmark of the 1990s clubs by the end of the season.

I think the Jets are still a good defensive team, and they've invested in their oline for the future while shoring it up for this season. If Penney comes back sound, or if Ramsey lives up to the promise he showed coming out of college, I think the Jets will surprise a lot of people.

Dude you're funny. You make assumptions that that Allen will struggle in his first year as a starter but YOUR first round picks will step right in and be "solid" in their first year. Let's compare Harrington to Ramsey. Could we please? Ramsey's been a bum just like Harrington, but if Ramsey "lives up to the promise" the Jets should surprise. However, since the Phins have Harrington .500 ball is the best we can hope for? Man.........i just don't know about you. Sometimes you seem to have a clue, other times you seem like the typical Buffalo fan.

miaD5499 said:
i understand what your trying to say but you cant count on deffense alone because the bills deffense isnt like the chicago bears of last year, that arnt as talented as chicagos that could lead them to the playoffs...the draft was still not great, trying to build a deffensive team isnt just going to cut it you need to have some what type of offense and willis wont be able to carry it every play....also last year was not suppose to be a rebuilding mode for the bills, they had high hopes from comming off a 9-7 season and were hoping for the playoffs so you cant blame mularkey for trying to win....unfortunately for you and other bills fans i think its going to be a very painful year for the bills, not just because im a dolphins fan but because i just dont see that team being competitive especially with dick juaron

Dick Juaron is one of those type of coaches that does well the 2nd time around....just look at Bill Belechek he sucked as a coach for the Browns.

I like Dick's style to be honest....Mike M. was just too much of a gimmick guy and I think Fairchild's ideas for the offense much better suit our talent. There is a LOT of speed on this team on offense.

What is all going to boil down to is ti Tripplett/McCargo/Andersion/Williams can stop the run up the middle....because with Takeo Spikes coming back and ahead of schedule on his rehab our linbacking corps is going to be very good sideline to sideline.....and if we can get a interior rush going (which why we brought in Tripplett and McCargo) our secondary has enough talent to make a lot of plays with Clements, McGee, Whitner, Vincent, and Yobuty

We lost a lot of games last year because this team just didn't have the toughness to seal the deal. We will see if Marv's "high character player" approach fixes some of those problems.

Back
Top Bottom