Prepare for leftover O-linemen in FA | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prepare for leftover O-linemen in FA

The fact that McDaniel has put together such an impressive coaching staff (on paper anyway), leads me to be optimistic about players wanting to come to Miami.

I do believe, however, that the best tackles will end up signing with their teams before free agency opens. I do think Armstead will be available because of the Saints salary cap situation.

Yes we have the most projected money but our biggest competition will be the Bengals who have the 4th most projected cap space and obviously the Bengals are very attractive right now. Not sure who the top prized free agent OT/G/C's are but I will bet we will be stuck with the leftovers.
One thing not attractive about the Bengals: you have to live in Cincinnati.

Yes we have the most projected money but our biggest competition will be the Bengals who have the 4th most projected cap space and obviously the Bengals are very attractive right now. Not sure who the top prized free agent OT/G/C's are but I will bet we will be stuck with the leftovers.
Disagree, because each FA will visit all the places that will be competing for their services, and in the end these things will hit the FA hard...

1. Miami New Coaches seem great to play for.

2. I will get more money in Miami then cheap Cincinnati.

3. No state tax, I getbto keep more of my money.

4. The weather is much better in Miami, so my family will not need three coats to go outside.

5. If Miami's QB had not gone down, Miami probably would have had more wins then the Bengals.

I think we will have good options available.

The only thing that could derail this entire offseason is not improving the line significantly. Im not too worried tho, I think we will finally addresses this much neglected area of the team.

Given the choice, I'd pick South Florida over the foothills of Appalachia

I'm interested to see how Mac D handles this. Filling out a couple OL with the top FA's or knowing his offense and the players who actually fit and are not bank busters.

Just got a feeling nothing else that his process is unlike ours and he knows how to put together a OL to run his system..

Me love a couple of top FA's. OT and C in FAcy but what do I know...

Not saying I want the 5 starters back, but no one knows McD's opinion of them. How much does he blame the OL coach? IMO, upgrades can be found, but won't be shocked if at least 3 return

Isn't that always how F/A ends up. The younger more potential players are usually re-signed or tagged, prior to F/A. The OT F/A are buyer beware this year. Aging and injury littered players will be available.
If that's the case I'd rather have the aging players rather than the injured players

Not saying I want the 5 starters back, but no one knows McD's opinion of them. How much does he blame the OL coach? IMO, upgrades can be found, but won't be shocked if at least 3 return
If Jackson is the starting LT you can forget about this team getting any better.

Armstead has missed 40% of his games due to injury, while playing in the NFL. But yet, most Dolfans want to sign this guy. Age and injury history is what's left during F/A. Buyer beware.

You have a really great point that I hadn’t really thought of. The pool of OLinemen we can target doesn’t just include free agents, it should also include players under contract with teams looking to move on. Either teams that are over the cap or teams that are rebuilding. Look how Tannehill worked out for Tennessee. A good Gm can target such players and figure out how to get them.

Bingo.

For a young, talented roster you can afford to trade mid round picks to acquire some higher paid vets, still under contract.

Quite a few NFC teams have cap problems and could be talked into doing a deal they wouldn’t have done if not for financial constraints.

Another guy I like is Packers RB Aaron Jones. Certainly a player they’d like to keep but with the younger and much cheaper AJ Dillon in the fold, they could move Jones to help ease their cap situation. Especially if they want to retain Rodgers. I don’t think re-signing or tagging Adams is even possible without releasing their 2 or 3 highest paid defensive players (The Smiths). I’d do a 5th and 7th (2023) for Jones. I’d do a 4th for 6th swap, if I had to.

Calvin Ridley’s situation has been documented already on FH with its own thread. I wish i knew more about what’s going on with him because he’s a stellar route runner. Lethal combo with Waddle. Atlanta is also surprisingly in bad cap shape and in desperate need of a rebuild.

Decker
Jones
Ridley

Do it.

Detroit will probably be more than happy to take just 2023 assets so we don’t have to trade too many this year. I say that because they won’t be taking one early this year, so barring a miracle, they will be happy with 2023 picks.

My first rounder isn’t likely to be on the table but never say never.

Also added benefits; trades won’t factor towards compensatory picks, if we lose Ogbah or Gesicki, and no big signing bonuses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom