Preston Williams | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

I think the big problem with Parker and Williams is that they can be legit number one receivers for one season like Parker was in 2019. But they can’t do it each and every year because of injuries or lack of ability or whatever. We need a guy who is clear number one receiver each and every year.

0 expectations. He is quite a talent, but cannot stay healthy and has been inconsistent when on the field. Maybe he puts it all together, but I can't imagine we are planning on relying too much on Williams this year. Unless injuries occur.

This is exactly why those that say we have 6 receivers etx aren’t getting. You CANNOT rely on Parker, Williams, Grant and even Fuller to make it through the full season. If that’s the case then it means you have no receivers. I personally as a GM would make sure I come out of the draft with at least 2 guys that can threaten for a starting role.

Usually...usually will be broken (mold) this year!
Receivers dont usually do what Smith did. I think if youre a team that's ready to win now, Smith is your guy. That dude will be most able to contribute right off the bat.
Waddle is more put together, physically and has an ultimately higher ceiling.
Kinda reminds me of when North Carolina (hoops) had Vince Carter and Antawn Jamison. Jamison was bigger and badder in college but we know how Vince Carter turned out (20 year career).

Receivers dont usually do what Smith did. I think if youre a team that's ready to win now, Smith is your guy. That dude will be most able to contribute right off the bat.
Waddle is more put together, physically and has an ultimately higher ceiling.
Kinda reminds me of when North Carolina (hoops) had Vince Carter and Antawn Jamison. Jamison was bigger and badder in college but we know how Vince Carter turned out (20 year career).
By your definition... Smith would be a 'need'. The type of player that you take because you must have immediate gratification, rather than eventual greatness.

Taking Smith would be the exact opposite of BPA.

I like Williams and Parker but every time I watch highlights of them I can’t help but see the glaring lack of YAC. We don’t have a single receiver capable of considerable yards after catch. So annoying.
I like him too. I like that he and Parker can go up and get balls. Adding Fuller will help take the top off of the D. As will a return of Wilson w respect to quick hitters w RAC if he comes back healthy. Then there’s the guy we draft (hopefully). And if only we could get Grant in space more...

Back
Top Bottom