Prisco Gets It Right! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prisco Gets It Right!

Ricky owes noone anything except an apology to his teamates and coaches who relied on him to this point to be totally surprised. Ricky certainly should not be playing football if he is not happy, but he should in no way do this to people who put so much investment into him and his teamates. the fans? well the fans buy the tickets and they certainly have a right to piss and moan, but Ricky is different and the only thing that will be wrong with this in the long haul is that he let alot of people down and the thought of even letting him come back would blow my mind now that we see the light on Ricky Williams.

So the anti-ricky fans would continue to do a job they hated just so that other people they worked with would be happy? Suckers

If Ricky was unhappy and wanted to retire to smoke weed he could have atleast had the decency to do it at a reasonable time. Why wait until the last moment after the offseason is over to decide to quit. Like most fans I just see the timing of this announcement as selfish. Why would he owe the Dolphins anything, they only renogiated his silly contract to give him money they think he deserves. It looks like the organization made a horrible decision giving this guy a chance.

finfan54 said:
Ricky owes noone anything except an apology to his teamates and coaches who relied on him to this point to be totally surprised. Ricky certainly should not be playing football if he is not happy, but he should in no way do this to people who put so much investment into him and his teamates. the fans? well the fans buy the tickets and they certainly have a right to piss and moan, but Ricky is different and the only thing that will be wrong with this in the long haul is that he let alot of people down and the thought of even letting him come back would blow my mind now that we see the light on Ricky Williams.
The fans have a right to piss and moan. They have a right to expect a certain product since they buy that product. However, Ricky isn't selling it. Ricky is it, and he decided he doesn't wish to be anymore. That's his right. I think you might be right about apologizing to his teammates, but that is for them to decide, not you or I. That really is nothing more than professional courtesy, and there isn't some written or unwritten law that he must provide it. Again, it is his choice. It isn't the middle of the season, or the the eve before a big game. It isn't Ricky's responsibility to help his team STAFF his replacement. If this was a Pats player, I would be upset, but I wouldn't blame the player. It isn't logical. I would want to be able to make a decision without having the world look over my shoulder and comment on it. Too often, as fans we take the team's perspective, rarely do we put ourselves in the position of the player.

Prisco's article represents about 75% of us fin fans... Ricky doesn't owe me personally a damn thing, Im a Ny fin fan for just 10 years who doesn't have season tickets... I go to every Jets-Fins game in the meadowlands... But he owes it not only to the other men on the dolfin roster and staff but the countless floridian fans who've been there forever, and who's passion in life is waking up early sunday, catching a mass and then going to the game... cheers to u ricky, u irresponsible f*ckin dopehead...

That sums it up pretty much.In the future we should pay attention to personality disorders before trading for players who have them no matter how much talent they have.(Is Boston next).Those disorders dont go away.They can only be controlled.Its like a ticking time bomb.

Dolphanaholic said:
Prisco is a tool but I think he hits it on the head with this article
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7523844

This article isn't just opinion, what he wrote is a blatant fact.
Prisco hit the nail right on the head on a number of issues.

I knew there would be some bleeding hearts on here telling everyone that no one has a right to be upset and let down.
What a joke.

All I can say is that if you have a mindset like Ricky Williams I'm glad you are not a part of any work or family team I would be relying upon to achieve a goal or just flat out watch my back. If you can relate to what he has done then you are not a man that can be relied upon to back up your word either.

This might be the best quote ever. Actually, i'm going to copy it, and everytime someone writes some hippie-wuss post about Ricky finally being free, i'll paste it.

Williams is also selfish. Making this kind of decision a week before the Dolphins were to open training camp makes anything Terrell Owens did seem trivial. This is a quitter, a guy who bailed on his teammates as they were readying to make a Super Bowl push. That's the ultimate insult.

volk said:
The fans are being selfish :roflmao: :fire: Are you smoking the same thing Ricky is? Ricky has a signed contract with the Dolphins, one which had not been fulfilled. Not only did he decide not to honor that contract, he decided that he would wait until the "business" was at a point where his "retirement" would be its most devastating, and did so without even a standard "two weeks notice".

Yeah, he wasn't selfish at all :shakeno:
If you believe that NFL contract are to be honored then, wake up man.
Did Tenn honor Eddie Georges contract? Teams do not honor their side. If a player is not playing up to his deal then they get cut. So why should a player feel the need to honor the contract also.

