Preview Mags. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preview Mags.

the preseason mags are good for one thing--to get ya excited about the upcoming year. That's it, the accuracy is an afterthought--I think they had the Patsies finishing 3rd or 4th in the ones that I bought...so

valleskey said:
All the folks can say whatever they want--what have we proven in the last 4 years? Hate to be negative, but the fact remains. We can't win the big game, on the road, or in December. Until that changes, the writers can diss us all they want, because what do we have to back it up with?

I still love my Dolphins :rocker:

What does that have to do with rating the best players 25 and under? :confused:

Yea ok

As much as I love the Dolphins.......and not that I'm afraid to go out on a limb for our boys..........I'll put up with the doubters, keep my mouth shut and let the Win Loss column speak for itself........actually i hope the negative reviews put some fire in the belly.......for the last couple of years the positive press did nothing for us except to force us to make excuses.......win the close ones and win the big one.....THAT will speak volumes.................GO PHINS!!!!

An enemy's viewpoint:

With the addition of Corey Dillon, I think the AFC East has the best running backs top to bottom of any division in the NFL. If you go by career, you have to hand the top spot to Martin simply on the basis of his longevity. The question is, has he lost anything due to his age? It's hard to spot any clear trend. He has never had less than a thousand yards in a season. That in itself is a pretty remarkable record. His yards per attempt dropped a little last season versus the prior two seasons. He averaged an even 4 yards per attempt. But in his entire career he has exceeded 4 yards per carry only three times. His season total yards last season was 1308.

Ricky Williams has the best single season of any RB in the AFC East, his monster 1853 yard season two years ago when he averaged a phenomenal 4.8 yards per carry. However, his other four seasons have been undistinguished in terms of yards per carry. He's averaged 3.5 twice and 4.0 twice. Since joining the Dolphins he's been the workhorse of the bunch, with 383 carries in 2002 and 392 carries in 2003.

Corey Dillon was very consistent until last season when he had only 541 yards. That seems to be because he ended up in Marvin Lewis' doghouse and got demoted more than anything else. He had a reasonable 3.9 yards per carry but only 138 attempts. In seven seasons he has had two seasons under 4.0 yards (3.9 twice). In his rookie year he matched Ricky Williams 4.8 per carry of two years ago and ran for a 4.6 yards per carry in two seasons. If you measure by yards per carry, Dillon is tops.

I don't think there is any reasonable grounds for maintaining Travis Henry is the best in the division, but his last two seasons were very solid. His numbers in 2003 were down a little, but when you consider he played a good part of the season with a cracked rib and or a cracked fibula, he did pretty darn well.

Probably, Ricky Williams has the most ability, and if everything turns out right for him he has the potential for the biggest season of the bunch, just like he had two years ago. However, they are all close enough that anyone of them, if his situation is ideal is capable of having the best season in the AFCE, if the others have anything less than ideal circumstances. That means Curtis Martin, with a good offensive line and a productive offence could have a better season than Ricky Williams running behind an average offensive line and an unimaginative offence.

pigskinguy said:
PFW has a list of the top 25 players 25 years old and under plus an honorable mention list of 18 more. And how many Dolphins do you thin made that list? That's right, zero.
Not Chambers (25), not Boston (25), not McMichael (24).
That is whack.

I too wondered that about Chambers when I picked up the PFW magazine last Tuesday & the explanation is simple, Chambers & Boston will both be 26 at the start of the season. I do think that McMichael should be in that list on honorable mentions but it's no big deal.

Lindy's seems to like our entire team with the exception of the QB position. Lindy's ranks our DL #2 in the NFL behind Carolina, our LB's #2 in the NFL behind Baltimore and our secondary #2 in the NFL behind NE. I thought that was pretty impressive.

i thought overall the PFW assesment was a good one. They had us 11-5 WC and 7th in their power ranikings. They picked the jets 6-10 4th in the AFC East and like 26th in power ranking

SMadison29 said:
I too wondered that about Chambers when I picked up the PFW magazine last Tuesday & the explanation is simple, Chambers & Boston will both be 26 at the start of the season. I do think that McMichael should be in that list on honorable mentions but it's no big deal.

Since I started this thread I looked into that as well (Chambers and Boston being 26 at the start of the season). And that MUST be the reason, because it is the only thing that makes sense.

That is probably the worst rating of players I've seen. :roflmao: Only anquan Boldin has put up numbers higher than Chambers or Boston, and that was only in one year. Did these magazines borrow their sports writers from Cosmo?

Mike and Mike in the morning today were quoting someone's article. I didn't catch the guy's name but he ranked the teams in the NFL. He also gave a little insight as to what each team's strengths and weaknesses are. Well we were listed at number 11, and instead of strengths, he focused on our weird offseason and uncertainty at QB. Also said we'd rely on RW again this year and our defense who normally fades at season's end. So much for positive crap to say for our Phins. As i've always said, screw it. Let them think what they think. These power rankings are all based on last year's teams anyway

Back
Top Bottom