Preview Mags. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preview Mags.

pigskinguy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I just picked up a couple preview Mags (Street & Smith's and pro Football Weekly) and both have a couple of disturbing things.
S&S claims the best RB in the AFC East is Curtis Martin.
"It's a tough call with Ricky Williams, but Martin has rushed for 1000 yards nine consecutive seasons."
I doubt you could find a single person who would rather have Martin instead of Ricky. C'mon.

PFW has a list of the top 25 players 25 years old and under plus an honorable mention list of 18 more. And how many Dolphins do you thin made that list? That's right, zero.
Not Chambers (25), not Boston (25), not McMichael (24).
That is whack.

"It's a tough call with Ricky Williams, but Martin has rushed for 1000 yards nine consecutive seasons."

LOL since Ricky's played all of 5 seasons it would be pretty hard for him to rush for 1000 yards in nine consecutive seasons.

I heard a lot of pessimistic veiws on the phins but these are insane. On a positive note, Duane Cross, the senoir writer for SI picked us to win it all.

Martin better than Ricky, what is this guy burning?
I hate all this guess work and not on team has even put pads on...none the less played even a pre-season game.

Since both Boston and Chambers missed making the list.....here are the WR that did......

Player Age

Santana Moss 25
Koren Robinson 24
Anquan Boldin 23
Andre Johnson 23
Justin McCareins 25
Charles Rogers 23
Javon Walker 25

Figure that list out guys!!

Charles Rogers? I guess I can see why they would select him over Chris Chambers in ranking. I mean when you compare the NFL statistics, the choice is obvious. For me though, I feel that Rashaun Woods is the better NFL receiver in the 25 and under category.

ABrownLamp said:
Charles Rogers? I guess I can see why they would select him over Chris Chambers in ranking. I mean when you compare the NFL statistics, the choice is obvious. For me though, I feel that Rashaun Woods is the better NFL receiver in the 25 and under category.

Ummm, yeah, except for the fact he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

pigskinguy said:
Since both Boston and Chambers missed making the list.....here are the WR that did......

Player Age

Santana Moss 25
Koren Robinson 24
Anquan Boldin 23
Andre Johnson 23
Justin McCareins 25
Charles Rogers 23
Javon Walker 25

Figure that list out guys!!

Seriously, would anyone take any of these guys over Chambers and/or Boston..........maybe Boldin, but that's it IMO

All the folks can say whatever they want--what have we proven in the last 4 years? Hate to be negative, but the fact remains. We can't win the big game, on the road, or in December. Until that changes, the writers can diss us all they want, because what do we have to back it up with?

I still love my Dolphins :rocker:

pigskinguy said:
I just picked up a couple preview Mags (Street & Smith's and pro Football Weekly) and both have a couple of disturbing things.
S&S claims the best RB in the AFC East is Curtis Martin.
I doubt you could find a single person who would rather have Martin instead of Ricky. C'mon.

Williams, Dillon, and Henry are all better than Martin at this point. Martin was the best in the division in '98, but his old wheels can't compare with those other three.

pigskinguy said:
Ummm, yeah, except for the fact he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

I think he was joking

Back
Top Bottom