Pro Football Weekly on draft picks for Ogunleye | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Weekly on draft picks for Ogunleye

I do not think the Phins can get a 1st & 3rd. But they should be able to get a 1st for him. It could be a good pick (TOP 15). JT did help out.....and so did sam, pat, tim, zach, etc....you get the point. Just because JT is there does not mean that a DE can come in get 10+ sacks. You have to earn it. He has good moves and a strong leg drive. That is why he will be gone....:(

DE if he leaves.....N. Adibi...VA TECH....if he falls to the 3rd round.
:)

IF HE DOES LEAVE!!!!

The Phins have to replace him with another good DE.

The DB's are relying on the DE's to make the QB make a bad pass....throw early....think about getting killed on the deep ball....etc...

Without another good DE....Sam & Pat will be getting beat more often....Because Marion & Knight can not run like the wind....lol

Could be bad news for the style of D the Phins play if he is gone....They might try to redo some deals and sign him to a long term....That would be okay...with me!!!..lol...

I would love to keep Ogunleye. I don't think he could be quite as productive elsewhere but that makes him no less valuable to US because he's shown he can be this productive here.

What we need to do is keep him and add a passrush presence at DT like Darnell Dockett. Can't overestimate how much a real forceful DL can do for a defense, and a team. Thats where it all starts basically...making the plays that turn games.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
IF HE DOES LEAVE!!!!

The Phins have to replace him with another good DE.
we spend loads of dough on our DE w/o OGun with JT making like 8 mil and J Will and D Bo both over 1 mil. If OGun leaves, we draft some players on O and use the money leftover to get more talent O. This team can take a small step back on D if we can get a balanced in doing so, we will get somewhere further than out of the playoffs

I don't know if PFW realizes this but only Jason Taylor, Michael Strahan, & Simeon Rice have had more sacks than Ogunleye the past two years. Two years, not one, so he isn't a one year wonder.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I would love to keep Ogunleye. I don't think he could be quite as productive elsewhere but that makes him no less valuable to US because he's shown he can be this productive here.

What we need to do is keep him and add a passrush presence at DT like Darnell Dockett. Can't overestimate how much a real forceful DL can do for a defense, and a team. Thats where it all starts basically...making the plays that turn games.

Randy Starks is better...By the time the draft rolls around, Starks will be the first DT taken..

Must be Peerless Price was the benefit of drew and Moulds.:lol: cus he sucks now!

They should ask the RT's who played against Ogun. How was it going against the prince? I bet you'll find they say, 'he's the real deal'.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think if Miami really wants to dangle him they should tender him at the first round level only. The 3rd round pick would be nice but I doubt teams will want to add that in there.

Its hard to say who will go after Ogun or if anyone will at all. But going after RFAs has become popular recently so the possibility is there. Still having Ogun on the line like guarantees us a dominant DL (if we get one more stud to go at DT like Darnall Dockett it would be the best in the league), and having a great DL helps your team in sooooo many ways.

The last two years in a row basically at LEAST one team has made it to the super bowl based on the strength of their DL. The Buccaneers and the Panthers. Heck the Ravens had that ultra strong DL too, with the Goose and Sam Adams, McCrary and Burnett playing as well as they ever did in their careers. The DL is the most important facet of our D. It keeps the OL off our smaller faster linebackers, and adds pressure so that our man coverage at WR can't get toasted.

I agree about the DL as a key. I think its the key to any defense.

But, the same could be said for the OL on offense.

And, we could add two STUD DT's to go with Taylor and Ogun, and I don't think our record would change much at all with the offense we have.

At some point, you have to take a risk, look at the fact that we do have good depth at DE with Williams and D. Bowens, and realize that we have, arguably, the WORST OL in the league. At least in the bottom 7 or so. So, I would sacrifice him, given our depth there, in order to improve our OL/WR or QB positions.

BB...not worth a first round pick???

O-gun is solid...he had a good year in 2002 and a great year in 2003...plus he's going to the Probowl.

He has proven himself and if he never got injured (broken leg...I think) he would have been a 1st or 2nd round pick. He was great in Indiana.

He's got more sacks than your whole Pats D-Line...ya I know what you'll say...but my Pats are in the SB.

A team will be willing to give up a 1st for proven talent than take a risk at some college player who may not produce.

If a team really needs a DE who can pressure the QB and play against the run...they will give up a 1st no doubt...and you'll see what I mean!!!

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom