Prisco Gets It Right! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco Gets It Right!

fin-atic said:
Brilliant writing. I think this is Prisco at his best.
Pitiful article. The only people being selfish with this are the fans, because their favorite team might not win, who cares if RW is happy.

We want him to suit up and get the crap beat out of him every week to make us happy. Grow the heck up. Football was his job, not his life.

If Miami is not capable of winning without RW then they were not going to win much anyway. Football is not a one man sport. Will it be harder for them? Yes. Is it the end of their season? Only if they let it be.

So RW retired. Big deal. Be happy for him and move on. I'm a Miami fan, not a RW fan. Just as I was not a Marino fan.

Miami only had him for two years and they regressed both years. They went to the playoffs with Smith but could not with RW. Why? Because Wanny always just handed the ball off to him. Never trying anything different. Just run RW left, run RW right and run RW up the middle.

Maybe now Miami might actually have to run and offense.

Also Kerry is pitiful.

Dphins4me said:
Pitiful article. The only people being selfish with this are the fans, because their favorite team might not win, who cares if RW is happy.

We want him to suit up and get the crap beat out of him every week to make us happy. Grow the heck up. Football was his job, not his life.

If Miami is not capable of winning without RW then they were not going to win much anyway. Football is not a one man sport. Will it be harder for them? Yes. Is it the end of their season? Only if they let it be.

So RW retired. Big deal. Be happy for him and move on. I'm a Miami fan, not a RW fan. Just as I was not a Marino fan.

Miami only had him for two years and they regressed both years. They went to the playoffs with Smith but could not with RW. Why? Because Wanny always just handed the ball off to him. Never trying anything different. Just run RW left, run RW right and run RW up the middle.

Also Kerry is pitiful.

VERY well said. All of it. The only thing I will add, is that although I am happy for ricky and that he is happy. The timing of his retirement was total CRAP and pretty horrible. He let down a lot of people that had faith in him. I am not only talking about his team mates, but think of all the kids that looked up to him!

Dphins4me said:
The only people being selfish with this are the fans

The fans are being selfish :roflmao: :fire: Are you smoking the same thing Ricky is? Ricky has a signed contract with the Dolphins, one which had not been fulfilled. Not only did he decide not to honor that contract, he decided that he would wait until the "business" was at a point where his "retirement" would be its most devastating, and did so without even a standard "two weeks notice".

Yeah, he wasn't selfish at all :shakeno:

Dphins4me said:

Also Kerry is pitiful.
Dolphin fans are selfish, and not Ricky?! You must me smoking something outta Ricky's stash. You dont think willingly signining a contract agreeing to work hard and play for this team for X many years, and then jujst abrubptly leaving isnt selfish? If he wants to retire, ill b dissapointed but I would understand where he was commming from. BUT U CANT JUST RETIRE 5 DAYS B4 TC! Why dont u Ricky supporters realize that we dont care he retired, we care tht he disscussed this with REPORTERS b4 he did with his TEAM, leaving ppl tht depended on him in a situation where there is almost nothing they can do. If you want to retire, you handle it like a professional and not just in the spur of the moment when its perfectly convient for u! He said hes been thinking about this for months, the leasts he could of done was tell Wanny and co. this.

You say football isnt a one-man sport, tht is true, but one man can make a HUGE difference in a teams succcsess. Just look at Mike Vick, or Chad Pennington. Chad is just speculation, but Mike Vick came back and went 4-1 i believe. He one mroe games when he was on the team, with only a few games then his team could for almost a whole season without him. Im not saying the Dolphins wont b good, but im also not saying they will. Right now, i have NO idea what to expect.

EDIT: Also too add on, are you saying u think the Colts would be successful without Peyton Manning. This is the ultimate team game, but one man can make a big diffrence.

Dphins4me said:

Also Kerry is pitiful.

What an idiot. Ricky took our money for two years, took his roaylties from his endorsments and the use of his likeness for two years. In exchange he owes it to fullfill his obligation or if he decides to go smoke hipp lettuce for the rest of hsi life, handle it like a man. His choice is not at issue. Screwing the team over for this year is the issue. And on top of that he did it by cell phone. He is no man.

You go find your karma with Ricky. If you were a fan of the team you would stick up for them when they get jacked like this.

Also, Say what you want about Kerry, but at least he didn' launch a false war based on lies to line his buddies pockets with oil money. He also is the first President since Hoover to actually have lost more jobs during his term than gain.

Enough about politics. It doesn't belong here. But I will gladly join you in the political forum and bash your BS right wing rhetoric into dust. Facts are on my side.

sorry for the long post in advance... needed to vent

I want two pounds of the leaf that all you Ricky supporters have been smoking. I understand the fact that every person has the right to be happy… but not at the cost of hundreds… make that thousands of other people. Maybe football doesn’t mean anything to him anymore… but there’s 52 (actually more but come reg season) other people on that roster that live, breath and bleed football. 52 other people that depended and trusted in him to help achieve their ultimate and life long goal. He probably just cost Wanny and Speilman their jobs if the phins flop this year… did he ever think about them?? He said something like “If people really cared about me then they would be happy for me.†Why in the hell should anyone care about him when he obviously didn’t give two craps about anyone else when he was making his decision. He may have a point that fans don’t care about him personally and from our standpoint maybe he shouldn’t feel bad for us… but there was an entire organization (that includes owners, coaches, players, etc.) that devoted a lot of money, picks, love, confidence and most importantly – trust into a person that would rather smoke trees in a tin shack because that makes him happy. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be happy… but happiness at the expense of others (especially people that depend on you) is the ultimate act of selfishness. Asia can keep him for all I care.

i didn't like the article for several reasons. pete prisco is amplifying one of the main problems with america: we somehow feel like our individualistic pursuit of more material possessions and wealth is the only possible way to be happy, and can't imagine anyone could or would live otherwise. the system is bankrupt. we have fractured families and rampant depression and malaise. daily we're programmed that we'll be happy as soon as we're able to get (fill-in-the-blank). get that, and soon you're told you need something more, that you're not quite there yet. more power to anybody with the guts to get out.

i agree that ricky should have honored his commitments. not to the business as much as to his teammates and his coaches. they're not the ones using him; they're the ones depending on him, and that's the big letdown. the timing was awful, but i don't agree that he was trying to screw the team. i'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for him.

as for prisco's example: the hypothetical 24-year-old running back sitting at home muttering or whatever, whether ricky plays or not has nothing to do with what he does with his life. do we keep doing something our heart's not in because somebody else wants to be doing it? if that were so, i'd be somewhere else and so medicated right now... it's all hypothetical anyway. use some fake example to create a feeling within your readers. that's happening a lot these days. how about the real example: somebody else (henry, russell) will make the team that would have been cut. somebody else gets a chance. that's not hypothetical, it's a fact: there's one more open space on an NFL roster. rather than focusing on hypothetical people with hypothetical jealousies and regrets, why not focus on a real person with a real dream and a real chance?

Well, I'm in between, I side with Kerry, Bush is a.... well, I'll save the colorful adjectives, and I understand Ricky. Kinda. I understand his walking away from the BS, from the fame/fortune that is obviously corrupting to a man of his spirituality. Though some may not understand or be able to relate, that's besides the point. I think Ricky has balls for doing this. For giving it up to find inner piece in this world of greed, hate and violence.

I do however, wish he could have found his path last week before Eddie was released. Maybe he was slow from the ganja?

As for the article, it's typical flame crap. It's so immature that I can't understand why he has a job. What happened to intelligent analytical writing? This article is all flamed opinion based on childish behaviors and written like a 15 who was dumped by his gorgeous girlfriend for the dorky kid that sits in the corner. Ricky is wierd because he wants to write his own book, walk his own path in life? He's weird because he's shy? Because he's not mr prefect?

So, I understand Ricky, I just think he could have done this with respect to others rather then placing his own path in front of him and forgetting those who followed him to get there.

Dolphanaholic said:
Prisco is a tool but...
No buts. You had it right the first time. That is a terrible piece and Prisco misses the point. Prisco is talking about what Ricky owes the fan -- f*** that. Ricky is doing what he wants with his damn life. Prisco is WHINING about it.

I'm jumping headfirst into a hornets' nest, I can tell already...

Personally, I'm not sure what Williams owes to the fans. We've received countless hours of quality entertainment either free (on TV) or for a reasonable price (at the stadium) in exchange for him doing irreparable harm to his body. As a Dolphins fan, I don't feel that Williams owes me anything.

But I do know precisely what he owes to his (former) teammates, coaches, and organization. He owes them a season's worth of blood, sweat and tears. And if he couldn't give that, it was his place to say so long ago. He owes them MUCH better than to call up one week before training camp and say "I quit". I could have lived with him retiring after the 2003 season was over. I would have been upset and shell-shocked, sure, but the team would have been able to adjust. It's not his retirement, but the timing of his retirement that brands him as a useless pile of crap.

The fans ticket money and purchase of hsi merchandise piad that salary and ganja lifestyle. Without the fans there woudl be no sports. We deservede a professional departure, not punk jumping on a jet and phoning in his resignation a week before camp. You gusy who think he owes us nothing remember this when we are losing games and can't run the ball.

Back
Top Bottom