Preseason Playing Time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason Playing Time

72 silky

Active Roster
Reaction score
how much work does josh Rosen get in the preseason? I’d have to think majority of the snaps go to him if evaluating him is a priority

Yup. Don't see it any other way.

I think for week 1, we can expect Fitz to get the first drive, then I'd expect Rosen until half time.

Week 2, he'd probably start and play til half or maybe even til the end of the 3rd.

Week 3 will be a telling week. I think Fitz starts, and plays til half and Rosen plays the majority of the 2nd half.

Week 4 I'd expect neither Fitz or Rosen to play.

Starting qb's usually get a bit less than 4 quarters in total, depending how long they play in 3rd preseason game. We don't have a starter so I see him getting a large bulk of the playing time.

how much work does josh Rosen get in the preseason? I’d have to think majority of the snaps go to him if evaluating him is a priority

I'm probably odd man out. I think the 'starter' in PS game 1 > game 3 will be RF UNLESS Rosen shows enough to beat him out unquestionably. The starting QB needs to get in rhythm with the 1's and that can't be done in one drive or one quarter. My hope is Rosen is clearly better.

I think cake boy will be the starter when game 1 rolls around,

& I LIKE the fact that cake boy will start.

If Rosen lights it up and clearly beats him in PS that would be cool, but I don't see that happening.

Fitzpatrick has shown himself to be more than capable of winning games in the NFL.

Put it THIS way....

If Belichick was the coach, who do you THINK he would start?

Fitzpatrick has shown what he can do in the NFL already, Rosen has NOT.

Rosen has to clearly beat him out, & I don't think he can do that at this stage in his career.

I think cake boy will be the starter when game 1 rolls around,

& I LIKE the fact that cake boy will start.

If Rosen lights it up and clearly beats him in PS that would be cool, but I don't see that happening.

Fitzpatrick has shown himself to be more than capable of winning games in the NFL.

Put it THIS way....

If Belichick was the coach, who do you THINK he would start?

Fitzpatrick has shown what he can do in the NFL already, Rosen has NOT.

Rosen has to clearly beat him out, & I don't think he can do that at this stage in his career.

Cake Boy?

I think you have to get them both ready to play, and I would think Rosen needs more reps than Fitz to be "ready".

I doubt the decisions on who plays how much in preseason has been written in stone. I imagine it depends how much of the offense Josh can grasp, and how quickly.

I expect the camp work will be roughly equal, until JR hits a "wall". If/when that happens, the staff will have little choice but to go forward with the plan of Fitz being the starter for the foreseeable future.

I hope that is not the case.

Definitely need to see Rosen with all of the starters, before the subbing starts. I hope they have Fitz start a game then Rosen start the following week and rotate.

If it’s a True Qb competition you can go a couple ways, alternative them in consecutive games, alternate them every other two drives, let them get equal time with the rest of the starters..

Fitz starts. He goes 1st. quarter preseason game 1. 1st. quarter preseason 2.
1st. and 2nd. quarter and 1st drive 2nd. half preseason game 3.

Rosen plays total game 4 and majority of secondary time preseason games 1-3.

BTW the above is 100% guaranteed!

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

That's why I'm happy Rosen isn't the starter going into camp. I didn't want to see him getting the limited snaps that the starter gets and then seeing Fitzpatrick playing twice as many snaps with the second team.

If it’s a True Qb competition you can go a couple ways, alternate them in consecutive games, alternate them every other two drives, let them get equal time with the rest of the starters..

Spell check

It won't matter who the QB is if the coaching and scheme sucks like it has for awhile... whoever stands behind center needs a team in front of him and coaches flexible enough to make changes on the fly...That said I hope Rosen lives up to his billing and we can move forward addressing needs on the team that help him shine... We need to have a solid starter at QB not a stop gap

It won't matter who the QB is if the coaching and scheme sucks like it has for awhile... whoever stands behind center needs a team in front of him and coaches flexible enough to make changes on the fly...That said I hope Rosen lives up to his billing and we can move forward addressing needs on the team that help him shine... We need to have a solid starter at QB not a stop gap

Many people underestimate the importance of good coaching. Miami is WAY past due.

Back
Top Bottom