You sit on a throne of lies!
Reaction score

Bitching

Bitched

Bitchcakes

****er

****ing

****hole

Why does one set of these words work differently than the other? Just curious...

Actually, while I'm at it, why is it that ****** is blocked? I'm going to spell it out... r-e-t-a-r-d.

I find that word is sometimes very useful in conversation in a sense that is manifestly inoffensive. My question here is that if it has to stay blocked, is it okay to spell it out as above when using it in the clearly nonoffensive sense?

Jimmy James said:
Actually, while I'm at it, why is it that ****** is blocked? I'm going to spell it out... r-e-t-a-r-d.

I find that word is sometimes very useful in conversation in a sense that is manifestly inoffensive. My question here is that if it has to stay blocked, is it okay to spell it out as above when using it in the clearly nonoffensive sense?
maybe you could just use a different word. such as mentally handicapped?

culpepper2chambers said:
maybe you could just use a different word. such as mentally handicapped?

Actually, that's not the clealy inoffensive sense. The inoffensive use is any one of the following:

- When you use regular gas in a car that recommends premium, the knock sensor ******s the timing.

- While the second tanker truck was somewhat successful in ******ing the spread of the fire, it was not until the third truck began spraying that the fire was under control.

- While the Clinton administration achieved budget surplusses, the national debt continued to grow. It is true that his fiscal policy ******ed the growth of the national debt, though.

Jimmy James said:
Actually, that's not the clealy inoffensive sense. The inoffensive use is any one of the following:

- When you use regular gas in a car that recommends premium, the knock sensor ******s the timing.

- While the second tanker truck was somewhat successful in ******ing the spread of the fire, it was not until the third truck began spraying that the fire was under control.

- While the Clinton administration achieved budget surplusses, the national debt continued to grow. It is true that his fiscal policy ******ed the growth of the national debt, though.

When referred to a thing--not offensive.
When referred to a person--offensive.

Reverend Fin said:
When referred to a thing--not offensive.
When referred to a person--offensive.

I don't think it's always offensive even when directed toward a person.

"That ******," almost always would be.

"You're ******ed," usually is.

"I work with mentally ******ed children," generally isn't.

"She suffers from mental ******ation," almost never is.

Jimmy James said:
I don't think it's always offensive even when directed toward a person.

"That ******," almost always would be.

"You're ******ed," usually is.

"I work with mentally ******ed children," generally isn't.

"She suffers from mental ******ation," almost never is.
i dont think some says "I work with mentally ******ed childern". i think they tend to say "I work with mentally ill children".

EBMisfit said:
I can't remember in which thread this happened, but I also noticed that **** sapien gets blocked as well.

lol. hold on...

load of crap

well, that works

Back
Top Bottom