Qb Jake Rudock Of Weston Excited To Compete | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Jake Rudock Of Weston Excited To Compete

GettyImages-1018394446-e1547313413314.jpg

God, I hope this doesn't become like the situation in Denver with Trevor Simenon. I never understood who he got thrust into the spotlight or how they thought he could be a viable starting QB. Jake is not the answer at QB and I just hope the coaching staff does not think he is, but if they are really trying to land a QB in 2020, this would be they way to go.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...s-qb-jake-rudock-of-weston-excited-to-compete
You're right, I wouldn't get too excited about this. Bringing in competition, no matter the level.

we ust need that Curtis painter ceiling and we are all systems go
We had everything ready to go to get Andrew Luck, 0-7 … then Matt Moore led us on a meaningless win streak winning 6 of the last 9 games, and instead of Andrew Luck, we drafted Ryan Tannehill. Tony Sparano and the interim coach Todd Bowles both lost their jobs as they couldn't even tank properly. What good game of that late season win streak? We finished 6-10 … we still sucked, we still were the laughing stock, we still did not properly rebuild, and we did not secure the QB we wanted.

This year it looks like we're doing it right. We're assuring the coaching staff that they will have the opportunity to rebuild after we tank. They will get the QB we're tanking for. They have time to implement these systems with their new young players. I've had decades of misery since Don Shula retired, and decades of meaningless seasons since Dan Marino retired. I've endured enough hard times. I'm ready to truly suck for one year and finally return to WINNING things, like winning the division or at least be in contention every year. Like finally making the playoff is a realistic goal every year. Like finally entertaining thoughts of building a team capable of winning a Super Bowl.

Let's fix this shiz once and for all. Yes, since we can't seem to patch-work our way back to becoming a good team, I'm all for tanking a year to get that cornerstone QB. We've been living in the land of Hope for a long time. Let's start living in the land of Higher Probability.

I didn't know he was a hometown kid. Thanks.

Well, now I have to root for him.

I'd sure be more excited to see a young QB holding the reins rather than some old vet. Possible room for growth vs we know what you already are.

If we're going to suck, let's suck with young guys that have room for growth.

I’m telling you he’s not as bad as you think. Not saying he’s good but he’s not Nathan Peterman.

Here's some scouting reports on Ruddock:

Analysis
Rudock is physically maxed out, but took big strides this year in his mastery of an offense and confidence from the pocket. There is enough in the toolset to be interested in Rudock’s development, but I didn’t see any outstanding characteristics that would get me excited. Jim Harbaugh did wonders with him at Michigan, but can an NFL coaching staff continue to cultivate his accuracy and ball placement? Rudock is very much a rhythm passer who can adequately operate an offense when the situation is right, but I don’t think he’ll ever be the guy to elevate his game under pressure.

Grade: Priority UDFA
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/07/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-michigan-qb-jake-rudock/

Bottom Line
Rudock benefited in Jim Harbaugh's pro-style attack that allowed Rudock to find some downfield success in playaction. Rudock has natural accuracy, but needs to improve ball placement and quickness through progressions since he doesn’t have the arm strength to fit throws into tight, downfield windows. Rudock's impressive pro day on the heels of a strong finish to the 2015 campaign makes him a third-day draft possibility with backup potential.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jake-rudock?id=2556232

I’m telling you he’s not as bad as you think. Not saying he’s good but he’s not Nathan Peterman.

I agree. He really came on as the season progressed in his 1 year under Harbaugh. QB rating (using nfl formula) and win % of the teams he played were:

- Games 1-3: 73.6, .405
- Games 4-6: 85.1, .579
- Games 7-9: 105.7, .564
- Games 10-12: 117.0, .641

Rating in the bowl game vs Florida was 133.5.

So he performed better, despite the opposition being better.

Suggests he can take coaching and improve.

Could develop I to a decent backup / spot starter, a la Matt Moore.

I'm sure he is just excited to be in the NFL.

I agree. He really came on as the season progressed in his 1 year under Harbaugh. QB rating (using nfl formula) and win % of the teams he played were:

- Games 1-3: 73.6, .405
- Games 4-6: 85.1, .579
- Games 7-9: 105.7, .564
- Games 10-12: 117.0, .641

Rating in the bowl game vs Florida was 133.5.

So he performed better, despite the opposition being better.

Suggests he can take coaching and improve.

Beating Florida is not much of an accomplishment during the McElwain era. He was a horrible coach that destroyed the program during his tenure. It was amazing the difference Mullen made in his 1st yr. That QB rating was a direct correlation to McButters and his coaching not knowing what in the Hell they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom