Prepare for leftover O-linemen in FA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prepare for leftover O-linemen in FA

Blake the great

Active Roster
Reaction score
Yes we have the most projected money but our biggest competition will be the Bengals who have the 4th most projected cap space and obviously the Bengals are very attractive right now. Not sure who the top prized free agent OT/G/C's are but I will bet we will be stuck with the leftovers.

Mighty good left overs are going to be out there and truthfully think 1 outstanding OT and quality OL men brought in, will be sufficient enough to fill all our stomachs.

Don't think Mac D sees the need to have several High priced OL while still being able to upgrade well enough to be legit.....

Personally, been waiting for the OL upgrade half a life time and feeling Mac D Finally finally knows the critical importance thats been neglected here for years is totally aware of it.

Have to trust his judgement and at present his judgement is beyond my expectations...

Well, we need like 4 guys on the OLine. The Bungholes better get themselves ready to sign enough folks to relegate us to only left overs.

Never mind the other 30 teams, many of whom will be vying for the services of the top OLinemen.

Well, we need like 4 guys on the OLine. The Bungholes better get themselves ready to sign enough folks to relegate us to only left overs.

Never mind the other 30 teams, many of whom will be vying for the services of the top OLinemen.
Bengals are notoriously cheap. That said, I'm sure they will target some FAs. Speed and strong offers trumps everything else. I think we see some early activity. If not, we will be bargain hunting.

Yes we have the most projected money but our biggest competition will be the Bengals who have the 4th most projected cap space and obviously the Bengals are very attractive right now. Not sure who the top prized free agent OT/G/C's are but I will bet we will be stuck with the leftovers.
I get that the Bengals were in the SB but Cincinatti vs. Miami/Lauderdale Miami wins all day. There's also the no state income tax piece. Everyone knows we're building something here.

One approach could be

17.8 mil for Tunsil, I'd think eliminates the group down considerably, Oh and a 1st rd pick...

Not saying to do it but they will be strong contenders in that FA market if they want. with several available very good options....JMO

COACHING. I still believe our recent O-line picks are salvageable. We need one good-great FA tackle and one decent guard to stabilize this unit. We may not be top 5 but will certainly not be the bottom unit with this coaching staff.
I think you could be right. But not this season, bringing in high quality experienced starters IMO would be a tremendous opportunity for these kids to be backups and learn learn learn.

We'd be strong with vets and have our young guns waiting for their time to come. In some cases maybe sooner than later depending our #1 OL staying healthy.

Also a quality Vet line will give us the opportunity to fairly see what Tua's talents are.

Aging and injury littered players will be available.
I see nothing wrong with signing older COMPETENT linemen. They're cheaper than the highly rated young studs and will make an excellent stopgap while rookies and younger unproven linemen learn the job.

Sure but the Bengals have their share of free agents and Miami has the no state tax allure. A player looks at a lot of things but I don’t see Miami being outbid if they really want someone.

Don't know McD's opinion, but upgrading a couple of lineman shouldn't be difficult

Back
Top Bottom