QB of the future, and are you worried? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB of the future, and are you worried?

Miami should draft Chris Rix in the 4th-5th round... let BG handle the QB position until Rix is ready (2-3 years?).

i would trade up (giving away next years #1) getting Shane Andrew (OT/Arkansas).

Nails will get on pace once he loses the weight he gained after injuring his achillies. he'll be fine next season. Mckinney can take over for Ruddy (if he can get the line calls down) and we only need 2-3 lineman (hopefully smith learns something this year, and throws on some much needed weight).

Originally posted by finfan54

yeah, why do people try so hard to ignore the main problem with this team? i just dont understand peoples thinking. they must be flying out of formation.:)

Wade will be LT of the Future and he will only get better.he hasn't been dominated game in and out.How about people give credit to Freeney for being a monsters.The guy runs a 4.34 40 yard dash and has good speed rush move.Only other game I can remember Wade had a real hard was against Texans.Wade Smith is only going ot get better and he just need to add some strength.I think wade has a bright futre at LT.There no need to sign a LT through FA.The Dolphins need to draft a RT in 3rd round since you can find good value at Tackle spot on players who are not fit to play LT in the NFL but could become good starting RT.The area they need to concentrate on is the interior of the offensive line through FA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Blueprint_21
Miami should draft Chris Rix in the 4th-5th round... let BG handle the QB position until Rix is ready (2-3 years?).

i would trade up (giving away next years #1) getting Shane Andrew (OT/Arkansas).

Nails will get on pace once he loses the weight he gained after injuring his achillies. he'll be fine next season. Mckinney can take over for Ruddy (if he can get the line calls down) and we only need 2-3 lineman (hopefully smith learns something this year, and throws on some much needed weight).

Chris Rix will be a great value pick in those rounds but he is most likely staying for another year and even if he declares,I doubt he will last that long.I really don't wan't Griese or Fiedler back.I want a QB who has some real zip and throw the deep ball.Mark Brunell makes perfect sense and can turn this offense around.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

I really like Rix at that price.....I also don't think it's going to take him that long to pan out. Being a three or four year starter like he is, his development will be ahead of that pace. IMO.

Another guy who can be a late round sleeper is John Navarre from Michigan.He is 6'6 with the arm to throw it anywhere.

QB's that should fall mid rounds and up that I would like to see in a Fins uniform:

Asad Abdul-Khaliq I think he might there in third round.
Chris Rix likely 3rd round pick if he declares this year
John Navarre
BJ Symons

Originally posted by minus
Another guy who can be a late round sleeper is John Navarre from Michigan.He is 6'6 with the arm to throw it anywhere.

QB's that should fall mid rounds and up that I would like to see in a Fins uniform:

Asad Abdul-Khaliq I think he might there in third round.
Chris Rix likely 3rd round pick if he declares this year
John Navarre
BJ Symons

i was REALLY high on B.J. Symons... then he started to struggle. he's doubled his picks (8-16) in a matter of weeks... but we'll see. everything else (stat wise) is beating everyone by miles.

the only thing i don't like about Navarre is his low completion % (57). but other wise he's done pretty good.

IMO rix would be ideal because he can run well.

Originally posted by minus
Give Mark Brunell a decent oline and he will turn Chambers and Mcmicheal into probowlers.

Brunell to Chambers for a 65 yrd strike TD!!!:D

Same with 28-year old Brian Griese. Now how old is Brunell? 32 or 33? No thanks.

Keep Griese and draft a QB in 2005. Sign some O-Linemen and draft a WR like Clayton, Jenkins, or Evans.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Same with 28-year old Brian Griese. Now how old is Brunell? 32 or 33? No thanks.

Keep Griese and draft a QB in 2005. Sign some O-Linemen and draft a WR like Clayton, Jenkins, or Evans.

i would love to have jenkins.

http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/showstory.cgi?story_id=45612
they say miami is going to draft Reggie Williams (WR/Washington). Roy Williams according to this looks like an option. i don't see why if he's not around we wouldn't get him instead.. it depends i guess.

what do you guys think of Jason White of Oklahoma? i haven't seen to much of him. i know he's most likley going to win the Heisman Trophy, but that doesn't mean a lot (when it comes to QB).

White: CMP%-64.9, YPA- 9.0, TD/INT 27/6, SACKS- 10
is he a worthy pick up in the later rounds?

Reggie Williams? Nah man he is going top 10, once combines and all come around. Draft down to the early-midecond round. Pick up a third rounder for this. In this talented of a draft Jenkins looks to be right about there. He is a SE, Chambers is a Flanker. Is clutch, can go deep, is big, has talent. Not a burner but whatever, SEs usually aren't. He also turns only 22 by the start of the season, yet has been a four year starter, so he is experienced. Florida native. I cannot think of a better fit at receiver for us.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Oh yeah Griese has th arm throw it deep consistently ....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry couldn't help myself.Griese just doesn't have the arm strength and just make you wonder why the Dolphins haven't try a fade route with Griese at QB.

The talent at WR next year just make it to difficult to pass on taking a WR in the first round.

NC State head coach Chuck Amato was recently asked in an interview what he would say if an NFL scout asked him about Phillip Rivers potential of being a quarterback in the NFL. Chuck's response was short and to the point. "If you want to win, draft him".

Chris Rix?? When has he ever come thru in a huge game?? He's a great athlete at QB. And he's got a nice gun. But the guy is terribly inconsistent. And that's why Adrian McPherson took his job last year (and promptly got himself kicked off the team).

Originally posted by Muck
Chris Rix?? When has he ever come thru in a huge game?? He's a great athlete at QB. And he's got a nice gun. But the guy is terribly inconsistent. And that's why Adrian McPherson took his job last year (and promptly got himself kicked off the team).

He has improved alot this year compared to last year but I dtill don't think he will declared because he could be looking at first round if he continues to improve as a senior.

You guys are totally missing the point here..

You all must be forgetting that after this year, its a rebuilding period for the Phins.. Probably 3,4,5 years at .500 ball (Hopefully)

As mentioned above, the O-line will be gone.. Ruddy, Perry and more than likely Todd Wade... unless he comes back to earth and realizes he doesnt deserve the kinda money he has rumored to ask..

Seau will be too old and expensive, O-gun is going to ask for HUGE money... Marion is probably too old and rumored to retire.. and I am not positive, but I am sure there are a few other players, playing the last year of their contract..

Not to mention we are way over budget for next year.. and how many times and how many players can you ask to restructure their contracts after another hopeful but disappointing year.. ??

So the way I see it... its pretty much this year or bust... and we all know if its a bust.. then Wanny is gone and you can add a Head Coach to list..

By the time our next years acquisitions are signed, groomed and ready to play NFL football, probably 2-3 years down the road.. we will lose all our other key players.. Surtain, Madison, Thomas, Taylor, RW... etc etc etc...

So as much as I hate to say it.. we are at the doorstep of some very frustrating upcoming years..

Back
Top Bottom