Pyper's Triva: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pyper's Triva:

PYPER

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Which two NFL team's failed to win the SuperBowl despite losing to only ONE opponent ALL season?

Hint #1:
All season implies both regular and postseason

Hint #2:
The above mentioned feat did occur in the Super Bowl Era.

Hint #3:
There are TWO correct answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incorrect.

The '98 Vikings lost at Tampa Bay 27-24 and again in the NFC Championship game vs the Atlanta Falcons 30-27.

Thanks for stopping by.

NEXT

Ooo....that's a good one. Honestly, I wouldn't know without looking it up.

Originally posted by PYPER
Incorrect.

The '98 Vikings lost at Tampa Bay 27-24 and again in the NFC Championship game vs the Atlanta Falcons 30-27.

Thanks for stopping by.

NEXT

You didn't specify regular season and post season.

well technically post season is still part of the NFL season, and he did put one in caps. Good job, you were right on the vikes(pummeled by New York...who saw that coming?!) but not the answer he was lookin for.

and I have no idea. Was it in pre-super bowl days?

Originally posted by Snickersbps
well technically post season is still part of the NFL season, and he did put one in caps. Good job, you were right on the vikes(pummeled by New York...who saw that coming?!) but not the answer he was lookin for.

and I have no idea. Was it in pre-super bowl days?

2 seperate seasons, 2 different things. Regular season is over after 16 games. For the playoffs, records and statistics are completely seperate from those of the regular season. But thanks for the props on gettin the Vikes right :)

The Baltimore Colts of 68' (under Shula), lost to Joe Namaths Jets in the SB....

The original question said "ALL SEASON".

When people ask what the '72 Dolphins record was, do you answer 14-0? Of course not. The '72 Dolphins were 17-0.

"All season implies both the regular and postseason"

It wasn't meant to be a trick question. I appologize for not making it more clearer.

There has only been one team that fits the original question and it DID occur in the Super Bowl era.

Originally posted by Disnardo
The Baltimore Colts of 68' (under Shula), lost to Joe Namaths Jets in the SB....

INCORRECT (But nice try)

The '68 Colts did only lose one game during the regular season (to the Browns 30-20) but they also lost to the Jets in the Super Bowl 16-7.

Only one team fits the description of the original question and it did happen in the superbowl era.

Good luck

Originally posted by PYPER

INCORRECT (But nice try)

The '68 Colts did only lose one game during the regular season (to the Browns 30-20) but they also lost to the Jets in the Super Bowl 16-7.

Only one team fits the description of the original question and it did happen in the superbowl era.

Good luck

Your question:

Which NFL team failed to win the SuperBowl despite losing to only ONE opponent ALL season?

My answer might not be what your looking for , but it seems to fit the criteria of the question...

Originally posted by Disnardo

Your question:

Which NFL team failed to win the SuperBowl despite losing to only ONE opponent ALL season?

My answer seems to be the correct one...

You're answer seems to be teh correct one???

Are you from Bizzaro World?

Like I already explained, both the '98 Vikings and '68 Colts lost TWO games. They both lost one in the regular season and one in the postseason.

Neither one of those are the correct answer to the question.

Go back and read the question CAREFULLY. I also added two hints to help you out.

The same question went out to fans from three other teams. Two of those boards have already answered it correctly. Doll Fans better get their act together or you'll be coming in last place, just like your football team in 2004-05.

Back
Top Bottom