Q & A Live with Joel Collier: Answers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q & A Live with Joel Collier: Answers

He could work a relay type system with Trestman. For example if Collier wants to be on the field then he could be in close communication with Trestman upstairs. Trestman is very bright and his hire WILL bring dividends to the Fins. We're lucky to have him.

Question is then do we want Trestman to be the one closer to the action on the field so he can work more exclusively with the QBs, or do we want Collier to be in that role.

Now that I think about it, I'd rather that be Trestman! :)

Tom Moore (Colts OC) is another guy who calls plays from the sidelines. I think that maybe calling plays from the sidelines has alot to do with trust in your QB. That your QB sees the entire field and can relay that to you (the OC) on the sidelines (since you're not seeing as much as you would upstairs).

Again, I couldn't possibly know anything about this. Just an observation. Brady and Manning seem to see everything and are heady QBs. I wonder how much of this is the case.

Does anyone remember when we considered Tom Moore for our position of Offensive Coordinator? Back in 2000, when we ended up hiring Chan Gailey, Moore was on our short list of candidates...a QB coach at the time considered a strong candidate because he proposed to run a play-action based system. At least, I THINK this was back in 2000...it might be all the way back to when Kippy Brown was hired who knows with the instability of my memory.

Then again I doubt even Tom Moore's system could have run well with Fiedler at the helm making all those checkdowns and calls at the line of scrimmage.

You bring up a good point Muck, seems like those two QBs are two of the better of the league maybe thats what makes it work.

Another candidate of ours I believe was Mike Heimerdinger, then a WR coach of the Denver Broncos. I think he's an offensive coordinator right now....forget for whom. Maybe the Titans?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Another candidate of ours I believe was Mike Heimerdinger, then a WR coach of the Denver Broncos. I think he's an offensive coordinator right now....forget for whom. Maybe the Titans?

Heimerdinger is the OC for the Titans, and he is a very good one. I think he will eventually be a head coach in the league.

Thats what I hear. Seems like we always have guys in the running for jobs with us that end up doing very well elsewhere while we get guys who aren't quite as good. Maybe that just happens with every team though.

Heimerdinger and Moore? We get Gailey...
We tried to get Hasselback...
We wanted Boldin real bad...we get Moore
We consider gettin Ike Hilliard who ended up with like a billion touchdowns this year, or Marcus Robinson who ended up doing awesome, we get Derrius Thompson instead.
Oh of course lets not forget when we had like 13 RBs in training camp that one time, we let go of Tyrone Wheatley in camp and he goes on to Oakland to run for like 936 yards then over 1000 yards the next year.

Well I guess remember that time we considered Isaac Byrd, Dedric Ward, Matthew Hatchette, and James McKnight for a WR position with us? Guess we did get the best of the 4...though thats not sayin much. Kinda like when we ditched plans to draft Drew Brees choosing to pick Jamar Fletcher instead. Even with Fletcher being a bust I think we've been better off than if we put our hopes on mighty midget Brees to be our QB of the future. I think that would have proved costly cuz it would have left us with a dilemma for years, do we go ahead go after a new QB or do we keep givin our first round pick QB another shot to develop.

Oh yeah I forgot that we tried to get Tom Donahoe to be our GM when we first hired Wannstedt. When we didn't get him, I think we went with Spielman as just a VP of personnel to help out Dave.

Back
Top Bottom