Pretenders contenders in NHL playofffs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pretenders contenders in NHL playofffs

Slappy8800 said:
SWEET!

The two series' I am most interested in (Stars vs. Av's and Sharks vs. Preds) are both on TSN.

Man, with TSN getting full coverage this year there are a hell of a lot of games on TV...I like it.

The question I have is, will TSN and CBC be able to drag there HD units away from Pat Quinn...seeing as the Leafs are the only team that is EVER on in HD on either channel...that really bugs me.

The Jekyl and Hyde Flyers could just as easily beat the Sabres as they could get stomped by them in four games. Personally i think the Flyers will win the series in six games, that not being a homer opinion but that being the opinion of that if the Flyers play with an urgency, a determination, some toughness and more importantly some heart, then they will flatten the Sabres much like they did the Islanders in that 3rd period last night. However if the Flyers come out as usual, getting out hustled, getting out efforted then the series wont last five games and that "Hockey Hotbed" of Buffalo will march out of round one with a victory.

The Flyers penalty kill is very bad a home, but rock solid on the road which without home ice advantage against one of these "speedy" teams. Is always a very good sign, the Flyers are also a very, very good team when Peter Forsberg is in the playoffs, and obviously his health will be a factor on how well the Orange & Black do in the playoffs.

Personally, i was praying that the Devils beat the Canadiens because i did NOT want to face them in the first round. They've won 11 in a row, and although as they say streaks coming into the NHL playoffs are meaningless, they also say you dont want to come in flat either and with Marty playing his best hockey at Goalie right now i highly doubt they'll be coming out flat. I'd have love to have drawn the Rangers, because i think they're all but done this season. But it wasn't in the Cards and we were dealt the hand of the Sabres. A matchup that will be tough, but it's certainly winnable also.

Robert Esche aside from that Devils game on Sunday is playing the best Hockey he has all season. Now on Sunday he was recovering from the flu, which forced him out of saturdays game vs. the Rangers. So whether that caused his sub par play remains to be seen. But if he continues to play as well as he has of late and as well as he did in last years playoffs, the Flyers will breeze through the first round of the playoffs with ease.

dominizzo said:
Flyers in 6 bigggy time!! Forsberg is a GOD in the playoffs!! HE canmake a guy like Knuble get 12 golas in a series

If he remains Healthy then we will have no problem winning the series. The good news is it appears the Flyers will have an off day between each game in round 1 and back to back games shouldn't be a problem so we can rest Peter up and then have him show why his nickname is "Peter the Great" :wink:

What? Forsberg doesn't have some fake ticky-tacky injury to hide behind this time?

I won't make any predictions because when I do the Sabres do bad, but I do expect the Sabres to take the series.

Can't wait to see Afinogenov 1 on 1 with Hatcher or Rathje...LOL

dominizzo said:
Flyers in 6 bigggy time!! Forsberg is a GOD in the playoffs!! HE canmake a guy like Knuble get 12 golas in a series

:yeahthat:

The fact that you're agreeing with Dominizzo is usually a sign that you're dead wrong.

wazzy said:
Buffalo fans do you not realize even if you beat Philly they will physically beat your team down and Forsberg leadership and amazing play will drag out the series so you get beat down even more physically.

If you guys advance to the next round you better be praying that you beat Philly quick or else you might be a worn down team that will not go the long run!

If the officials call the games the same way they called them during the regular season I don't think Buffalo will have a problem with Philly. As much as I was worried about this Bettmen came out and said if officials do not call the games the same way they will be sent home and replaced. Anything can happen in the playoffs as anyone who has followed hockey in the past can see especially in the Eastern conference, but the idea that the backup goalie on the Sabres is better than Esche has me confident.

djfresh47 said:
If the officials call the games the same way they called them during the regular season I don't think Buffalo will have a problem with Philly. As much as I was worried about this Bettmen came out and said if officials do not call the games the same way they will be sent home and replaced. Anything can happen in the playoffs as anyone who has followed hockey in the past can see especially in the Eastern conference, but the idea that the backup goalie on the Sabres is better than Esche has me confident.

I hate Bettman! playoff hockey is suppose to be Canadian Hockey or even old style Hockey whichever one you want to call it. Bang up Griddiness with some hard hits if they make any type of BS calls and let this European junk style take over the playoffs I am going to be pissed!

Back
Top Bottom