For some reason everyone thinks RW knew what he was going to do. Many a player has retired on the eve of a camp. RW probably thought he was going to play one last season until the time actually came to suit up. Then he just did not have the heart to do it, and I'm not sure why so many fans want a player out there giving a half hearted effort anyway. Football is a sport where you have to love it to play it. No other sport gives the abuse that football does..

Yes fans are being selfish. They want RW to care about them, but none seem to care about him. They only care what RW can do for them, and that is one of the reason RW is walking away.

Yes, his timing sucks. However I believe if RW was the only player capable of playing for Miami to win then the season was not going to a very good season.

Its going to be harder for Miami to win, but it can be done. They never went to the playoffs with RW. They got worse both years. Miami's O will be more balanced this year now rather than run Ricky somewhere.

FinFan24 said:
Dolphin fans are selfish, and not Ricky?!
We are not talking someone simply wanting more money. RW wants to do other things with his life. You only get one life and to do something you do not want to do is asinine.

FinFan24 said:
You must me smoking something outta Ricky's stash. You dont think willingly signining a contract agreeing to work hard and play for this team for X many years, and then jujst abrubptly leaving isnt selfish?
Oh please do not hand me this contract stuff. This is the second post with that comment. Why are you not whining when NFL teams do not honor contracts? Ask Eddie George about teams honoring signed deals. But that is different, I guess.

NFL contract are hardly worth the paper they are printed on.

FinFan24 said:
If he wants to retire, ill b dissapointed but I would understand where he was commming from. BUT U CANT JUST RETIRE 5 DAYS B4 TC! Why dont u Ricky supporters realize that we dont care he retired, we care tht he disscussed this with REPORTERS b4 he did with his TEAM,
BS. The same people that are upset today would have been tick if he would have said he was leaving last Feb. He told teammates back in June that he was thinking about it. They all laughed. Not his fault no one listened.

Why is it people have to label each other. I simply understand not wanting to get your head bashed in. Football is not an easy sport to play. You stay hurt. If your heart is not in it then why should anyone want to put their body through it.

FinFan24 said:
leaving ppl tht depended on him in a situation where there is almost nothing they can do. If you want to retire, you handle it like a professional and not just in the spur of the moment when its perfectly convient for u! He said hes been thinking about this for months, the leasts he could of done was tell Wanny and co. this.
Hell, at least RW called. Barry Sanders had his daddy do it.

As for thinking about it for months. I believe he was planning on leaving after the season, but I also think the drug testing had some influence also.
Once you start thinking about leaving then staying is just that much harder.

Kinda like looking for a new car. Once you start looking then nothing will do until you get one.

FinFan24 said:
You say football isnt a one-man sport, tht is true, but one man can make a HUGE difference in a teams succcsess. Just look at Mike Vick, or Chad Pennington. Chad is just speculation, but Mike Vick came back and went 4-1 i believe. He one mroe games when he was on the team, with only a few games then his team could for almost a whole season without him. Im not saying the Dolphins wont b good, but im also not saying they will. Right now, i have NO idea what to expect.,
Sure, because their team did not have capable backups. That is the GM's fault. I'll give you Kurt Warner and Tom Brady as backups that stepped in for an injury and won SB's.

This is only the end of the season if Miami lets it be. Frankly I'm hoping this is something the team can rally around and use it to modivate them all year. Everyone knows everything else has not worked. Now no one expects them to do anything. Great thing to build on.

RW retiring will hurt Miami, however its up to the rest of the team to decide what type heart they have.

FinFan24 said:
EDIT: Also too add on, are you saying u think the Colts would be successful without Peyton Manning. This is the ultimate team game, but one man can make a big diffrence.
Would completely depend on who the backup is. If the GM did his job and had a solid backup, then Indy could still march on.

Dolphinizzle said:
Williams is also selfish. Making this kind of decision a week before the Dolphins were to open training camp makes anything Terrell Owens did seem trivial. This is a quitter, a guy who bailed on his teammates as they were readying to make a Super Bowl push. That's the ultimate insult.

