Props to Maxwell amd Ajayi | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props to Maxwell amd Ajayi

Maxwell looked good. Ajayi blew it up.

Funny what cutting players based on performance can do for those struggling or lacking effort.

Gase with the wake up call this week and it payed off. Hopefully the oline can stay healthy and the effort displayed today continues going forward.

Feels good to get a win like today, especially leaving points on the field which cannot keep happening if they want to turn the season around.

I went back and double checked, in both of RIcky William's 200 yard rushing games Miami gave up at least one sack, so I think it's safe to say this is the first time in team History Miami has allowed zero sacks and had an individual rush for 200 yards

Ajayi has been playing well even without much help up front. I'm not surprise he had a good game but I wasn't expecting 200 yards. Maxwell, was that really him out there? I want to see that effort again next week.

Ozzy rules!!

For one week at least, Tannenbaum's most scrutinized decisions played well

Kiko and Maxwell
Ajayi over Miller
Tunsil and Bushrod

Then Tannehill made a few plays improvising.

If you are allergic to optimism, stay away from Finheaven this week.

I give no credit to Tannenbaum for Tunsil. That was a series of fortunate events.

Joseph used Maxwell in press most of the game while Lippett played off...that was the different in Maxwell's play in coverage. But again, just one game...let's see how the rest of the season plays out. I certainly don't trust the guy.

Kiko Alonso most definitely leads the league in bear hug tackles. Softest tackling MLB in the league. He bear hugs the defender and then drags him to the ground. It works but he's not scaring anybody lol. He's definitely not popping anybody and causing a fumble or separating a receiver from the ball to cause an incompletion. He's the best we got though. Let's just hope Tannenbaum doesn't give him an outrageous contract at the end of the season.

That was by far Bushrod's best game. No question. That was Gase's decision though and everyone was bashing him for it so Gase gets the credit, not Tannenbaum.

That play where Pouncey gets completely blown up and pushed into Tannehill (I thought it was a sack at first) and then Tannehill spins, scrambles to the outside and throws a 53-yard completion to Gray...that was nice. He got robbed of two TDs today unfortunately. First drive he threw a good ball to Parker and Parker dropped it...settled for a FG...then he had two TDs on another drive where there was a TD to Jones I think but it was illegal formation and on that same drive he threw a laser that bounced off of Sims chest that should have been a TD if Sims catches it. Two FGs that should have been TDs.

Credit where it is due. Maxwell's coverage on Antonio Brown was good and he showed some fire in pass defense.

Heading into last weeks game Ajayi had 67 carries for 262 yards for his career. Over the past two weeks he has 38 carries for 246 yards. And of course everyone agrees the o-line was never better than it was when Pouncey was out. Just think of what Ajayi would have done of Pouncey didn't play. (The last part is 1110% sarcasim for those unable to detect it)

Looked to me like they were allowing Maxwell to play press-man the whole game. I seriously think that is where the improvement came from this week. Very good decision, and it payed off.

No. Maxwell gets no props! The still need to cut his ass now!

Love how Maxwell turned his head early on his one on one match ups. This allowed him to look for the ball and make a play on the ball. He showed some veteran savvy out there today....and most importantly, he looked like he wanted to play. I hope his dad, wife, Gase, brother, everyone got in his ass....he was playing his way out of the league.

Back
Top Bottom