Private workouts/Drafting a QB on Saban's mind ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Private workouts/Drafting a QB on Saban's mind ?

Will we draft a QB ?

• One of the top two with our first pick

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • A second tier QB on the first day.

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • In the lower rounds

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
KB21 said:
Lefors is a late round to undrafted free agent type. He's too small and will never be anything more than a third string quarterback in the NFL.

Same size as Brees....Keith....and Brees took the chargers into the playoffs....wait until they get Edwards.

KB21 said:
Lefors is a late round to undrafted free agent type. He's too small and will never be anything more than a third string quarterback in the NFL.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round....nothing wrong with being a late draft pick....especially if your a QB.

Its amazing.92 pct of FH thinks we will draft a QB and 70 pct think it will be a first day pick.

It wasnt too long ago that the predominant opinion was that AJ.Feeley was our QB and that we did not need to draft another one.

How can he have dropped down so low in our estimation without having played a down since the end of the season ?

CrunchTime said:
Its amazing.92 pct of FH thinks we will draft a QB and 70 pct think it will be a first day pick.

It wasnt too long ago that the predominant opinion was that AJ.Feeley was our QB and that we did not need to draft another one.

How can he have dropped down so low in our estimation without having played a down since the end of the season ?

Well I'm glad to say I'm one of the few that doesn't think the Dolphins will draft a QB early and if Saban keeps to what he said...will look for a QB late to develop.

fishypete said:
Well I'm glad to say I'm one of the few that doesn't think the Dolphins will draft a QB early and if Saban keeps to what he said...will look for a QB late to develop.

Soneone like LeFors ? I dont know .I always thought he was under 6' but the combines proved he was that size.He is a fiery competitor but he has a suspect arm and I dont think he will make it in the NFL.But I could be wrong and you can come back to gloat if you are right.

CrunchTime said:
Soneone like LeFors ? I dont know .I always thought he was under 6' but the combines proved he was that size.He is a fiery competitor but he has a suspect arm and I dont think he will make it in the NFL.But I could be wrong and you can come back to gloat if you are right.

I would hope I wouldn't have to gloat...I'd just be happy. Lefors is a long shot...but he has everything except the height....but neither does Brees...so I don't see why Lefors couldn't with time play as well as Brees. Considering the Dolphins, Seattle and Washinton had him for a private workout...they must feel he's got something that makes him worthy.

KB21 said:
Nick is certainly covering his bases, and he's sending out all sorts of signals that he may not think AJ is the guy to lead this team into the future.

So far, Miami has shown a great deal of interest in Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye, and David Greene......probably the top five quarterbacks in the draft.

Miami has also shown a lot of interest in Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, and Ciatrick Fason.....probably the top four runners in the draft.

Miami has shown interest in both Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams while showing some interest in other receivers like Reggie Brown, Matt Jones, and Fred Gibson.

He is certainly doing his due diligence in this process, making damn sure he has the right guy.

The trade down theory is certainly one that will be explored. Running backs tend to drop some on draft day, and Nick can likely trade down to the 7th or 8th pick while still getting one of the Auburn runners, or possibly even Cedric Benson. I believe Minnesota, Arizona, and San Diego will be calling Miami with interest in that pick.

I'm not convinced that he is looking because he doesn't think that AJ is the guy, I would guess that he is looking and covering all of his bases in case we trade down and pick up later picks. It would also be helpful to scout all of your bases in the case that someone drops to a lower round. Either way, there is no doubt that Nick will go into draft day knowing everything that he can about everyone that even may be of interest to miami. I would look for us to pick up a few steals in the draft.

CrunchTime said:

I think that a lot of it comes from hearing all of the good things about the QBs in the draft. Suddenly a QB that has been in some NFL games that has struggled in his year of starting, looks worse than a QB that hasn't thrown any picks in the NFL. By way of not playing, they probably look better in a lot of peoples minds. When these QBs struggle in their first year, people will probably feel differently. All that said, I do think that if the opp. presents itself, it would be beneficial to draft a QB in the first day (not first pick) just in case AJ continues to struggle and does not show the potential that I feel he has. It would also be nice to have a back up that can come in and be a potential starter. I don't think Gus or Sage could potentially be franchise QBs. If we draft one in a later round, we could groom him and have a future replacement for AJ if needed.

Back
Top Bottom