Profootballtalk: Kyler Murray's Combine Interviews Draw Some Negative Reviews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Profootballtalk: Kyler Murray's Combine Interviews Draw Some Negative Reviews

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
“He better hope Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good,” Casserly said. “These were worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback and I’ve been doing this a long time. . . . Leadership — not good. Study habits — not good. The board work — below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas, raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do.”

I wish I knew which teams said that about him.

ProFootballTalk: Kyler Murray's Combine interviews draw some negative reviews
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ombine-interviews-draw-some-negative-reviews/

“He better hope Kingsbury takes him No. 1 because this was not good,” Casserly said. “These were worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback and I’ve been doing this a long time. . . . Leadership — not good. Study habits — not good. The board work — below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas, raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ombine-interviews-draw-some-negative-reviews/

And some more....
ProFootballTalk: Taking a closer look at Charley Casserly's "report" regarding Kyler Murray
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rley-casserlys-report-regarding-kyler-murray/

And some more....
ProFootballTalk: Taking a closer look at Charley Casserly's "report" regarding Kyler Murray
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rley-casserlys-report-regarding-kyler-murray/

I have zero idea whether Casserly is telling the truth, but this rebuttal is everything that is wrong with journalism, sports or otherwise. Basically, it's a sports journalist saying that Casserly's information can't be trusted because he doesn't have the secret journalist decoder ring that is only given out if you go to the super special journalism school. Utter nonsense.

Casserly has been doing this for a long time, and is very familiar with how the draft evaluation process works, who would know what, etc. Again, it's very possible that he has some sort of other agenda and perhaps he's intentionally exaggerating things for clicks (of course journalists would never do that). It has nothing to do with him somehow not following "journalistic practices" which is just another way of saying doing enough to make sure you can't get sued for libel.

Hint: the team whose owner and head coach seem to get their hair cuts at the same place.

I have zero idea whether Casserly is telling the truth, but this rebuttal is everything that is wrong with journalism, sports or otherwise. Basically, it's a sports journalist saying that Casserly's information can't be trusted because he doesn't have the secret journalist decoder ring that is only given out if you go to the super special journalism school. Utter nonsense.

Casserly has been doing this for a long time, and is very familiar with how the draft evaluation process works, who would know what, etc. Again, it's very possible that he has some sort of other agenda and perhaps he's intentionally exaggerating things for clicks (of course journalists would never do that). It has nothing to do with him somehow not following "journalistic practices" which is just another way of saying doing enough to make sure you can't get sued for libel.

Casserly has never been competent in any of his roles. He deserves all the criticism he gets.

Of course they do. Everything he does for the next 7 weeks is going to draw gushing praise or heavy critisism.

I mentioned in the combine thread it could have been that he got a promise from Arizona so he didnt take the rest of the process seriously (that happens a lot in basketball)

That's a good point. I saw someone mention that one reason teams interview QB's who are out of reach is to let their DC's try to get a better understanding of the player. It's a smart play by the teams, but if you're a QB who knows you'll be out of their range it's wise to not show your hand.

That's a good point. I saw someone mention that one reason teams interview QB's who are out of reach is to let their DC's try to get a better understanding of the player. It's a smart play by the teams, but if you're a QB who knows you'll be out of their range it's wise to not show your hand.

Speculation for sure. If he impressed the Cards that's all that matters and if he had a bad interview with other teams that sucks. But it could be anything. Could be he was tired of interviewing and the teams didnt get him at a good time (our staff openly admits that when they interviewed X the first time it was awful but they realized the circumstances of the long day and worked him out privately and he blew that session away)

I do think with the draft basically almost 2 full months away it's a fair discussion point though

You're going to need to help me out on this one.

mark-davis-looks-like-microwaved-jon-gruden-leftovers-jon-gruden-31502805.png

There's a reporter from Pro Football Network that was on the ground in Indy interviewing players and talking to teams. We follow each other on Twitter. He says the Casserly report is the direct opposite of what he heard about Murray's interviews.

Personally I hope there's something to them otherwise Miami will never get a shot at him. But I don't think we have a shot anyway especially if Rapoport is saying Murray nailed his Cardinals interviews.

I think these Combine interviews are so stupid. They only get 15 minutes. What can they learn in that span? What sort of thing are you going to learn in that span that will help you predict an insanely complex future with respect to an athlete's career and your team fit? Can you really measure the depth and breadth of the guy's football knowledge in minutes, in a way that is meaningful to the predictive outcome?

It's no wonder what ends up happening instead is an embarrassing clown show of guys asking players if they're gay, asking if their mother is a prostitute, asking if they have both testicles, just staring at them blankly for 10 minutes to see who loses the staring contest, or just straight up insulting and ripping the hell out of them.

I half wonder if these idiots are in on the joke, realizing that 15 minutes is not enough to do a damn thing, and so what they're REALLY doing is just amusing themselves in some Andy Kaufman-esque way.

Back
Top Bottom