Preston Williams Continues To Shine! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams Continues To Shine!

He was essentially always that bad at OSU

Felt like my dog died when I saw he graduated to my college team to a draft pick for my nfl team

What's his deal? He looks like he has the physical tools is it just up stairs with him?

What's his deal? He looks like he has the physical tools is it just up stairs with him?

He does have the physical tools. That mixed w/ being consistent in the run game (strong word) and occasionally flashing in pass pro against big ten edge talent gives you intrigue. But gamers get the best of him almost every trip. Hes not an issue mentally, he was highly respected by players/coaches at OSU, just one of those guys you wanna see if you can coach the potential in to. I don’t think it will happen

Just keep in mind that a poor week of practices came only after Prince was generally graded as having done well in the preseason game.

So it's about consistency and doing what the coach tells you. Taking really hard coaching.

I saw moments when it was Isaiah Prince trying to coach up Tony Adams. That told me a lot about him, even while he was being spit-roasted by his OL Coach.

I remember another OL saying during post-practice interviews, if Coach isn't talking to you or yelling at you, that's when you have to be worried. I never saw Gugs say a word to Durval Queiroz. He knows that our Brazilian signee is going to be on practice squad all year. There's no urgency there.

Some guys, just based on the pecking order, it felt like they could find themselves cut any day now. I would include Reece Horn, Tony Adams, Kenneth Farrow, and Cory Thomas in there. They need to do something to stand out...quickly.

Just keep in mind that a poor week of practices came only after Prince was generally graded as having done well in the preseason game.

So it's about consistency and doing what the coach tells you. Taking really hard coaching.

I saw moments when it was Isaiah Prince trying to coach up Tony Adams. That told me a lot about him, even while he was being spit-roasted by his OL Coach.

I remember another OL saying during post-practice interviews, if Coach isn't talking to you or yelling at you, that's when you have to be worried. I never saw Gugs say a word to Durval Queiroz. He knows that our Brazilian signee is going to be on practice squad all year. There's no urgency there.

If that guy can ever develop into something serviceable that would be a huge win for this team. Clearly, he needs help in pass pro. But in the run game he's absolutely filthy!

Some guys, just based on the pecking order, it felt like they could find themselves cut any day now. I would include Reece Horn, Tony Adams, Kenneth Farrow, and Cory Thomas in there. They need to do something to stand out...quickly.

Based on assignments and what you saw out there can you shed anything on this Minkah situation at SS? It seems like he and his family want him to play more of a natural nickel/FS role exclusively.

I don't think there's any doubt Prince can be physically dominant from time to time
but yea -- it's all about consistency -- and the only justification I can make for us drafting
the kid was his projected upside. Right now he's a proverbial "project" and there ya go
yet another year without clearly defining some significant solutions on the OL.

Since the days of Shula we've been unendingly patching this unit.

Thanks for the post CK, great stuff

Any chance we pickup an offense lineman when teams make there cut to 53, any vet about to lose his job?...

Also think there is chance we sell Stills and could we get a 3rd round pick for him with the money he is making, are the optics of moving him now making it unrealistic, Preston Williams would sure look good starting the 1st game, is that even realistic. We have some good luck finding these receivers...it would be nice to keep both Williams and Irwin on the active roster.

I still find it amazing not one team besides the Fins took a chance on him

Teams are worried Williams will turn into the next Josh Gordon or Kareem Hunt. Talent was not the issue.

What I liked about Isaiah Prince in his play against the Falcons, was when he used his long arms, by extending them; to lock onto a defender and hold him at bay. He did that several times in pass pro. If he ever becomes more consistent at extending his arms like that, he'll develop into a useful NFL Offensive Lineman. Perhaps even starter material. He's already fantastic in the run game. Consistency is going to make or break this kids career.

Glad someone else is locked on to TRENTON IRWIN. He stood out to me as a rookie "old soul", just looking like he was already here 4 years. He is my offensive diamond in the rough, better not practice squad him or he's gone player. Gink is my defensive rook. If these guys get the reps, they will be standout players for years to come in miami. Obviously, Preston Williams is going to be team oroty but irwin just plays above his rook years, seems nfl mature already and can shine in several different situations.

A BIT ON ROSEN: There was an article hit the net right after we traded for him. It was going around pre draft how His coaches and some players really layed into the "he is an odd ball, guys cant relate to him" thing and they said it was just the opposite. The highlight though was his college coach saying," it takes him a while to pick up certain things at times or have it sink in but when it does, and he works until he masters it and then rarely makes the mistake again. Even his high school coach made us aware of this".

I have kept that in mind and i see this right now in his current short comings. He is dying to be able to read the defenses as fast as (the 15 year vet) fitzpatrick. The biggest thing for a person to correct a problem is realizing you have the problem, and he does. And i firmly believe he will conquer it!! All this body language and missing quick windows is him not being confident in his reads and WILL go away but only with reps on 1st team against 1st string defenders. I have seen enough and i think it will be a detriment having fitz start. Rosen needs this whole year for a real evaluation so coaches (and fans) can be truly informed and comfortable with the qb decison come april 2020. Unless rosen completely poops the bed the rest of pre season, he needs to stay with the starters from here on out so he can get the nfl speed worked out.

Look. If fitz is the plan to start, one thing i KNOW will happen, he will win just enough games to eliminate us from the prized qb' of the 2020 draft but not enough to get us in the playoffs. If ROSEN starts and they ride with him the whole season, let him take his lumps, dont jump on bringing fitz in after every loss because then i KNOW, playoffs or not, that coaches and fans will either know we have our guy or we will be in a position to draft one of the top qb's in 2020. Its a win win starting and keeping Rosen on the field this year, he shows us all after a FULL season he is the guy and we are set OR he isnt a winner and shows little or no growth at seasons end and we are in position for one of the qb's so many covet. Win-win with rosen starting the whole season.

He's rough around the edges, but I think there is a conscientious young man in there..I hope he’s got mentors on this team to help him when that south beach temptation hits hard..Jakeem and Albert and Kenny are really good hi character guys..hopefully they are taking good care of him teaching him it all can go away as fast as it came..

If he, clearly, remains healthy, he is going to be a major factor this season; not just as a receiver but in how defenses cover him - he will likely get double-coverage alowing for another wide out to be open...Parker or Stills as examples.

It's all good.

Based on assignments and what you saw out there can you shed anything on this Minkah situation at SS? It seems like he and his family want him to play more of a natural nickel/FS role exclusively.

Reshad Jones and T.J. McDonald were both out for the Tampa practices, and Bobby McCain is a FS. They have players like Jomal Wiltz who can step in and play slot. So it was necessitated. His mama took issue to him being called out on his play when he had to move there due to injuries.

Back
Top Bottom