Q&A with Surtain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q&A with Surtain

Q: Would you have been satisfied if a deal hadn’t happened and you stayed in Miami?

SURTAIN: “I don’t have anything bad to say about the Miami Dolphins. They have a great owner in Mr. Huizenga. It’s a new regime. Any time you bring in new guys, they’re going to want to bring their own guys in to start building. With my salary cap figure being so high, I don’t want to say it was a no-brainer because you’re giving up a great player and I don’t think a second-round pick can replace that, but like I said it’s a new chapte in my life and I’m looking forward to it.â€Â

Pat's a class act.. Gotta love the guy.. Since the Dolphisn probably wont compete til 2006, I hope the Chiefs win the SB this year so Surtain gets a ring.

The Chiefs are luck to get such a talented, selfless team player for a mere 2nd round pick. I hope Surtain makes the Pro Bowl, but plays poorly whenever facing us.

Thanks for posting that. He is great player, I hate to see him go but we didnt have many options. Wish him the best, and hopefully the D will be alright with out him.

love u pat. You are the best not one of the best even if 29 picks dont show it i watched u play all ur seasons in miami and boy did u impress me

HVACservice said:
I hope Saban does something special with that # 46 pick......

I agree! It's not going to be a Surtain, but hopefully we can find someone to make at least 3/4 of an impact on this team that Surtain did.

I have to agree with Pat. Miami is not going to get a player of Pat's calibure with the draft pick we traded him for. Even though he did not come flat out and say that.

ih8brady said:
The Chiefs are luck to get such a talented, selfless team player for a mere 2nd round pick. I hope Surtain makes the Pro Bowl, but plays poorly whenever facing us.

Don't forget the 50 million they paid him. ;)

Patrick will do well up there, and I hope he continues to stay healthy.

Good luck Patrick.

Back
Top Bottom