Pro Football Weekly on draft picks for Ogunleye | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Weekly on draft picks for Ogunleye

KeyHawk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
PFW's response is what's causing the debate at our Seahawks forum. That's the going question: is Ogun that good or did he mainly benefit from Taylor. My answer is both. It's kind of like asking---- was Jerry Rice that good, or did he benefit from Montana? (heard that on MNF).

Big D, Cali: Will a team be willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd to sign Dolphins DE Ogunleye(a RFA)?

Trent Modglin (PFW): Very, very doubtful. Ogunleye had a standout season, but I'm guessing GMs would like to see more out of him before spending that type of coin, especially considering how you naturally benefit from the attention paid to Jason Taylor on the other side.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4664

Key

Originally posted by KeyHawk
PFW's response is what's causing the debate at our Seahawks forum. That's the going question: is Ogun that good or did he mainly benefit from Taylor. My answer is both. It's kind of like asking---- was Jerry Rice that good, or did he benefit from Montana? (heard that on MNF).

Big D, Cali: Will a team be willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd to sign Dolphins DE Ogunleye(a RFA)?

Trent Modglin (PFW): Very, very doubtful. Ogunleye had a standout season, but I'm guessing GMs would like to see more out of him before spending that type of coin, especially considering how you naturally benefit from the attention paid to Jason Taylor on the other side.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4664

Key

I doubt any team will give up a #1 for O-Gun. If they do I believe Miami jumps at it.
You're are right, there is always a "cause and effect" when it comes to player interaction. Is O-Gun that good? Yes! but a 1st rd pick???? Naw.

BB

i think we'll get a 1st and 3rd but probably from teams like philly or n.e. as they have the money and the picks to spare for a player like og

O-Gun not worth a first round pick???....Finally..... somebody else can get accused of smoking too much chronic...

There are a few DEs projected to go in the first Round (Will Smith, and Kenechi Udeze) in this years draft, but I don't think any of them are as good as Ogunleye, so why isn't he worth a first round pick??

Originally posted by inFINSible
O-Gun not worth a first round pick???....Finally..... somebody else can get accused of smoking too much chronic...

:bong: Your turn....you will see what I mean.

BB

hes definately worth a #1....maybe not a 1 and a 3, but most definately a 1. Some teams gonna see that and sign him.

I think if Miami really wants to dangle him they should tender him at the first round level only. The 3rd round pick would be nice but I doubt teams will want to add that in there.

Its hard to say who will go after Ogun or if anyone will at all. But going after RFAs has become popular recently so the possibility is there. Still having Ogun on the line like guarantees us a dominant DL (if we get one more stud to go at DT like Darnall Dockett it would be the best in the league), and having a great DL helps your team in sooooo many ways.

The last two years in a row basically at LEAST one team has made it to the super bowl based on the strength of their DL. The Buccaneers and the Panthers. Heck the Ravens had that ultra strong DL too, with the Goose and Sam Adams, McCrary and Burnett playing as well as they ever did in their careers. The DL is the most important facet of our D. It keeps the OL off our smaller faster linebackers, and adds pressure so that our man coverage at WR can't get toasted.

Ogunleye is worth at least a 1st, no doubt.

I believe in the last few seasons, no one around his age has outproduced him in terms of sacks. The only one due to outpace him is Dwight Freeney..and let's be frank..He is a liability against the run, moreso then most top speed rushers.

Scouts want to see more out of him? What more? He had 9 1/2 sacks, then 15 sacks. You can name on one hand people who have done more in that timeframe.

I Don't think a late first rounder is worth 66 Tackels and 15 sacks. Miami should put the franchise tag on him or better yet try to sign him long term. I don't think anything over the 15th pick is worth it for Ogun. Ogun is hard to handle and was often double teamed while Taylor was single teamed.

If we don't get what we want as far as draft picks, then he comes back. If teams would rather gamble on a draft pick as opposed to signing someone who's already doing it, then so be it.

I'm sorry, but OGun's production so far is OFF THE CHARTS!
....and history dictates a prosperous future wherever he goes.

In college his production was 37 starts and 34 sacks!
Pros...
16 starts, 9.5 sacks in 2002
16 starts, 15 sacks in 2003

Was Jason Taylor with him in college too? :rolleyes:

Definate first round talent there!
However, if I were GM, I wouldn't even dangle him....pay the man!

The question (first and a third) is Ogunleye's proven talent level up against the value of a relatively cheap salary and amateur skill of........

Jamar Fletcher and Travis Minor
or
John Avery and Kenny Mixon
or
Yatil Green and Jason Taylor
or
Daryl Gardener and Karim Abdul Jabbar
or
OJ Mcduffie and Terry Kirby

Because that is what a team is giving up with a late round first and third.

Back
Top Bottom