Primetime talks to Miami! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Primetime talks to Miami!

I'd go for it if:

A- It could ever happen.
B- If the thought of him signing didn't disrupt the rest of our players.

I hope so, Ice. What Deion's trying is just a ridiculous attempt at manipulating roster rules.

Sanders is what makes CBS NFL Pregame Show interesting to watch IMO(that and the addition of DANNY BOY!).If he leaves and signs with the Raiders,I dont want want to listen to Boomer talk and talk..blah blah blah..Sanders is what keeps the show alive.I'll really feel bad for Dan if he has to sit and tolerate Bommer's yapping instead of Deion's aliveness.

Yeah, I just heard on ESPN that some team may ruin the Raiders chances and calim him off WAIVERS....I hope someone does it so my Raider friend can shut up.

Seriously I think the Dolphins could pull it off. The rumor out there is Sanders wants to play for a playoff contender, and Miami has been mentioned. So if we pulled him off waivers then the media won't initially think the dolphins did it just to block the Raiders. And from there, the coaches could talk to the players on the roster and just say hey listen, he's not disrupting anything. He's not even going to be active on the gameday roster if he's not up to par. Better yet, we're just using him as a return man. He would have to battle to become the dime CB before he could even dream of battling for the nickel CB job against Jamar Fletcher. And mainly, he's not on the Raiders or another AFC rival now (New England just lost starting CB Otis Smith for the year).

Then in the media and to Deion they could just turn around and say they think Deion can battle for some time in the secondary but aren't completely convinced that he's in shape. Or they can pull the Cris Carter thing, and say its gonna take "a couple of weeks" for him to get in playing shape.

By the way I find it kinda funny how much everyone here is against the Sanders stunt, when Cris Carter basically pulled the same thing and the Dolphins coaches accepted...I mean one of the main points I keep hearing against James McKnight is how he whined when Cris Carter was signed, and yet now everyone's like talkin about how cheap it would be if the Raiders got Sanders.

CK: I don't THINK he could play for the Dolphins, or anyone else for that matter, if claimed off waivers. Something about a 30-day waiting period.

I think the Raiders are counting on him going unclaimed, then signing him as a free agent.

<<By the way I find it kinda funny how much everyone here is against the Sanders stunt, when Cris Carter basically pulled the same thing and the Dolphins coaches accepted...I mean one of the main points I keep hearing against James McKnight is how he whined when Cris Carter was signed, and yet now everyone's like talkin about how cheap it would be if the Raiders got Sanders.>>

Actually its pretty different, when we signed carter we were like 6 weeks into the season and our #2 reciever went down for the year. Carter was a free agent along with a bunch of other recievers and we signed him. The raiders are trying to pick someone up for just the playoffs, thats just f'd up if u ask me, its like having michael jordan come out of retirement to join the lakers for the finals. Nothing against the rules, but just bad mojo. Someone will claim him before the faiders, probably KC or Den since they have some nasty rivalries and both may be playoff bound.

If Sanders signs with the Raiders, someone will lose their job that they have been working their ass off for all season. When Carter came here, someone who was injured was placed on IR. Carter didn't replace anyone. He is our 4th WR.

Looks like the Raiders aren't going to get him- from ESPN.COM:

Tuesday, December 24

Steelers, Titans block Raiders' attempt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

The Raiders will not land Deion Sanders.

At least two teams -- the Steelers and Titans -- put in waiver claims on Sanders before the 4 p.m. ET Tuesday deadline, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports.

The Broncos and Patriots also were considering putting in a claim. The Raiders, with a 10-5 record, are higher-seeded than all four of those teams, so Oakland would not have a shot since claims are awarded in inverse order of NFL standing.

The team that gets Sanders can simply put him on its reserved-retired list, if it so chooses.

The Redskins placed Sanders on waivers Monday, one day after Sanders disclosed that his lawyer and the Raiders had discussed bringing Sanders out of retirement to help Oakland's injury-depleted secondary.

In an interview with Westwood One's Jim Gray during halftime of the radio broadcast of the Steelers-Bucs game Monday night, Sanders said that the Packers also were interested in him returning. The Packers (12-3) have a better record than the Raiders, however, so Oakland almost certainly would put in a claim before the Packers.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Actually the Chargers just claimed him, just HAD to be an AFC west opponet, though i was hoping it'd be Denver just to piss off Al Davis :lol: :lol: :lol:

WE ARE DONE!!!

Gentlemen,
It doesn't matter, the PHINS are done! They are not gonna win on the road this weekend, I guarantee it, we are all setting ourselves up for the annual letdown!! This DEFENSE will make a MEDIOCRE BRADY look like MONTANA!! This defense is an enigma, they are the best D at home but a 1972 GREMLIN on the road when traveling out of the confines od PPS!! I just don't get it!! Don't get your hopes , I'm sure we will all be letdown this Sunday as the PATHETIC JETS will take the EAST!!! The sad thing about it is we have the defensive MVP and a possible MVP in RICKY!! It's utterly sickening!!! UGH!!!:yell: :yell:

Back
Top Bottom