What I can't believe is that Prisco had Super Bowl push and Dolphins in the same sentence :jawdrop: Now that is really good writing finally from him!!

fin-atic said:
What an idiot.
When you start off a post with a personal attack, then I already know your opinion is weak.

fin-atic said:
Ricky took our money for two years, took his roaylties from his endorsments and the use of his likeness for two years. In exchange he owes it to fullfill his obligation
So how long does a player have to play to fullfill your opinion of him meeting his obligation, because you purchased his jersey? What do you think his obligation is? He got paid for two years of work. That is where his obligation ends.

fin-atic said:
or if he decides to go smoke hipp lettuce for the rest of hsi life, handle it like a man. His choice is not at issue. Screwing the team over for this year is the issue. And on top of that he did it by cell phone. He is no man.
Is he the only player on the Dolphins? If anyone on the Phins was counting soley on RW taking them anywhere, then I say. Do it yourself and do not wait for me to do it for you.

Do tell me just where RW has taken them since he arrived? No where. They went to the playoffs with Smith running the ball, but have missed the past two with RW running. Maybe Wanny needs to balance the offense.

fin-atic said:
You go find your karma with Ricky. If you were a fan of the team you would stick up for them when they get jacked like this.
Well I was right about your opinion.

Why am I the only one that was expecting this from RW? It has been written all over his actions since he came into the NFL. Why would anyone expect him to stick around for 10 to 14 years?

I knew RW was going to do this(Not this year). I was hoping Miami would get 5 years from RW, but this did not surprise me one bit. Meaning I knew RW would never be playing a long time in the NFL. He simply never loved it.

fin-atic said:
Also, Say what you want about Kerry, but at least he didn' launch a false war based on lies to line his buddies pockets with oil money. .
There are four independent sources that say there was no lying by President Bush and British Prime Minister Blair regarding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. The 9/11 Commission, the Senate Intelligence Committee, Lord Butler's British investigation and Vladimir Putin have all stated that the WMD intelligence was faulty, but the politicians did nothing untoward.

You were saying?

fin-atic said:
He also is the first President since Hoover to actually have lost more jobs during his term than gain..
You sure about that?

fin-atic said:
Enough about politics. It doesn't belong here. But I will gladly join you in the political forum and bash your BS right wing rhetoric into dust.
Just because I said Kerry is pitiful does not make me right wing. You cannot even get a straight answer out of Kerry on what type vehicle he drives, much less something important That is why I think he is pitiful.

However I can already tell you are not worthy of discussing this with since you obviously only listen to the Dem. attack dogs and have to start the name calling before even talking with me. You obviously cannot have a mature discussion without the junior high name calling. Not worth my time.

I'm betting you probably went to see 9/11 and actually believed what he was shoveling.

I'm not a huge Bush supporter. However since the American people will not allow more than two men to actually have a chance to be Pres. then Bush is the lesser of two evils. (I'd rather vote for the man I think is the best instead of the lesser of two evils.) Its a shame that we only get two canidates to vote for.

I will not respond to anything else you have to say on politics. I just thought it was pitiful that you feel the need to bring politics into a football message forum with your logo in your sig.

fin-atic said:
Facts are on my side.
Here is your facts. 138.5 million working in America. Never before has that level been attained.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/2/25/171833.shtml

fin-atic said:
The fans ticket money and purchase of hsi merchandise piad that salary and ganja lifestyle. Without the fans there woudl be no sports. We deservede a professional departure, not punk jumping on a jet and phoning in his resignation a week before camp.
You deserve jack sh-t. You paid to watch him perform. He performed. End of it. Beyond that he owes you nothing.

If you purchased his jersey (I did, plus a onesie for my son) You may want him to owe you but the simple fact is he does not. RW did not make you purchase that jersey. You did it on your own free will.

fin-atic said:
You gusy who think he owes us nothing remember this when we are losing games and can't run the ball.
If Miami cannot run the ball then that is not because of RW. Its because the players are not doing their job blocking. Denver lost Davis. They brought in Gary. Then Andersen. Then Portis. Indy lost James. They brought in Rhodes. All rushed for over 1000 yards.

Miami can do it also, if they get the blocking.

Again I ask. Just what has Miami done since RW arrived? Missed the playoffs twice.

Man I've been around these boards for a while, and while I disagree with Fin-Atic's more negative statements alot, he would be the first one here I would want on my side in a debate. These guys don't know what they are getting into.

Back
Top Bottom