'Properly officiated' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Properly officiated'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The NFL defended the officiating in the Super Bowl, and Joe Montana defended himself.
Two days after the Steelers beat the Seahawks 21-10 in the NFL title game, the league said Tuesday that the game was "properly officiated."

"Including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg
Aiello said in a statement.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/02/07/bc.fbn.superbowl.afterm.ap/index.html

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
The NFL defended the officiating in the Super Bowl, and Joe Montana defended himself.
Two days after the Steelers beat the Seahawks 21-10 in the NFL title game, the league said Tuesday that the game was "properly officiated."

"Including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg
Aiello said in a statement.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2005/02/07/bc.fbn.superbowl.afterm.ap/index.html

:sidelol: :lol: :sidelol: :lol: :sidelol: :lol: :sidelol:

I agree with it. Just for an example: What if, when Jackson pushed off (and he did -slightly- but he DID) and caught the TD, that interference wasn't called. People would be bitching about the NON-call. There was obviously seperation made with the use of hands and the extension of the arm which is a PENALTY but any rule I have ever seen in football at any level. It may have looked like light push, but it was still a push. There are no 1/2 penalties. It either is or it isn't. That was pushing off.

AS for Montana: He is a joke. I never liked him anyway. What a prick.

I have not said much about the superbowl because I hate to think about it. That game left a sour taste in my mouth and I can honestly say that I am slightly less of an NFL fan than I was on February 4th. Would Seattle of won, I dont know but I feel bad for Pittsburgh because no team deserves to have a superbowl victory tainted like that

PassRush said:
I have not said much about the superbowl because I hate to think about it. That game left a sour taste in my mouth and I can honestly say that I am slightly less of an NFL fan than I was on February 4th. Would Seattle of won, I dont know but I feel bad for Pittsburgh because no team deserves to have a superbowl victory tainted like that

True true. Pittsburgh is just a "bystander" so to speak. They played the game and had no control over anything but their play and score. It must be frustrating for them.

SCall13 said:
I agree with it. Just for an example: What if, when Jackson pushed off (and he did -slightly- but he DID) and caught the TD, that interference wasn't called. People would be bitching about the NON-call. There was obviously seperation made with the use of hands and the extension of the arm which is a PENALTY but any rule I have ever seen in football at any level. It may have looked like light push, but it was still a push. There are no 1/2 penalties. It either is or it isn't. That was pushing off.

Agree on both counts, although Montana said he wanted to see his son's basketball game or something...but who knows

SCall13 said:

One reason that play is a joke is that the defender clearly has his hands on Jackson prior to Jackson getting seperation. If you're going to call a ticky tack foul it seems that illegal conduct would be called before pushing off. It's the same on the so called hold on Locklear. The Steeler defender is clearly offsides on that play, to 99% of the viewers there is no hold, and what gets called. Not offsides but holding. It wasn't so much that the penalties called were bad but that they were so one sided. The Steelers may have the ring but they didn't earn anyone's respect.

When Big Ben says 'I didnt score' and the officials call it a TD, review it, and still call it a TD, thats bad officiating

And yes Ben has even said he didnt score on that play, and its just 1 or about 5 or 6 calls like that

SCall13 said:
True true. Pittsburgh is just a "bystander" so to speak. They played the game and had no control over anything but their play and score. It must be frustrating for them.
How frustrating do you think it was for Seattle when they realized, sometime in the 2nd quarter, that the game was obviously fixed and that any big play they would make would be called back on a dubious penalty?

Alex22 said:
When Big Ben says 'I didnt score' and the officials call it a TD, review it, and still call it a TD, thats bad officiating

And yes Ben has even said he didnt score on that play, and its just 1 or about 5 or 6 calls like that

He said he didnt "think" he scored. He wasnt sure.
He is playing football, and not watching.
Thats the officials job.

Mauler said:
He said he didnt "think" he scored. He wasnt sure.
He is playing football, and not watching.
Thats the officials job.

On Tv he said that, but in an article I read he said 'I told coach cowher on the sideline that I didnt score' Ill try and find that

Are you saying you think the game was fair?

I think the officiating can be questioned.

It could have just as easily been Pittsburgh who got bad calls.

The referess call what they see. (There may have been lots of non-calls that went in favor of the Seahwks, but you dont know and you will never know and neither will anyone else. Like the Stevens fumble for example. It could have been much fairer then you perceieve it to be.)

Its unfortunate that the Seahawks got "seen", but nothing was done unfairly or in a biased manner. Have you watched football before? This stuff happens. People have the right to be upset, but dont twist it into "tainted" "unearned" "asterick" whining that is everywhere.

That is simply poor sportmanship.

Just to add fuel to the fire - Bob Waggoner, the back judge, who called the push off on Jackson is a Pittsburgh native, although I believe he now lives in Ohio. Mark Perlman, the line judge, who I believe (not sure) is the one who flagged Locklear for the phnatom hold is from Las Vegas. Originally he's from Tom's River New Jersey. Mob connections anyone? LOL. Who knows why they called the game the way they did. Most likely is that the majority were working their first SuperBowl and just choked but after seeing where a couple of the key refs came from or live, the conspiracy theories went from 1% probability to about 10% in my book. Either way, sad to say, I just saw the first ever illegitimate champion crowned world champ. Don King would be proud

Thats just bad form.

But whatever, if thats how you go through life, so be it.

If you were serious, you would quit watching NFL football right now.

Are you serious?

This stuff is getting the best of people and getting way out of control.

Is it getting blown out of porportion? Maybe

Should it sense its the Super Bowl? absolutely

Were there a handful of horrible calls? Fact

Did the Steelers win because of those calls? We'll never know

Life goes on.

But anyone defending those refs and saying there weren't any bad calls needs to find a new hobby. Everyone knows that NFL officiating needs some work, including them.

Back
Top Bottom